WEIRDOS/WEIRD

1 minute ago, Tommy Callahan said:

you should see the DEM protest.

Definitely not any in those crowds.

They're protesting Dems and the Dems don't seem to be entertaining it very much. People have a right to protest, even if I don't like their methods or necessarily agree with what they're saying. It's just another wedge issue. Incidentally, why is MAGA so focused on Israel/Palestine? What happened to 'Merica First?

56 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

They're protesting Dems and the Dems don't seem to be entertaining it very much. People have a right to protest, even if I don't like their methods or necessarily agree with what they're saying. It's just another wedge issue. Incidentally, why is MAGA so focused on Israel/Palestine? What happened to 'Merica First?

Maybe because Israel is an ally and neither Ukraine nor Gaza are? 

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Doc said:

Maybe because Israel is an ally and neither Ukraine nor Gaza are? 

Israel is beating up on a third world country and is the aggressor. Russia is also the aggressor. I am generally in favor of, personally, US intervention in situations like these. With Israel being an ally and Palestine clearly not, it makes that situation complicated. It would help if the Israelis did not seem intent on genocide. In the situation with Ukraine, our aid is justified. Russia is our enemy.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Israel is beating up on a third world country and is the aggressor. Russia is also the aggressor. I am generally in favor of, personally, US intervention in situations like these. With Israel being an ally and Palestine clearly not, it makes that situation complicated. It would help if the Israelis did not seem intent on genocide. In the situation with Ukraine, our aid is justified. Russia is our enemy.

The only side intent on genocide is the one who continues to say "from the river to the sea" and launched an ill-advised 9/11-style attack.  So they get what they get.  I have no sympathy for them and neither should you, when they use their own people as human shields and hoard the money, food and aid for themselves and their own people still support and vote for them.

And yes, Russia is our enemy.  The justification for spending hundreds of billions (that will mostly be lost to grifters) was that Russia would then be emboldened to go after a NATO country if Ukraine fell.  When it's been clear from the first few months that Ukraine with minimal NATO backing was giving them all they could handle, much less what a NATO-backed country could do.  And in the meantime Ukraine loses hundreds of thousands of people, mostly young ones, and incurs hundreds of billions in damage which will need to be provided to rebuild.

• Like (+1) 1

Michelle stated the the presidency was a "black job".

I'm old enough to remember when Trump was getting slammed for saying illegals were taking "black jobs".

Weird.