WEIRDOS/WEIRD

13 minutes ago, GMB 8888 said:

what was the joke though? Like jokes are supposed to be funny? You’re implying she’s trans and then called her a tranny…did I miss the punchline? Same with Dave…being mean isn’t funny, it’s lazy…

I have a feeling you are the first "serially offended" lefty that I've seen post here.  Maybe I'm wrong but this interaction is definitely trending that way.  The righties always say they're everywhere.

The joke.  Laura probably hates the trans community.  I'm confident saying that without looking it up.  Her obvious cosmetic procedures that make her look like the group she dislikes and to me is very humorous.   Yup, my statement implies trans people look different.  We can pretend that's not the case but there's this thing called reality.  It's ok to look different too!   

I didnt really have to explain that, did I?  Same with Dave.  You mean, the comedian largely thought of as one of the greatest comedians ever was lazy too?  I didn't think his trans stuff was his best but I agreed with a lot of what he said.  I didn't think it was mean either, though the serially offended I'm sure did!  Sometimes comedy is saying out loud things that many people are thinking.

Why would we treat a group differently?  They're completely above reproach?  I'm white i make fun of white people.  Pretty much constantly (myself included).  You wouldn't get offended by that would you?  It's ok to make jokes (funny or not).   I ask you, and you may ask the same of me, that you re-evaluate your behavior.  I think people that do what you just did make many on the right despise us (by us I mean the left I am very much a progressive).  

• Disagree 1

20 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The youth is the future and they will save us. 

Bullying is an important part of social development. All of these tiktok'ers need wedgies asap.

Edited by K D
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

“I forget who it was, but someone made the point that the Democratic ‘weird’ critique is basically a feminized aggression tactic writ large onto political strategy.

The argument was that men will argue you’re wrong, and women will argue you’re outside the group. This is amplified by social media and its effects, which reward verbal repartee and social signaling that are present in the novels of Jane Austen, but not in those of Cormac McCarthy. . . .

Enthusiasm for Tim Walz as a dad figure is certainly a psychological tell — not on him, but on those doing it.”

https://instapundit.com/668752/

I guess if I were going to ride that “weird” angle I wouldn’t have had an abortion-and-sterilization van at my convention.

• Eyeroll 1