A reminder why you should mind your own damn business

TBBills Fan

https://www.yahoo.com/news/secret-apprehends-individual-security-incident-223521216.html

This guy, an "activist" who is part of a group that takes it upon themselves to remove license plate obstruction devices on vehicles caught some karma lol

This genius, in his richeous wisdom saw a few SUVs with these obstruction devises and spring into action to save the world. 

Little did he know they were secret service detail SUVs carrying a VIP.  

He is now eating cold noodles and a barely edible plain bologna sandwich in jail

Mind your business when it comes to stupid ***** people.  

From the article:

Heymann, reportedly a member of an activist group in New York City that combats devices that obscure license plates from toll and traffic cameras, was attempting to remove an illegal license plate cover from two Secret Service vehicles, per transit newspaper Streetsblog. He was reportedly unaware that the cars belonged to the Secret Service.

“On Tuesday afternoon, an individual approached two United States Secret Service vehicles parked in lower Manhattan and, without provocation, caused damage to the rear license plate area of both,” USSS spokesperson James Byrne said in a statement, per

Edited by TBBills Fan

I have an anecdotal story which at the time i thought Oh My gosh

we have the typical neighborhood gossip and busybody. Her son was in my cub scout troop. She is a character and a half . VERY NOSEY

anyway she was in a parking lot here (Nowhere near a DMV) and she sees a guy switching license plates. lol She says "what are you doing that for" he's llke "mind your own business" GF takes out her phone and begins snapping pics. 

The guy LUCKILY didn't attack her. He just exited quickly.

Lady then went to the Police and yes the guy was subsequenty arrested and she had to testify at his trial. 

• Shocked 2

55 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Didn't realize this was a thing

Me either.  

It amazes me how someone will put so much time and effort into something that does not impact them at all

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

I've seen videos of these people on TikTok, usually it's just bending a plate back into shape, or removing tape someone put over a number or letter on the plate itself.  

The worst are the "auditors". I refuse to give them views. 

42 minutes ago, muppy said:

I have an anecdotal story which at the time i thought Oh My gosh

we have the typical neighborhood gossip and busybody. Her son was in my cub scout troop. She is a character and a half . VERY NOSEY

anyway she was in a parking lot here (Nowhere near a DMV) and she sees a guy switching license plates. lol She says "what are you doing that for" he's llke "mind your own business" GF takes out her phone and begins snapping pics. 

The guy LUCKILY didn't attack her. He just exited quickly.

Lady then went to the Police and yes the guy was subsequenty arrested and she had to testify at his trial. 

I can't stand people like her.  She must be miserable 

1 hour ago, Steve O said:

Didn't realize this was a thing

I got it bookmarked somewhere... You'd be surprised how many don't even have vehicle registered.  They just put other plates/tags on vehicles.   I was reading one article out of Texas.  Some dude was driving around for years and never got caught.

Why should people have to register a vehicle or pay tolls? 😆🤣

Happens more than you think..

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Years ago... When Massachusetts switched to front AND rear plates (1993)... My BiL said that people were putting the old plates from the pre-"Spirit of America" 1978-1993 design on the back of other their vehicles.  That's in affluent MA!

😏 

MA rules (from Wiki):

"All plates since 1978 are currently valid. Prior to 1993, only rear plates were required; since the first "Spirit of America" plate was issued in 1986, front and rear plates have been required since. As such, the 1978-1993 issues continue to only require the rear plate, while the "Spirit of America" issues since 1986 require front and rear plates."

Go figure... MA was the first state to issue plates. 😆 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:
12 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Years ago... When Massachusetts switched to front AND rear plates (1993)... My BiL said that people were putting the old plates from the pre-"Spirit of America" 1978-1993 design on the back of other their vehicles.  That's in affluent MA!

😏

MA rules (from Wiki):

"All plates since 1978 are currently valid. Prior to 1993, only rear plates were required; since the first "Spirit of America" plate was issued in 1986, front and rear plates have been required since. As such, the 1978-1993 issues continue to only require the rear plate, while the "Spirit of America" issues since 1986 require front and rear plates."

Mass holes!

Yup!

"Spirit of America" my azzz! 😆 

I take that back. Gaming the system is the "Spirit of America!"

