A reminder why you should mind your own damn business

TBBills Fan

36 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

BS! Safety?  One can always hide behind 'safety.'

It's about 'revenue'.... Law enforcement knows it, why they are the main culprits in this video. 

Technically most states have laws that anything that covers, even protectors are illegal.

Also... 4x4s with wheels sticking out passed the fender... Everything is getting over-looker. E-bikes going 35mph... Down the street the wrong way... lol

AND those vendors are in other states!

Illinois contracts out to companies I'm Arizona! 😆 🤣 

Yup! I read an article a few years ago that some entities in Florida were trying to get Red Light cameras removed. They said there was no clear evidence that they helped curb collisions from Red Light runners; which was the reason they were initially installed. 

But I have a solution; it's a Squid Game solution. If someone runs a red light, light the car up with machine gun fire. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Have you noticed turnpikes are putting cameras across their whole systems now? Probably to monitor speeds AND catch scofflaws before leaving the system.

In my 30+ years of having an EZ-Pass, I have never received an automated speeding ticket from their system, though it would be easy enough to implement.  

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

In my 30+ years of having an EZ-Pass, I have never received an automated speeding ticket from their system, though it would be easy enough to implement.  

Yup same here.

But have you noticed they are scattering camera bridges all over?

Doing it in PA and Ohio too like NYS.

I wonder why? Is it to catch people who may enter toll road and not get recorded.  Say a vehicle hid their tag upon entering system, would that give toll authority time to dispatch a cop and check plates?  Or is the scattered cameras for other tracking purposes.

I had a teacher in HS that said in old days, if one drove too fast through say Ohio or Indiana, they would issue a ticket when upon leaving.   Hard to beat a v=d/t rap... Except to stop for a cup of coffee or fill up the tank at an in system rest area.😆

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

But have you noticed they are scattering camera bridges all over?

It's because there are some entry/exits that do not have them.  I thought it was strange they would not place them at the entry/exits that already have booths, which meant there was already power/communication there, instead of building them on the highways between exits, which meant they had to get power and communication run out there.  Maybe it was just easier to build them elsewhere, since toll booth areas might cover 3-5 lanes, where the gantry only needs to cover 2 lanes. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

E-bikes going 35mph... Down the street the wrong way... lol

.....along with the E-scooters, particularly in busy stop and go city/urban area's squeezing through vehichles on tight streets.

With the entitled right of way look with ear buds on……

giphy.gif

Edited by US Egg
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

Disagree they speed cameras are for safety only.   Local jurisdiction had presentation on speed cameras by vendor and their primary pitch was revenue generation and told they  told jurisdiction officials in meeting that they guaranteed the jurisdiction  would recover costs of cameras if they placed them where their analysts determined most revenues would be generated.  Often these cameras are on places where speed limit rapidly lower on hills forcing people to hit breaks hard and during wet weather you can hydroplane.   It was an open meeting and some caught it on cell phone. Jurisdiction never mentioned speed camera revenue say speed cameras were "revenue neutral' but by that they meant it would cost no money not mentioning hat they would would be making money from fees including those for appealing tickets..

A few years ago they put speed cameras in school zones in our neighboring county.  It was a big money-maker but the program was short-lived once the county officials realized they had no shot at getting re-elected unless they cancelled the program.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/31/2024 at 9:46 PM, TBBills Fan said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/secret-apprehends-individual-security-incident-223521216.html

This guy, an "activist" who is part of a group that takes it upon themselves to remove license plate obstruction devices on vehicles caught some karma lol

This genius, in his richeous wisdom saw a few SUVs with these obstruction devises and spring into action to save the world. 

Little did he know they were secret service detail SUVs carrying a VIP.  

He is now eating cold noodles and a barely edible plain bologna sandwich in jail

Mind your business when it comes to stupid ***** people.  

From the article:

Heymann, reportedly a member of an activist group in New York City that combats devices that obscure license plates from toll and traffic cameras, was attempting to remove an illegal license plate cover from two Secret Service vehicles, per transit newspaper Streetsblog. He was reportedly unaware that the cars belonged to the Secret Service.

“On Tuesday afternoon, an individual approached two United States Secret Service vehicles parked in lower Manhattan and, without provocation, caused damage to the rear license plate area of both,” USSS spokesperson James Byrne said in a statement, per

Lol the guy messed up big.  He screwed around with th Secret Service…..the world’s most diligent, observant and organized team of…….oh, wait.

• Haha (+1) 2

We had red light cameras in Rochester.  They yanked them all when the City said that they were disproportionately impacting the poor and people of color.  

Edited by Irv
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/1/2024 at 11:16 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Lol the guy messed up big.  He screwed around with th Secret Service…..the world’s most diligent, observant and organized team of…….oh, wait.

I see what you did here!😆🤣

2 hours ago, Irv said:

We had red light cameras in Rochester.  They yanked them all when the City said that they were disproportionately impacting the poor and people of color.  

Traffic enforcement is a tax.

On the poor. The rich don't drive themselves.  LoL...

22 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I see what you did here!😆🤣

Traffic enforcement is a tax.

On the poor. The rich don't drive themselves.  LoL...

Me too. He tried to turn this into the PPP forum. I wasn't falling for his clever ruse

• Like (+1) 1

I recall seeing an article about red light cameras in either Dallas or Houston. Was planned to be a revenue generator. Well didn't happen as yellow lights were 3 seconds long. They then cut the yellow light to half that at 1.5 seconds. Rear end and orher accidents then soared as yellow now meant bury the brakes