Recession is upon us - disastrous economic data

14 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Your intentions are kind of obvious given your stupid screen name change. 

This post reeks of sour grapes. How we we supposed to know you were mere hours away from unveiling the "Trump is totally normal" screen change?

17 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Your intentions are kind of obvious given your stupid screen name change. 

Hope that name doesn’t gnaw at you. Hard to believe you were dumb enough to go all out on the mentally fit routine. 

I find it ridiculous when the blue team here tells us how wonderful the markets have done under the mentally fit one while ignoring the superior market performance under the previous guy. Even you, an individual that is an expert on everything, broke out a “Not.Bad.At.All” in reference to the S&P performance under President Mentally Fit. That was funny. 

Did you know it’s possible to intensely dislike Biden, Harris, and Trump at the same time? 

Edited by Biden is Mentally Fit
Grammar

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

My bad.  Thought you were better than "stock market went up = my team better than your team".  Sorry for the interruption.  

Complex and multifactorial are not their strong suit.  Nevertheless, the last 8 years have been good and maybe great.  That is largely due to stimulus spending which also caused inflation.  But there's no denying that the US economy is the most important in the world.  It reacted today to our specific data.  Hopefully this is a normal blip, if not then a mild recession. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

For what quintile.  

What quintile has a meaningful 401K?   Most of middle America?  1/2 of middle America?  Hey, trump was the first 4 years.  He pushed the fed, often unsuccessfully., to lower interest rates and boost the market almost continuously.   

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Doc said:

I looked at the post to which you responded.  There was no giddiness.  It was more "I told you so."

That idiot said this is worse than 1929.  That is bananas nuts.

1 hour ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Did you know it’s possible to intensely dislike Biden, Harris, and Trump at the same time? 

This is true, but only convicted felon, adjudicated fraudster, adjudicated sexual assaulter and indicted Trump has proved himself to be a threat to our Republic as a democracy.

Edited by Scraps
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

By this logic couldn’t you call it “Schumernomics” or “Gillinrandnomics” or any senator who voted for it? 

Anyways, it doesn’t even matter because WE’RE BACK BABY 

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

By this logic couldn’t you call it “Schumernomics” or “Gillinrandnomics” or any senator who voted for it? 

Anyways, it doesn’t even matter because WE’RE BACK BABY 

Damn!

Black Monday 2024 was fun while it lasted ...

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Name me one Trump policy or action you have disagreed with.

His badmouthing Kemp this past Saturday. Is that action recent enough? How about his childish name-calling. Is that suitable as a purity test? How about his willingness to call the sky blue in the morning, green in the evening, and deny ever calling it blue? Does that work for you? How about hawking bibles? Are those considered actions or are you now going to change the goalposts?

7 minutes ago, Scraps said:

This is true, but on Trump has proved himself to be a threat to our Republic as a democracy.

This is hysteria befitting Tiberius. Sad. 

Just now, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

His badmouthing Kemp this past Saturday. Is that action recent enough? How about his childish name-calling. Is that suitable as a purity test? How about his willingness to call the sky blue in the morning, green in the evening, and deny ever calling it blue? Does that work for you? How about hawking bibles? Are those considered actions or are you now going to change the goalposts?

Let's talk about governmental actions. You know, policies, executive actions, etc. Former or proposed.

Your comment is basically me saying "I don't like how Biden mumbles and shuffles."

1 minute ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

So what are your thoughts about cutting taxes to the extent that the budget could never be balanced and future generations would be saddled with our debt?

What are your thoughts on trying to overthrow an election?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

This post reeks of sour grapes. How we we supposed to know you were mere hours away from unveiling the "Trump is totally normal" screen change?

I did have my finger hovering over the "Submit." 

But what I don't get: how on earth did you know that?

3 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

This is hysteria befitting Tiberius. Sad. 

So you can defend him organizing fake electors after the States had certified the elections?

If Trump hadn't repeatedly lied and called his cult to D.C on Jan 6 and told them to go to the Captital and fight like hell, do you think Ashli Babbitt would be alive or dead?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Let's talk about governmental actions. You know, policies, executive actions, etc. Former or proposed.

Your comment is basically me saying "I don't like how Biden mumbles and shuffles."

Oh. Goalpost shifting. Got it. 

His handling of Covid was an abomination. Not in the same way you believe it to be an abomination. 

Beyond that, his time in office did not give me heartburn. He’s just an awful self-serving jackass and a disaster for the Republican Party. 

For his part, the mentally fit guy has been a lying, self-serving embarrassment his entire 50+ year stay in Washington. 

5 minutes ago, Scraps said:

So you can defend him organizing fake electors after the States had certified the elections?

If Trump hadn't repeatedly lied and called his cult to D.C on Jan 6 and told them to go to the Captital and fight like hell, do you think Ashli Babbitt would be alive or dead?

I’ve never defended a thing he’s done. The whole “threat to democracy” routine is hysterical, tired, and stale. The people that say it, other than you, don’t even believe it. 

3 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

His handling of Covid was an abomination. Not in the same way you believe it to be an abomination. 

Beyond that, his time in office did not give me heartburn. He’s just an awful self-serving jackass and a disaster for the Republican Party. 

For his part, the mentally fit guy has been a lying, self-serving embarrassment his entire 50+ year stay in Washington. 

I’ve never defended a thing he’s done. The whole “threat to democracy” routine is hysterical, tired, and stale. The people that say it, other than you, don’t even believe it. 

He has been indicted by Grand Juries in multiple jurisdictions as have his fake electors.  Your dodge is weak.

10 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Allow me to summarize. It's the old "I may not like his demeanor, but I liked all of his policies."

Even as to the handling of COVID there's nothing specific. I imagine you'll say his sole mistake was to allow any shutdowns whatsoever.

• Like (+1) 1