Friday 8-2 Return of Blue & Red at Highmark Stadium; Open to public 5:30 pm — 7:30 pm

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't know man, hard to have an iota of confidence that Bass can hit any critical kicks this year.

12 minutes ago, Simon said:

How in the hell do you go from striking a ball so cleanly like he was, to regular blundering like he is?

He's a headcase. It's really quite shocking to me that a contending team like the Bills with Josh Allen in his prime could employ someone so shaky at such an important position. I feel certain it's going to cost us again

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I was hoping some of what we saw last year was some unknown physical injury that would be fine by now. I’m getting more concerned that the problem may be between his ears. Kickers are a lot like golfers in that regard. He was a STUD for a while….and then he wasn’t. Hope he can magically find that mojo again.  

Yeah, you have to be able to visualize yourself accomplishing the task. Meaning people such as golfers, bowlers, and kickers need to have the mental image/confidence of proper release, follow through and everything else the task entails. Once you start overthinking those things you’re toast. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bills aPHILLYate said:

I love that this team is willing to put 111 players on the field. Leave no stone unturned! 

they didn't flag them for 12 men vs the vikings.  Got use that advantage (even though it might be excessive).

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Like I said, impossible not to have total confidence in Bass this year.

My dad who HATES Bass now went on a rant for the one mis then just to troll him i hyped up each of the 5 in a row and his response was "yeah wait til there's wind" 😛

• Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’m sorry but Elam HAS to be the starter next to Benford 

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

He looks like a different player man, he looks so upbeat and confident 

The problem is going to be the flags.  He's had a great camp in terms of making the play on the ball but at the same time he's been called for a bunch of DPI or defensive holding.

If anything we know, they like to play a clean game vs playing a wildcard.  He will get his spots at some point but like I said earlier, I think his "new energy" makes the resigning/extension of Douglas less of a need and more of an insurance policy.

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

People think it's so easy to kick a FG from the 30 yard line, they forget to add 7 yards for the snap and 10 more because the goalposts are pushed way back.

In 1974 the uprights were right on the goalline but some the players were running into them and getting hurt but screw the kicker.... who cares about the KIIIICKKKKEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

first comment is actually about Bass 😭

First off, this is awesome,  have never seen that!  He made from 28,33,40,44, and 51.  A dude that is in the top ten of highest paid kickers should hit those in his sleep.  I was watching that kick against KC in the playoffs through my hat because I had zero confidence he was going to hit it.   The game against Philly was when I started thinking he may be a liability when it comes down to high stakes moments.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

wait soooooo, what happened exactly?

Missed one badly at 7:06 and then was perfect at 7:14?

58 yarder got reported first. That’s a long kick.  Would tie his longest. I don’t like that he didn’t strike it well but make everything 50 in. I can live with even odds 55 yards out.