Training Camp Thursday 8/1

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Don't remember specifically but I double checked when I said it and here's an article talking about it.

https://heavy.com/sports/nfl/buffalo-bills/dawson-knox-kicker-tyler-bass-new-kickoff-rules/

Thanks for the link. That’s insane, I was skeptical of the new kick off rules but maybe it’s going to really interesting lots of new strategies.

16 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Don't remember specifically but I double checked when I said it and here's an article talking about it.

https://heavy.com/sports/nfl/buffalo-bills/dawson-knox-kicker-tyler-bass-new-kickoff-rules/

Semi-related - at practice I was at earlier this week one of the ST periods seemed to be more about just trying different types of kicks - there were some Bass was trying to skip it on the ground just past the 25 yd line - will be interesting to see what becomes popular

Edited by stevewin

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I kind of think Banged Up Bills may be more realistic:

Trimble is usually not shy about looking at a play and predicting what the injury actually is, so if he says "could be anything" it's probable it....could be anything

Be Tall and Catch the Ball. WR motto for 24/25

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Just remember Kenny Pickett looked like an All-Pro last preseason.  The team lights it up against Arizona in Week 1, then we’re talking.

I think Allen is much more established than Pickett where a good camp isn't a fluke for Allen.  Allen has always had good camps but this one, he seems like he in a groove.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I can remember heated discussions here, back in the days of Jauron, Gailey, and Marrone, that we couldn't possibly cut fringe player X because he'd be snapped up in an instant.....Joique Bell anyone?   

Good point, Beck. But Joique Bell might be more exception than the rule. After the Bills released him, I recall he had a pretty decent 3-4 year run in Detroit, both rushing and receiving out of the backfield. The dude really had an eye for the end zone. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Flat out exciting to hear this.  If we're going to see a BETTER Josh Allen this season, well it is hard to understand what that will look like.  80% completion percentage?  

70%+, 40+ passing TD's with <10 Ints.

• Like (+1) 2