League Wide Re-draft - Your Top 10 Picks?

20 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

A BEARS QB that hasn't played a down in the League yet makes list.

😆

The Bears haven't had a franchise QB since 1949. Is this list before OR after Chicago wrecks him?  I am assuming before!😏 

This kid is going to have a meteoric crash.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'd say it would be:

1. Mahomes

2. Stroud

3. Allen

4. Lamar

5. Burrow

-I think Stroud with 3 more years on his rookie contract would be picked before Allen even though Allen is better (I also personally think Stroud is a bit over-rated but that's how I think it would turn out)

6. Micah Parsons

7. Puka Nacua

8.  Justin Herbert

9. Jalen Hurts

10. Jordan Love

11. Jefferson or Lamb

Rookie contracts are important. Paying Nacua 1 million a year is more valuable than paying Jefferson 35.

And Caleb Williams would probably be closer to 10 than 20

1 hour ago, mannc said:

I wouldn't either, but apparently he's highly regarded by GMs around the league.

He also has to have the best supporting cast I can remember for a rookie QB... if he isn't at least "OK" his rookie year, he'll never be good, IMO. 

1 hour ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Bunch of Wuss Cakes, I'm taking Allen #1!

Agreed! Allen is as good or better in most categories. That's not homerism; it's objective fact. Plus, Allen doesn't sound like Kermit the Frog. 

4 hours ago, Sestak4ever said:

Might put Justin Jefferson and Christian McCaffery on there, not just quarterbacks.

Joey Bosa & TJ Watt too!

Defense still has a say in championships. 

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

A BEARS QB that hasn't played a down in the League yet makes list.

😆

The Bears haven't had a franchise QB since 1949. Is this list before OR after Chicago wrecks him?  I am assuming before!😏 

Jim McMahon was outstanding when he was on the field, but it wasn't too often.

5 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

1. Mahomes

2. Allen

3. Burrow

4. Justin Herbert CJ Stroud

5. CJ Stroud Lamar Jackson

6. Lamar Jackson Justin Herbert

7. Jordan Love

8. Caleb Williams

9. Myles Garrett Tua

10. TJ Watt Lawrence

Meh...Tua wouldn't even be in the top 30 for me. Simply too limited.

17 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yeah, he's getting overhyped just like Trevor Lawrence.  

Worse. And the kid is going to be much worse.  I'm sitting back with popcorn for when he and his dad alienate his teammates 

7 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

This is a little twist on the Top 100 List that is being revealed.  If the league started over and all current players went into the draft pool, who would you predict as the top 10 picks?  Would a non QB sniff the top 10?

1. Mahomes

2. Allen

3. Burrow

4. Justin Herbert

5. CJ Stroud

6. Lamar Jackson

7. Jordan Love

8. Caleb Williams

9. Myles Garrett

10. TJ Watt

I’d see it like this:

1.) Allen

2.) Mahomes

3.) Burrow

4.) Herbert

5.) Prescott 

6.) Lamar

7.) Love

8.) Tagovailoa

9.) Stroud

10.) Hurts

39 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

NOT a franchise QB.

Bears have never had a = >30td QB in a season.

That's amazing!!

But If McMahon ever stayed healthy, the Bears might win more than just the one SB. 

9 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

This is a little twist on the Top 100 List that is being revealed.  If the league started over and all current players went into the draft pool, who would you predict as the top 10 picks?  Would a non QB sniff the top 10?

1. Mahomes

2. Allen

3. Burrow

4. Justin Herbert

5. CJ Stroud

6. Lamar Jackson

7. Jordan Love

8. Caleb Williams

9. Myles Garrett

10. TJ Watt

Watt clearly has greatness and I’d say he is both the scariest and best pass rushing DE or LB in the league easily….

Having said that, how many games has he missed in his career? Seems like an awful lot to me….

He also plays on a pretty good defense as well. Heyward is also a great player. Not as valuable as Watt but he is a great DT and has been for many years and I don’t think he misses games a lot…. It is a huge deal to have another great DL to work with….

If Cornelius Bennett was a great pass rusher, we definitely would have won multiple SBs…

How about this?

Paup - Hansen - Washington - Bruce….. Four Super Bowl Wins, imho… No, I’m not a huge Hansen fan and I think he ruined the wall, but he WAS a Competent 3-4 end whose job was to clog lanes and stop the run. But a hundred Hansons do not equal one Bruce….

But Hansen would be fine with those three impact players…. If I were to make a best Bills’ D ever….It would be a 4-3 which is kind of anti-Bills historically but I think the best way to build our All-time best….

Paup - Washington - Kyle - Bruce

…..Cornelius* - Shane Conlan ** - Lucius Sanford ***

N. Odomes - Micah - Jordan - Mario Clark

* - The Biscuit would play a position he’d be the best at in the whole NFL maybe even today as well.

** - Shane Conlan is undisputed hardest hitting Bill defender ever and a great LB when on the field. This spot could be manned by Shane Nelson or Sam Cowart as well. Cowart was such a great draft LB briefly for the Bills (like all 3 really, too brief!)

*** - I can’t even recall who was the best on that team, Isaiah Robertson was very good as well. I recall Lucius being the meaner one though…More of a pass rusher. I think if I was making a modern team, I’d choose Milano here for his all around game, quickness and speed but bisquit could play now and dominate. For a modern D I’d also go with Cowart for his athleticism as well….Maybe in a few years it will be Bernard? Let’s hope so…

The Bills have had a lot of very good corners so it is hard to pick corners. Maybe Tony Green who was before my time. Antoine Winfield may be my favorite all-time, it is such a shame we lost him.

That DL could play and completely dominate playing just about any style…. Washington, imho, is the best run stopper of all-time and could do so much more. He absolutely commanded a double. Kyle and Bryce would be blocked one on one and would often get to the QB in under two seconds. Bruce’s accomplishments would skyrocket with a D like that. It is such a shame for most of his career offenses could all the attention they wanted to Bruce with nearly no ramifications…. Bruce had one year with one good partner and that was Paup (and Bruce was no longer at his peak then, though pretty good).

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

But If McMahon ever stayed healthy, the Bears might win more than just the one SB. 

He wasn't even healthy the year of the SB. They didn't need him.  Maybe if they had a franchise QB they would have won more... But the D was a fluke. Teams too slow to figure out the Eagle D Actually Miami did, but New England fluked into SB.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Are people really saying Caleb Williams? That is very surprising to me. I don't think he would sniff the top 10. He hasn't even played a down in the NFL. Better prospects than him have busted.