Friday 8-2 Return of Blue & Red at Highmark Stadium; Open to public 5:30 pm — 7:30 pm

13 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

It usually takes me 1.5 hours to get to the stadium.   Took me 3 hours today. 

The 90 was backed up from just before the transit road exit almost all the way to the stadium. Then when I finally got to the backside of the stadium I was in a standstill for another 35 minutes.  I ended up parking a ways from the stadium because I wanted out of the car.

Absolute fluster cluck.  

I was on the 90 and 190 headed away from OP and saw all that traffic. Traffic was Huge. Got to know though you were competing with rush hour traffic plus stadium traffic. Unusual circumstance

6 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

I was on the 90 and 190 headed away from OP and saw all that traffic. Traffic was Huge. Got to know though you were competing with rush hour traffic plus stadium traffic. Unusual circumstance

Something was amiss with the stadium lots, which in turn was backing up traffic in every direction.

Once we finally turned off Southwestern onto the short road into the lots on the North side of the stadium, we waited almost 25 minutes before we got up to the person charging for parking. 

The line was moving slower than I've ever seen and I've no idea why.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

Rush hour to an extent but I left my house at 2:30 in the afternoon.  I was on the 90 by 3.   Serious question is rush hour that early on a Friday afternoon?  I lived on Deleware 20 years ago and don't remember it being like that ever.

23 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

This is an interesting discussion you two are having, because it's a microcosm of McDermott decision making.  McDermott seems always to go with the steady, consistent play over playmakers who are inconsistent.  He tends to value no mental mistakes over physical superiority.   

McDermott's entire philosophy is premised on this.  A defense playing together, with 11 guys all doing what they're supposed to do, is better than 10 guys doing what they're supposed to do and one guy, no matter how talented, running around and making some big plays. 

These two statements are about as accurate an assessment of McDermott's philosophy as I've seen.

Dorian has all the physical tools to be a great LB, he just seems to lack the mental part. I agree that it probably drives McDermott crazy.

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s more possible because he’s not facing anyone that’s a proven outside WR or consider a good separator outside.

A lot of the work from Allen this camp has come over the middle. We’ll just have to wait and see how these WRs fair outside. 

It's possible but these same receivers were on the same offense that were also lighting up our starting corners in camp.  So are they bad too?

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s more possible because he’s not facing anyone that’s a proven outside WR or consider a good separator outside.

A lot of the work from Allen this camp has come over the middle. We’ll just have to wait and see how these WRs fair outside. 

Is that true though?  Why do I keep hearing references to toe-tapping and getting their feet in bounds?

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

That's a fair point.  It probably was their first wet practice.  And for some, it was the first wet practice with Josh Allen fastballs headed at them.  But the drops still were ugly. 

I hope you're right.  The one of off the chest plate was particularly brutal.  He had an alarmingly rough day. 

Don't forget that there was a question whether Dodson (I think) would go.  So the safe play was to put the steady hand in the middle and let the weak side situation play out all week.  People forget what a mess the defensive side of the ball was at the end of the year.  Starting LBs out. Starting corner out.  Old safeties.  Jones playing hurt.  Miller obviously still recovering.  Taron Johnson six days off of a concussion.  And yet, with a non-existent Diggs, we still took the Super Bowl champs to the limit.  

And, I'll add, I believe Dodson did play, but basically with one arm.  

💯 

j definitely haven’t forgotten.  I thought we were the better team last year and the year before.  Both years we lost substantial/key players to injury.  Luck was on KCs side the last 3 seasons.  We didn’t have enough to overcome injury the last two seasons and one bomeheaded coaching/communication the prior season.

KC suffered bad injury luck in the SB vs tampa and got obliterated.  They were lucky enough to overcome 13 seconds but not lucky enough to overcome a decimated OL

35 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

He is 15 of 17 this year in camp. His two misses were from 51 and 58 yards.

I think people are overreacting just a tad to his performance.

lol I was just making a joke buddy.

Completely fair, let's hope he keeps it up 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

For sure and i understand that. But I think in hindsight it was clearly the wrong decision.

When Dorian came in, their defence looked so much faster and actually got a couple stops in the 4th.

It's a double edged sword I totally get it. Dorian starts and is probably overwhelmed mentally.

Klein starts and he is overwhelmed physically.

I still would have taken the upside with Dorian

Agreed- I was hoping to see much less to zero AJ Klein that game.  I was just disputing your point that there was zero reason to start Klein.  I thought the reason was obvious.  

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

So fumbles really are an issue for Davis. Bummer. 

12 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Ray Davis had 8 fumbles in 840 touches (carries + receptions) in college. That's 1 fumble every 105 touches.

That's very low.

Of those 8 fumbles 3 were recovered by the other team.

10 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

That was in college. NFL defensive players make money ripping the ball out. 

Nope. 

Got it. Thanks.

😄

1 hour ago, yall said:

Something was amiss with the stadium lots, which in turn was backing up traffic in every direction.

Once we finally turned off Southwestern onto the short road into the lots on the North side of the stadium, we waited almost 25 minutes before we got up to the person charging for parking. 

oof, I’m worried for the preseason games now.  Taking my kids so I don’t want to walk  a mile from a private Big Tree lot, like I always do when I go by myself 😂

1 hour ago, yall said:

Do they have somebody directing people where to park once entering the lot?

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Do they have somebody directing people where to park once entering the lot?

They did, but once you got past the people taking money it opened right up. Paying was clearly the bottleneck, although I'm unsure why.

Because we'd been in line for so long, we started counting and it seemed to be taking about 60-90 seconds per car.

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is going to be one of those wait and see answers.

Two things are true. Elam having his best camp ever. Bills have no proven successful outside WRs on the roster.

Except for the fact that our same WRs have burned Benford and Douglas in camp who have faced proven separators and Elam has still shined vs the same guys.

Elam is more of a physical man coverage DB who will draw a few flags and he has been asked to learn how to play zone and use better angles and leverage.

Just takes some time, but I agree that he has a nose for the ball and needs to see more reps.

29 minutes ago, yall said:

They did, but once you got past the people taking money it opened right up. Paying was clearly the bottleneck, although I'm unsure why.

Because we'd been in line for so long, we started counting and it seemed to be taking about 60-90 seconds per car.

Credit cards.  Driver has to dig it out of their wallet, not realizing they had to pay for parking for a practice.  Then the attendant has to run it and wait for confirmation.  Cash would be easier, just need to make change and go.  

Just now, Just Jack said:

Credit cards.  Driver has to dig it out of their wallet, not realizing they had to pay for parking for a practice.  Then the attendant has to run it and wait for confirmation.  Cash would be easier, just need to make change and go.  

Could be. I had my card ready and it was relatively quick. I also had a five spot ready to go but it was evident they weren't talking cash.