Recession is upon us - disastrous economic data

50 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Because price controls are bad 

Not according to Cumala.  Have you been living under a rock?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Irv said:

If true, why doesn't Biden and Harris implement price controls now?

If true? The company admitted it. Plus if you didn’t know this was the case it’s because people just have their biased opinions and don’t want to know the truth. 

propel ask why the stock market is doing so good “? duh, these companies are making record profits! why? They are ***** YOU! Blaming the wrong person is NOT going to solve it!!

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, 4th&long said:

If true? The company admitted it. Plus if you didn’t know this was the case it’s because people just have their biased opinions and don’t want to know the truth. 

propel ask why the stock market is doing so good “? duh, these companies are making record profits! why? They are ***** YOU! Blaming the wrong person is NOT going to solve it!!

Are you going to cry again?  I’m heavy in the stock market and am set for life thanks.  Have fun eating government cheese waiting for your next Obammy Phone. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Are you going to cry again?  I’m heavy in the stock market and am set for life thanks.  Have fun eating government cheese waiting for your next Obammy Phone. 

I love me some gobement cheese.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Gotta love that insider trading as it tanked way before this news came out. I'm sure Nancy Pelosi took her money out already 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Have been for a long time for the folks in the bottom quintiles. 

We must first ask the lefties here if this report is true or not. Because they know what’s best for us.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Westside said:

We must first ask the lefties here if this report is true or not. Because they know what’s best for us.

Apparently the "run of the mill, normal type of recession" is what's best.

2-10Spread.thumb.jpeg.22e12d63de2bad6981d5a2efc2053e32.jpeg

I'm not sure why the y-axis is getting cut off on this chart, but it shows the spread between the 2 year and 10 year Treasury yield curves. The solid line just below the dotted line is 0. The spread has been inverted (negative) for over two years now. An inverted yield curve is often cited as an important recession indicator and has historically held up to that expectation.

The problem is, the inversion has been dismissed by a lot in the finance field as a "not this time" type of situation because of how long it has been inverted yet no (official) recession has happened. The danger in that thinking is the curve inverting is not the indicator that a recission is about to happen. The real indicator is when the curve snaps back into positive territory quickly, which just happened (5 bps positive right now). It has never been this deeply inverted for this duration before, so it will be very interesting to see how the economy responds over the next few months.