Nicotine Pouches?

I know…I know…I’m an idiot.  Nicotine is really, really bad for you.  I coached a junior A indoor lacrosse team up in Ottawa for a few weeks this summer.  One of the other coaches was popping those ZYN pouches.  I tried one finally, freaking loved it, and just started buying them after that.

I’ve been going on a month, and I still only do 3-4 3mg pouches per day.  I’ve heard of other people who constantly need to have 2 6mg pouches in their mouth all day long.  I’m thinking I’ll probably quit soon. 

Anyone else get down with some ZYNies?  If so, anyone quit and experience the withdrawal?  I’ve read that it’s pretty crappy.

I like zyn a lot. Don’t smoke at all. 

it’s safe as hell. just straight nicotine through the gums. The worry is addiction ofc. however there is no risk of cancer or hypertension that u get with smoking. love the buzz it gives u and is also a good laxative haha. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I like zyn a lot. Don’t smoke at all. 

it’s safe as hell. just straight nicotine through the gums. The worry is addiction ofc. however there is no risk of cancer or hypertension that u get with smoking. love the buzz it gives u and is also a good laxative haha. 

Really?  I’ve read that it restricts the blood vessels.  Causes elevated blood pressure.  

What’s your top 3?  Mine are Spearmint, Wintergreen and Citrus.  😂 

41 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Really?  I’ve read that it restricts the blood vessels.  Causes elevated blood pressure.  

What’s your top 3?  Mine are Spearmint, Wintergreen and Citrus.  😂 

In Cali I can only get classic, smooth, and one other flavorless one. Newsom went crazy and banned the flavors sadly. 

With regards to long term side effects, not enough research has been conducted. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I know…I know…I’m an idiot.  Nicotine is really, really bad for you.  I coached a junior A indoor lacrosse team up in Ottawa for a few weeks this summer.  One of the other coaches was popping those ZYN pouches.  I tried one finally, freaking loved it, and just started buying them after that.

I’ve been going on a month, and I still only do 3-4 3mg pouches per day.  I’ve heard of other people who constantly need to have 2 6mg pouches in their mouth all day long.  I’m thinking I’ll probably quit soon. 

Anyone else get down with some ZYNies?  If so, anyone quit and experience the withdrawal?  I’ve read that it’s pretty crappy.

Have been using Skoal/Grizzly wintergreen since high school. I can’t stop now (40 years later). Ugh

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Have been using Skoal/Grizzly wintergreen since high school. I can’t stop now (40 years later). Ugh

I used to crush some Skoal back in my late high school - college days.  

4 minutes ago, US Egg said:

Jr. A lacrosse? Guessing that is some really good lacrosse. Is it a scouted league?

Yes.  Top semi pro box in Canada.  Juniors is 17-21.  Some of our players (more from our senior team) have been drafted into the NLL.  

What’s your favorite ZYN flavor?

59 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yes.  Top semi pro box in Canada.  Juniors is 17-21.  Some of our players (more from our senior team) have been drafted into the NLL.  

What’s your favorite ZYN flavor?

Strawberry Yuzu

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

A coworker (about my age, a few years younger actually) is on these things... All I gotta say is he's a live wire... lol

To me it’s like having a strong cup of coffee.  I’ve never been a regular smoker, but there are times in my life where I would keep a pack of Marlboros in the cabinet and it would last me 6 months.  I haven’t had a cigarette in almost 5 years.  I definitely used to enjoy chewing tobacco (Skoal), but haven’t done that in over 20 years.  This seems to be a fairly safe alternative to both, but I still don’t think it’s good for my body.

• Like (+1) 1

Try the Lucy’s. Can only get em through the mail but a much better taste. Also can get some much stronger than zyns. 

have some buddies who have gotten some euro stuff which are like 50mg and they put you on a different planet lol

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Try the Lucy’s. Can only get em through the mail but a much better taste. Also can get some much stronger than zyns. 

have some buddies who have gotten some euro stuff which are like 50mg and they put you on a different planet lol

JFC man!  My heart would implode.  I’ll look into Lucy’s though.  Although I think delivery of nicotine pouches to VT is currently not allowed, as I have tried to order from other websites (at half the cost of buying tins from the gas station).

8 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

JFC man!  My heart would implode.  I’ll look into Lucy’s though.  Although I think delivery of nicotine pouches to VT is currently not allowed, as I have tried to order from other websites (at half the cost of buying tins from the gas station).

Lucy’s are by far best on the gums as well. I tried the ons and they irritated my gums. Zyns aren’t bad. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/31/2024 at 7:03 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Where I work, a lot of the employees use ZYN pouches.

I still have a difficult time grasping why someone who does not smoke - or use any kind of tobacco/nicotine product - would want to begin ingesting nicotine. 

I’ve asked an no one seems to have a good answer. 

I recently (just over two months) quit smoking and used the patch as part of my quitting process. 

One week with 21mg patches, followed by one week with 14mg patches, culminating with one week of 7mg patches. 

Then - nicotine-free. 

I’ve been a pack/day smoker for 32 of the last 35 years. I quit for 3 years once. 

Nicotine is one of the most addictive substances out there. 

It’s not easy to kick. 

I will NEVER judge those addicted to nicotine, whether it’s due to smoking, vaping or ZYN. 

But since you seem pretty early in the game, all I will do is express hope that you wean yourself starting as soon as possible and don’t let that substance control you … because it will if you let it. 

Be well, Hammersticks!

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I recently (just over two months) quit smoking and used the patch as part of my quitting process. 

One week with 21mg patches, followed by one week with 14mg patches, culminating with one week of 7mg patches. 

Then - nicotine-free. 

I’ve been a pack/day smoker for 32 of the last 35 years. I quit for 3 years once. 

When I got Lyme recently and didn't smoke for a few days I decided to take advantage of that window and quit.

I've been a cigarette/cigar smoker for 40+ years and have never quit before. I'm now on Day 13 of being nicotine free for the first time since I was 14 yrs old.

I didn't use any patches or gum or anything and honestly it's been a little "easier" than I thought it would be. The one thing that is putting the fear in me though is what is going to happen the next time I'm sitting outside at camp having some cocktails with friends. That is when I tend to chain smoke cigars.

Any tips on how to deal with that?

• Awesome! (+1) 1