Friday 8-2 Return of Blue & Red at Highmark Stadium; Open to public 5:30 pm — 7:30 pm

6 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

You base that on one carry?

Its crazy how narratives start so quickly  - pretty sure dude never fumbled in college .  Josh said each of the lost exchanges were his fault bc sweaty hands yet McGovern can't snap the ball etc

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stevewin said:

Its crazy how narratives start so quickly  - pretty sure dude never fumbled in college .  Josh said each of the lost exchanges were his fault bc sweaty hands yet McGovern can't snap the ball etc

It's preseason as well for end of the world game day thread analysis. Dudes are just getting their whining chops limber. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

"Fumbles is a big thing," said offensive coordinator Joe Brady when asked about Davis on Tuesday. "His demeanor; he's as mature as they come. He understands how important the football is and putting those on the ground obviously impacted him."

14 hours ago, The Wiz said:

This has been what I've been envisioning as our base this off-season. It can attack teams so many ways.

13 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

The way Elam is playing, I would absolutely love for him to be a part of this defence at least to start the year. (In a rotational role)

Benford is a great zone corner, but Elam can bring a different element if the Bills want to go more "man to man" some games

I've wanted to give him some more lead last year. Now, the Bills had some great depth in front of him but it's heartening to see the leap.

I don't have any hard numbers, but seriously guys, what's our odds that we go a full season without Douglas or Benford missing a game?

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

Traffic was the worst cluster I've ever seen.  Left house at 3, normally 30-45 min drive taking back roads.  Once got to abbot was not moving.  Had to get to southwestern lot 5 for ada lot.  Just got to my seat.  Still people on the roads for miles

It usually takes me 1.5 hours to get to the stadium.   Took me 3 hours today. 

The 90 was backed up from just before the transit road exit almost all the way to the stadium. Then when I finally got to the backside of the stadium I was in a standstill for another 35 minutes.  I ended up parking a ways from the stadium because I wanted out of the car.

Absolute fluster cluck.  

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

This has been what I've been envisioning as our base this off-season. It can attack teams so many ways.

The return of the K-Gun?

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I know I'm a broken record on this, but my growing hype on Coleman is not the circus catches and physicality. We knew he had that. It's that he's refined his route running and that can be used with the other two to get that extra bit of separation. And once the ball is in his hands he has the field vision of a kick returner and is a physical runner. Look out.

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

The return of the K-Gun?

I mean not quite. I don't think anyone will have that level of play calling at the line.

But what I see is personnel that has enough crossover that you could put Samuel in the backfield with Cook and run 12. Or bring Coleman into the slot to act as TE in to run 21 or 22. And even then staying at 11 personnel they are heavy enough with condensed formations to run efficiently.

Brady can really pull out tools vs an opponents weaknesses 

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 1

I thought tonight was rough for the offensive side of the ball. Picks, fumble, dropped passes. Ugly.  Samuel in particular had a couple of drops.  Davis coughed it up again (play was not over; he was still headed for the end zone).  

9 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I mean not quite. I don't think anyone will have that level of play calling at the line.

But what I see is personnel that has enough crossover that you could put Samuel in the backfield with Cook and run 12. Or bring Coleman into the slot to act as TE in to run 21 or 22. And even then staying at 11 personnel they are heavy enough with condensed formations to run efficiently.

Brady can really pull out tools vs an opponents weaknesses 

I meant K-gun the formation.  Not running it at a no-huddle pace. 

21 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The 90 was backed up from just before the transit road exit almost all the way to the stadium. Then when I finally got to the backside of the stadium I was in a standstill for another 35 minutes.  I ended up parking a ways from the stadium because I wanted out of the car.

Absolute fluster cluck.  

Stadium has been there for 50 years, you would think by now they would have it straightened out…but it seems to be getting worse.

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

58 yarder got reported first. That’s a long kick.  Would tie his longest. I don’t like that he didn’t strike it well but make everything 50 in. I can live with even odds 55 yards out. 

It was ugly.  But, to be fair, he hit the other ones well.  The long one just never had a chance. 

10 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Stadium has been there for 50 years, you would think by now they would have it straightened out…but it seems to be getting worse.

Weekday games present this problem.  Downtown was clearing out at the same time as people headed to practice.  It’s just bad timing. 

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Bad day for Samuel. Just saw his third drop. 

He sucked.  One nice play but overall he sucked.  Plexiglass tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I’ve barely heard anything about KJ Hamler this summer.  Seems like a long shot?

Unless he wins the PR job I’d be surprised.  I actually thought Samuel’s brutal night helped MVS.  Need an experienced hand.  

16 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

The stuff on the 90 wasn't because of the game just two accidents that turned into 4 because people think they need to get where they are going faster than everyone else.

The absolute cluster down by the stadium had me close to going full Falling Down.  Note to everyone using California Rd.   If you're turning left onto the road you do not have the right of way over people turning right onto it.   You also don't earn the right of way by turning onto the road and trying to fit your car between two other cars.  If you do this you're an idiot and shouldn't be driving.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Simon said:

It's an aberration not worth worrying about.

The kid has outstanding hands.

Agreed - Better catch % than Diggs, Justin Jefferson, Puca Nanci an and more. Great thing is we have other phenomenal hands guys that we can go to if someone is having a dropsy game. 

47 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Absolute fluster cluck.  

Feels like there were way more accidents than usual. Even on the Skyway, there was some jackass that ran out of gas and blocked the right merge lane. 

• Agree 1