Joe Milton outshining Drake Maye at New England Patriots TC (SI)

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

A few days ago I saw patriots people raving about Maye. Then hating Maye. Now ready to move on from Maye.

lol. I don’t miss those days as a Bills fan. Welcome to QB purgatory Pats fans.

It’s going to be so difficult for them to replace *pro bowler* Macorkle Jones. May the pats go 7-10 for the foreseeable future, and may 4 of those wins be against the dolphins and jets each season.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Milton was always a swing for the fences. If someone can tame him and control him he could hit big. 

Yeah- was hoping he’d end up in the nfc-  but of course, he lands in our division 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It is. And I am not saying Milton will start. But I just don't think the Peterman - Allen analogy works here. The Bills were adament Josh wasn't in a competition.... but to the extent he was he won it hands down

Ok but the analogy was the least important part of my comment… point was it’s early. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It is. And I am not saying Milton will start. But I just don't think the Peterman - Allen analogy works here. The Bills were adament Josh wasn't in a competition.... but to the extent he was he won it hands down

Hands down? Man I don't remember it like that. Oozing with potential, yes. But as I recall Peterman had a consistently productive training camp and preseason. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

Ho ho ho.  It's not like the Pats going with a 6th rounder as their QB1 has ever hurt us before.... 🙄

Seriously. How soon we forget.

They were talking about this yesterday on local radio.

Apparently, Milton has considerably less reps over three practices with the same amount of Ints and other foibles. Non story, other than Maye will take time just like it was assumed he would.

But, do I hope he ultimately fails in NE? Absolutely 😈

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He didn't outplay Allen in camp though. Allen was the best QB in that camp as a rookie. They just didn't want to start him week 1. They tried the Peterman thing just to avoid that. It was never working. 

Yeah they were hoping AJ McCarron would be able to hold down the job for a few weeks. Peterman only got a shot because he seemed to be improved and McCarron was so bad. Josh wasn’t quite ready yet, but Peterman forced their hand with how awful he was against Baltimore 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Yeah they were hoping AJ McCarron would be able to hold down the job for a few weeks. Peterman only got a shot because he seemed to be improved and McCarron was so bad. Josh wasn’t quite ready yet, but Peterman forced their hand with how awful he was against Baltimore 

Josh wasn't ready so they didn't want to put him out there, but he was still noticeably the best of the 3.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

Ho ho ho.  It's not like the Pats going with a 6th rounder as their QB1 has ever hurt us before.... 🙄

there is too much irony and truth to this statement. Makes me wanna hurl tbh

lol I mean if there is even  smidgens of chance this milton could eventually be THAT good I just can't go there LOL omg no

Edited by muppy
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, H2o said:

He can throw a football 60 yards on one knee. An absolute cannon. His decision making and inconsistent accuracy were his problems. Not everyone is Josh Allen though. But if he can get the mental aspects down and refine his throwing motion, look out. 

so could Kyle Boler (70 yards).

Milton was an awful QB last year.  Look out?  The guy was a college QB for 6 years.  5300 yards, 37 TDs.

27 minutes ago, muppy said:

there is too much irony and truth to this statement. Makes me wanna hurl tbh

lol I mean if there is even  smidgens of chance this milton could eventually be THAT good I just can't go there LOL omg no

Don’t worry about it until there’s reason to worry.  And there isn’t. 

14 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

"I wrote after last Thursday’s practice that Milton is the “wow” quarterback at camp— the guy with the best size, best athleticism, and biggest arm. Now I’ll take it a step further: Milton outplayed Maye over the first six practices of camp. You can’t tell which player is the No. 3 overall pick (Maye) and which is the sixth-round flier (Milton)," Ben Volin wrote for the Boston Globe.

NFL veteran Jacoby Brissett is taking first team reps while Maye comes in at number two but is lacking the wow factor everyone is looking for, despite getting an immense amount of reps. Volin also noted that Maye was the only quarterback to not throw touchdown pass during the red zone period while Milton threw consecutive touchdowns on limited reps.”

https://www.si.com/college/tennessee/football/joe-milton-outshining-drake-maye-at-new-england-patriots-training-camp-01j44s6h1gw8

??????

10 hours ago, NickelCity said:

Hands down? Man I don't remember it like that. Oozing with potential, yes. But as I recall Peterman had a consistently productive training camp and preseason. 

McD kept Peterman away form the starters in preseason games because he had already decided he wouldn't start Josh week 1 and he didn't want everyone to see how bad Peterman is.   McClappy figured this out by halftime...