Joe Milton outshining Drake Maye at New England Patriots TC (SI)

I was hoping the Bills would draft Milton. Felt like of all the QB's in the draft, Miltons game most closely resembled Josh Allen. Perhaps not this year, but down the road, I felt Milton could be the perfect Allen back-up for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/31/2024 at 3:53 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Way too early…I mean Nathan Peterman was chosen to start over Allen in camp.  

Eh…

This had nothing to do with performance. And Peterman wasn’t a rookie.

These are both rookies. Much different.

2 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Eh…

This had nothing to do with performance. And Peterman wasn’t a rookie.

These are both rookies. Much different.

Milton's also 24 to Maye's 21.

Milton's spent 6 seasons at the NCAA level and his best season was very average, much like Travis Jordan's, who was a 5th rounder.  

Even the other reporters have been pretty iffy on Maye's performance so far, but should be noted that most of what Volin writes is just to troll Patriots fans. For whatever reason, that's turned into his shtick over the years.

Seems like the other reports on the Pats has mostly been that Maye has been underwhelming and Milton better than expected, but Maye has still been better. It's more just that Milton being able to complete a few passes is better than what was expected of him lol and the Pats are running much simpler stuff for Milton vs. really testing the limits of what Maye can do right now.

56 minutes ago, Beast said:

At least the Patriots are smart enough to draft 2 QB’s in one draft when you don’t have a starter worth beans.

But will they still be smart when they both bust?

I hope neither works out, I've got that much residual hate built up towards that team.

But Maye was never going to be good the first year. Clearly needed a ton of development. He's going to take a lot of time if he ever becomes anything.

• Like (+1) 1