Recession is upon us - disastrous economic data

3 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Nearly every non commie on this forum has been warning for years that the disastrous inflation producing Biden policies and reckless spending won't end well.

As predicted world financial markets collapse. 

Roundy: You guys have Biden derangement syndrome.

Also Roundy: waaahh nobody will engage with me seriously.

:lol:

Biden's policies will get us to the 'bad ending' economically, but Trump isn't much, if any better. Even before Covid he ran up deficits and debt....and most of his current policies/promises look like debt will be increasing even more.  They both suck.

The problem with our country now is we need a rational moderate candidate (from either party) who is willing to say what needs to be said and do what needs to be done.  Both sides of the political spectrum are more worried about pandering to their extreme bases, and as a county we elect these idiots when we need different choices on BOTH sides.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

Biden's policies will get us to the 'bad ending' economically, but Trump isn't much, if any better. Even before Covid he ran up deficits and debt....and most of his current policies/promises look like debt will be increasing even more.  They both suck.

The problem with our country now is we need a rational moderate candidate (from either party) who is willing to say what needs to be said and do what needs to be done.  Both sides of the political spectrum are more worried about pandering to their extreme bases, and as a county we elect these idiots when we need different choices on BOTH sides.

Are you kidding? Trump is blessed by God himself. Tariffs will restore the economy so everyone’s income is a gagillion dollars and we will produce every single item available to consumers at JD Vance’s grandma’s factory. 

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Are you kidding? Trump is blessed by God himself. Tariffs will restore the economy so everyone’s income is a gagillion dollars and we will produce every single item available to consumers at JD Vance’s grandma’s factory. 

I know there is a lot of sarcasm here, but I repeat what I said. Both candidates are terrible.  We need a moderate.  But neither side will give us that bout of the primaries.  Most Americans pick their party and are more worried about 'owning' the other side...making people who disagree with them feel bad...rather than supporting what is actually good for the country. Biden, Trump? both of their polices are bad for this country.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Are you sure you don't have that backwards?

• Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

You’ve got to be kidding me 

How is -2% today a “collapse?”

What is it since Friday?

Plus - this is developing sorry we don’t have answers immediately for this collapse other then Hiden Harris cannot oversee any of it ever.  

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

I know there is a lot of sarcasm here, but I repeat what I said. Both candidates are terrible.  We need a moderate.  But neither side will give us that bout of the primaries.  Most Americans pick their party and are more worried about 'owning' the other side...making people who disagree with them feel bad...rather than supporting what is actually good for the country. Biden, Trump? both of their polices are bad for this country.

That’s why I think Harris is walking back a lot of her Bernie Bro policies from the 2020 campaign like the Federal Jobs Guarantee. I think she’s going to have to run a little more moderate. 

9 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

You’ve got to be kidding me 

How is -2% today a “collapse?”

Exactly.

Maybe these people should have put everything in an alternative asset that isn't subject to runaway printing of new dollars? Maybe something like, oh, I don't know, Bitcoin?

Oh.

EDIT: If only we had Trump's Strategic Bitcoin Reserve! Then the government could intervene to prop it up! That would be the free market we're looking for ...

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

That’s why I think Harris is walking back a lot of her Bernie Bro policies from the 2020 campaign like the Federal Jobs Guarantee. I think she’s going to have to run a little more moderate. 

It’s wild that the American electorate constantly falls for “campaigning to the middle”

Biden ran as the most centrist, return to normalcy, bipartisan buddy buddy candidate we’ve ever seen .. then governed like Bernie Sanders. 

Kamala will do the same.  

I don’t blame her for lying about it.. the average voter is the most easily manipulated person on the planet. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

You stand for nothing you’ll believe in anything.  

Only power.  That’s all they want.  There’s a saying on that to.  

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s wild that the American electorate constantly falls for “campaigning to the middle”

Biden ran as the most centrist, return to normalcy, bipartisan buddy buddy candidate we’ve ever seen .. then governed like Bernie Sanders. 

Kamala will do the same.  

I don’t blame her for lying about it.. the average voter is the most easily manipulated person on the planet. 

You do know that this is what Trump does every time he opens his mouth, right?

• Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Absolutely some of the blame belongs at the feet of the GOP. They voted to pass bills that added gas to this dumpster fire.

But democrats, especially the commie caucus that hoped this would be the outcome, carry far far more of the blame.

3 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Are you aware that the S&P increased by a larger percentage under Trump than it had under Biden? No? If you look it feel free to report back. Whomp whomp

My IRA doesn’t care about percent increase, it cares about the market going to the moon like it did under Biden.

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

You stand for nothing you’ll believe in anything.  

Only power.  That’s all they want.  There’s a saying on that to.  

The goal of literally any political party is to take office. This isn’t some kind of conspiracy, you know. 

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Kamala will do the same.  

If he governed like Sanders, where is the universal healthcare?

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Anyone else with iPhone have their stock update screen stop updating?  Just dashes

Or did they shut down the market and I missed it.  

Just you, mine is working fine. Though I use SoFi for my broker and don’t really check the Apple default stock app. 

1 minute ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Can you make a point without saying Trump? 

This was the first time I mentioned the convicted felon, adjudicated fraudster and adjudicated sexual assaulter in this thread.

• Eyeroll 1