Friday 8-2 Return of Blue & Red at Highmark Stadium; Open to public 5:30 pm — 7:30 pm

15 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The stuff on the 90 wasn't because of the game just two accidents that turned into 4 because people think they need to get where they are going faster than everyone else.

The absolute cluster down by the stadium had me close to going full Falling Down.  Note to everyone using California Rd.   If you're turning left onto the road you do not have the right of way over people turning right onto it.   You also don't earn the right of way by turning onto the road and trying to fit your car between two other cars.  If you do this you're an idiot and shouldn't be driving.

Love a good "Falling Down" reference!

8 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Feels like there were way more accidents than usual. Even on the Skyway, there was some jackass that ran out of gas and blocked the right merge lane. 

Oh yeah the Donkey Department was in full effect today.   Felt like I was on Rochester not Buffalo

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Is Elam having a good camp because our WRs are bad?

A fair question. 

Or it's possible that it took Elam a couple of years, plus injuries, to figure the NFL out, and this year he's putting it all together. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Mailman said:

Love a good "Falling Down" reference!

It was close brother lol.

17 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Anyone have anything on McGovern and gos the line looked as a whole?

Clean pockets?  Time to throw?  Running game?

It was hit or miss.   Noticed Spencer Brown get blown by once.   On tje next play he got help from the guard.  Middle of the line struggled with Oliver.     It's really not much of a scrimmage or live simulation.

These players stood out as having a good night.

Oliver, Spector, MVS, Ray Davis, Zach Davidson, Taron Johnson, tecorey Couch and Dalton Kincaid.

On the bad side of things I am not sure our wideouts are very sure handed.  Curtis Samuel in particular needs to hold onto the ball.

Otherwise it was just a training camp practice in the stadium.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Or it's possible that it took Elam a couple of years, plus injuries, to figure the NFL out, and this year he's putting it all together. 

I think it’s more possible our WRs are what we thought they are.

But that’s the fun of camp. We’ll soon find out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

A fair question. 

I kept thinking Elam was good when he played before this year. Sometimes I don’t understand what our coaches see. They will run out washed up zeros like Frank Gore, Latavius Murray, AJ Klein etc like they don’t see what everyone else can see…but then not realize guys that flash. I thought Elam was playing well every chance he got and just never got a look. I think Dorian Williams was a guy that was making plays and he just couldn’t get on the field. We were playing guys that didn’t belong in the league in the biggest game of the season over 42. There is a lot to like about McDermott but he definitely confuses me with personal decisions at times.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

This has been what I've been envisioning as our base this off-season. It can attack teams so many ways.

I've wanted to give him some more lead last year. Now, the Bills had some great depth in front of him but it's heartening to see the leap.

I don't have any hard numbers, but seriously guys, what's our odds that we go a full season without Douglas or Vendors missing a game?

I hope the vendors don't miss a game!

Untitled.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Stadium has been there for 50 years, you would think by now they would have it straightened out…but it seems to be getting worse.

TBF its a Friday during rush hour traffic when people are going home from work and stuff.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think it’s more possible our WRs are what we thought they are.

But that’s the fun of camp. We’ll soon find out.

I'm a glass half full kind of guy. Just look at my posting history. 

7 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I kept thinking Elam was good when he played before this year. Sometimes I don’t understand what our coaches see. They will run out washed up zeros like Frank Gore, Latavius Murray, AJ Klein etc like they don’t see what everyone else can see…but then not realize guys that flash. I thought Elam was playing well every chance he got and just never got a look. I think Dorian Williams was a guy that was making plays and he just couldn’t get on the field. We were playing guys that didn’t belong in the league in the biggest game of the season over 42. There is a lot to like about McDermott but he definitely confuses me with personal decisions at times.

Elam was just inconsistent. He was never a bust.

But when I hear he’s having his best camp I asked myself who’s he even facing? Mack Hollins, MVS, Tyrell Shavers, and Keon Coleman?

None of these players are considered separators. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

I will post out with Elam that sometimes guys who usually win just by being the better athlete need time to get good. Knox had a better first two seasons receiving than Eric Moulds and it wasn't that close, but from that point forward Moulds got good. 

• Agree 1

One thing to note the ball was slick tonight with the rain  - I don't view the balls going through some wrs hands that they can't catch as maybe a wake up to focus more in conditions that are less than ideal

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

A fair question. 

It is.. but for much of camp, it’s sounded like the offense was lighting up the defense, with some standout days for Elam, Oliver, Von etc. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, buffblue said:

He's a headcase. It's really quite shocking to me that a contending team like the Bills with Josh Allen in his prime could employ someone so shaky at such an important position. I feel certain it's going to cost us again

“K Tyler Bass ended the period with a missed field goal from 58-yards. Bass then followed it up with made field goals of 23, 28, 33, 40, 44, and 51-yards, before ending practice with a made 44-yard field goal.”

Seriously can we slow the roll on this narrative? ( it’s the reporter as much as your response) Yes, He had a tough end of 2023. But we’re now saying missing a 58 yarder ( the very limit of his range) and otherwise going 7-7 is shaky? Nah 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 8

1 hour ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Stadium has been there for 50 years, you would think by now they would have it straightened out…but it seems to be getting worse.

The space being consumed by the new stadium has got to be a huge factor though.  

I'm only going to road games until that thing is up.  

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Interesting that Epenesa gets the start over Von.

I think Von is gonna be saved for obvious passing situations.

It seems like there's little value in starting him, especially on run downs.

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Really hope Davis learns how to take care of the ball.  Sounds like a future stud.

2 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

So fumbles really are an issue for Davis. Bummer. 

Ray Davis had 8 fumbles in 840 touches (carries + receptions) in college. That's 1 fumble every 105 touches.

That's very low.

Of those 8 fumbles 3 were recovered by the other team.

41 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Almost every NFL Head Coach is averse to starting a player until they TRUST that player.

Trust has to be earned.