Here's a good stealth plate for "car shows" of course!😉

Uses industry whiteboard vanish tech when you hit a button.  Here's a guide... BUT for "CAR SHOWS ONLY!" 😆 

https://nerdtechy.com/best-hidden-license-plate-frame

Then there's the flippers and curtains:

https://platevanish.com

Have you noticed turnpikes are putting cameras across their whole systems now? Probably to monitor speeds AND catch scofflaws before leaving the system.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Agree 1

Disagree they speed cameras are for safety only.   Local jurisdiction had presentation on speed cameras by vendor and their primary pitch was revenue generation and told they  told jurisdiction officials in meeting that they guaranteed the jurisdiction  would recover costs of cameras if they placed them where their analysts determined most revenues would be generated.  Often these cameras are on places where speed limit rapidly lower on hills forcing people to hit breaks hard and during wet weather you can hydroplane.   It was an open meeting and some caught it on cell phone. Jurisdiction never mentioned speed camera revenue say speed cameras were "revenue neutral' but by that they meant it would cost no money not mentioning hat they would would be making money from fees including those for appealing tickets..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Tinted plate covers dark enough to obscure from toll and camera detection are increasing. Amazon won’t deliver them to N.Y.

Like so many other things now looked the other way on with driving regulations, this to will mostly be ignored.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

Not the same guy as the article, but the same methods....

BS! Safety?  One can always hide behind 'safety.'

It's about 'revenue'.... Law enforcement knows it, why they are the main culprits in this video. 

6 minutes ago, US Egg said:

Tinted plate covers dark enough to obscure from toll and camera detection are increasing. Amazon won’t deliver them to N.Y.

Like so many other things now looked the other way on with driving regulations, this to will mostly be ignored.

Technically most states have laws that anything that covers, even protectors are illegal.

Also... 4x4s with wheels sticking out passed the fender... Everything is getting over-looker. E-bikes going 35mph... Down the street the wrong way... lol

11 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

Disagree they speed cameras are for safety only.   Local jurisdiction had presentation on speed cameras by vendor and their primary pitch was revenue generation and told they  told jurisdiction officials in meeting that they guaranteed the jurisdiction  would recover costs of cameras if they placed them where their analysts determined most revenues would be generated.  Often these cameras are on places where speed limit rapidly lower on hills forcing people to hit breaks hard and during wet weather you can hydroplane.   It was an open meeting and some caught it on cell phone. Jurisdiction never mentioned speed camera revenue say speed cameras were "revenue neutral' but by that they meant it would cost no money not mentioning hat they would would be making money from fees including those for appealing tickets..

AND those vendors are in other states!

Illinois contracts out to companies I'm Arizona! 😆 🤣 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

AND those vendors are in other states!

Illinois contracts out to companies I'm Arizona! 😆 🤣 

NJ used to contract welfare services to China (lowest bid) until this was exposed and then they found way in invalidate contract and signed someone who promised they would hire local unemployed people.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1

Illinois... The amount is $100. If you miss payment it's $200 limit capped. Gotta get 5 unpaid before license is suspended.  It's a ordinance violation.  Goes against the registered owner. Wife got one almost 10 years ago, I got mailer AFTER court date.  It was in Illinois. They withheld $200 from state tax refund 3 years later.

If it's outta state... Forget about it contest it via mail and have them respond in 30 days or throw the violation out. Just keep a paper trail.

Oh...They can't add court fees onto red-light cams, etc... in Illinois. At least Illinois put some consumer protection in place when they standardized the traffic cam laws in 2011.

3 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

NJ used to contract welfare services to China (lowest bid) until this was exposed and then they found way in invalidate contract and signed someone who promised they would hire local unemployed people.

JC! How bad is that!!!

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yup!

"Spirit of America" my azzz! 😆 

I take that back. Gaming the system is the "Spirit of America!"

Here's a good stealth plate for "car shows" of course!😉

Uses industry whiteboard vanish tech when you hit a button.  Here's a guide... BUT for "CAR SHOWS ONLY!" 😆 

https://nerdtechy.com/best-hidden-license-plate-frame

Then there's the flippers and curtains:

https://platevanish.com

Have you noticed turnpikes are putting cameras across their whole systems now? Probably to monitor speeds AND catch scofflaws before leaving the system.

Give it 10 years and the camera will be flagging bad, no plates, no insurance etc and notifying police real time that are posted to pull people over.  They want that cash

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TBBills Fan said:

Give it 10 years and the camera will be flagging bad, no plates, no insurance etc and notifying police real time that are posted to pull people over.  They want that cash

YET... By my work... We take our life in our hands everyday turning left outta work... Ford employees blow the red-light up the road.  Actually, we need a camera there!

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

YET... By my work... We take our life in our hands everyday turning left outta work... Ford employees blow the red-light up the road.  Actually, we need a camera there!

Easy solution.  Buy nails, go to the Ford location and distribute the nails.  

• Haha (+1) 1