Training Camp Thursday 8/1

10 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

When asked specifically about Dorian, just talked generally about all the LBs.

Seems like Bobby and Sean have a little something against Dorian.

I personally love seeing that guy flying around the field putting his body on the line.

Maybe he's too reckless or undisciplined or something? But, coach him up then.

We'll very likely need him throughout the season in different capacities.

As per Joe Marino,  Dorian has the natural abilities to go sideline to sideline.  However, when going downhill, he does not have the right mindset and often is taking wrong angles or is in the wrong position to bring runners down.  

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Strange how the Bills coaches, who watch every snap, seem to think he's taking the right angle, making the tackles, and making the hits.  

The major miscue that gives Bills fans PTSD about him was the 2022 Vikings game where he allowed Justin Jefferson to make a 32 yd catch on 4th and 18, starting a series of miscues that led to an OT loss.  It appears that he WENT FOR THE BALL to try to intercept, when he should have been playing to knock it down.  

And we’ve seen Poyer, Hyde, and White all do the same thing to lose a game.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Brand J said:

The LB cut will be an interesting one, all these guys can play:

Milano

Bernard

Williams

Morrow

D Jones

Ulafoshio

Spector

I’ve got a soft spot for jones because I remember how incredible he once was for Atlanta so here’s hoping he’s back to that level for us

35 minutes ago, ganesh said:

As per Joe Marino,  Dorian has the natural abilities to go sideline to sideline.  However, when going downhill, he does not have the right mindset and often is taking wrong angles or is in the wrong position to bring runners down.  

I thought he said he was good going downhill, it’s when he has to go backwards where the problem is.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Brand J said:

The LB cut will be an interesting one, all these guys can play:

Milano

Bernard

Williams

Morrow

D Jones

Ulafoshio

Spector

I listen to Joe Marinos podcasts every day but I don't think I heard him mention Ulafoshio once during camp

Is he injured?

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Strange how the Bills coaches, who watch every snap, seem to think he's taking the right angle, making the tackles, and making the hits.  

The major miscue that gives Bills fans PTSD about him was the 2022 Vikings game where he allowed Justin Jefferson to make a 32 yd catch on 4th and 18, starting a series of miscues that led to an OT loss.  It appears that he WENT FOR THE BALL to try to intercept, when he should have been playing to knock it down.  

It’s why every management group at the combine during interviews ask the players “ would you rather be tough or smart?”

Hard to win with dumb players.

Joe Marino talking about practice today made a lot of noteworthy points including Shakir is looking great, Keon has a lot of "moments" and is winning "a whole lot more than he's not" in contested catches..

But this stood out especially for me:

"The Diggs piece of this conversation is so worthwhile to mention. Diggs is a great player. But you're lying to yourself if you don't feel a different vibe around this football team and a different freedom that they have to operate.... It feels like there's a heaviness lifted off of this offense."

I loved hearing that. I'm sure a few will remind me pre-season means nothing and we'll miss Diggs dearly when the real games start.

See 28:50 for my quoted piece.

p.s. listening more, a person behind Joe Marino in the stands had some heat-related issue and the fans called over the Bills training staff. After a while — with no one apparently saying anything to Terry or Josh — but the team owner and our franchise QB came over to the stands to check in on the fan and talk to him.

Goddamn I love this team.

Edited by Nephilim17
  • Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

p.s. listening more, a person behind Joe Marino in the stands had some heat-related issue and the fans called over the Bills training staff. After a while — with no one apparently saying anything to Terry or Josh — but the team owner and our franchise QB came over to the stands to check in on the fan and talk to him.

Which one of you pulled a Squints?

the sandlot squints GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

What helmet will Allen come out in tomorrow?

Still waiting for the Zubaz helmet

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Ya I think another play that makes some of us fans have a bad perception of him was the roughing the punter against Miami in that snow game in 2022.

I know it is separate from defence as it was a special teams play, but it was a bad error at a bad time

Truth, I had forgotten that.  Going for the ball instead of trying to knock it away is at least something DBs are coached to do in most circumstances.

Roughing the punter, Never Ever Ever

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Is Epenesa still getting 1st team reps, or is Smoot/Von?

They're mixing it up, sounds like

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It stuns me how Cam makes this team every year?

He makes the team every year because he's exactly the football equivalent of a Swiss Army Knife.  He plays ST. He can play nickel, safety, and CB.  He plays none of these roles at a starting level, but then, he's not a starter.  Show me a backup who plays consistently at a starter level and I'll show you a guy starting on another team. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

He makes the team every year because he's exactly the football equivalent of a Swiss Army Knife.  He plays ST. He can play nickel, safety, and CB.  He plays none of these roles at a starting level, but then, he's not a starter.  Show me a backup who plays consistently at a starter level and I'll show you a guy starting on another team. 

Exactly.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

How's Keon Coleman been so far during training camp (not just today but overall) ? 

I was briefly listening to WGR and they made a brief comment about him running the wrong route and not necessarily on the same page as allen.  Just curious

justin-timberlake-stare.gif

• Haha (+1) 1