Training Camp Thursday 8/1

7 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Do we keep 4?  03 presonnel with Knox, Kincaid, Morris, Samuel, Coleman could run power or spread.  insane.

Interesting question.  The Bills in recent years have kept 3, with Reggie Gilliam as the fullback/emergency TE/ST ace.

With all the losses in key ST personnel and all the running Brady seems to want, I didn't see that changing, but Morris may need to raise his game.

Could we keep 4 TE and 5 WR?

Barring a monster preseason, it seems like we’d be able to get some combination, if not all, of Shavers, Claypool, Hamler onto the PS. 

Shavers being the guy who could get claimed given his age, ST’s ability and potential. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Could we keep 4 TE and 5 WR?

Barring a monster preseason, it seems like we’d be able to get some combination, if not all, of Shavers, Claypool, Hamler onto the PS. 

Shavers being the guy who could get claimed given his age, ST’s ability and potential. 

Imo, if the coaches think Shavers is not just a TC stud, it will be MVS who is kicked to the curb 

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I love that we have a bunch of absolute giants competing for receiver spots. Hollins, Shavers, Shorter…all monsters 

I've always loved the bigger, taller receivers. I've been wanting something like this for a long time. Something I thought of yesterday is, I believe it'll be a bit of a relief for Allen. He won't have to always thread perfect passes into tight windows like was necessary with smaller receivers. He'll have options to just chuck it to guys and let them go up and win the 1 on 1s. I wouldn't be surprised if Allen pushed for this making it a point of emphasis in the offseason. 

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I've always loved the bigger, taller receivers. I've been wanting something like this for a long time. Something I thought of yesterday is, I believe it'll be a bit of a relief for Allen. He won't have to always thread perfect passes into tight windows like was necessary with smaller receivers. He'll have options to just chuck it to guys and let them go up and win the 1 on 1s. I wouldn't be surprised if Allen pushed for this making it a point of emphasis in the offseason. 

It would be nice for once to have tall receivers that actually fight for a 50/50 ball also.  Looking at you Gabe.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It reads a little different when you learn the penalty it was called back for was OPI.

Hopefully that's something they can coach Coleman up about how to be subtle about it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

No wrap and no brace!!!!!!

At the end of that you can see how more short/stocky Solomon is (esp compared to other DE) which surprised me when I saw him for the first time at camp - thought with the long arms he would be more taller/lanky

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m glad/relieved they’re working on ball security with the WRs. I’ve noticed too often that Coleman is a bit lackadaisical in quickly securing the ball into his arm. NFL coverage is way more difficult at this level than even Div I college and he’ll have DBs not giving up of separating him from the ball after it appears he caught it.

jmo.

36 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

We could offer up Shorter as trade bait too

He ain't going to get much, if anything, in return. He has no track record to be valuable 

And I will stop here cos I shouldn't have started this discussion in a TC update thread 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

I'm excited about this team. I think they can be great

Yeah I have to say that the camp reports of highly effective offense -- and specifically Josh Allen looking the best he's ever looked in camp -- have me more optimistic than I've been all offseason.

If 2020 Josh is back, the ceiling for this team is a Lombardi trophy. When THAT Josh is playing, it's hard to beat the Bills.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

He ain't going to get much, if anything, in return. He has no track record to be valuable 

Agreed. Shorter has no value. Neither does Shavers. If they can't make our active roster, why would another team claim them for their active roster? They've shown absolutely nothing in real games.

Both would easily make our practice squad, imo.