Now would be a good time to move Douglas to Safety

Elam playing lights out. Ingram having a great camp. Tons of reports this UDFA Lovely looks like he belongs. It looks like Hardy is making plays in the secondary and may be locking up the KR position.

Douglas is a beast with natural instincts in the secondary. Seems he'd make a great FS. With safeties going down like flies and our depth CBs--particularly the former 1st rounded-- playing really well, why wouldn't we do this?

...unless Hyde has already agreed to rejoin the team when camp is over.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 10
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

The desire of some Bills fans to move good players from premium positions to less premium positions never ceases to amaze me.

Let's call it the "Move Cordy Glenn to Guard" Effect. 

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 8
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I am not moving our best corner because an UDFA and a 1st round bust are having good camps according to the media.  

1 minute ago, Logic said:

The desire of some Bills fans to move good players from premium positions to less premium positions never ceases to amaze me.

I once saw a post from a guy years ago to move Kyle Williams to MLB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

This. They see one person move to a different position and have success and think that can happen for everyone. 

I'll let Vic Fangio answer this question as I think he may know something about defense..

"You say you've seen that a lot over the years," he said. "The truth is: No, you haven't. The list of guys successfully transitioning from corner to safety is very small -- with success. … We'll see if he can do that." ~ Fangio talking about James Bradberry transitioning from corner to safety.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This. They see one person move to a different position and have success and think that can happen for everyone. 

But more than that, it's the idea of moving a good player from a high value position like corner or left tackle to a lower value position like safety or guard.

After QB, the next most important positions in football are arguably OT, DE, and CB. Safety and guard are considerably further down the list. So if you have a very good corner, why move him to safety? If you have a very good tackle, why move him to guard?

Moving an aging corner to safety or an aging tackle to guard sometimes makes sense. See Troy Vincent or Rod Woodson. Rasul Douglas is 29 and was the Bills' best corner last year. Moving him does not make sense.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I am not moving our best corner because an UDFA and a 1st round bust are having good camps according to the media.  

I once saw a post from a guy years ago to move Kyle Williams to MLB.

Was this back when we had Spencer Johnson playing LB??

• Haha (+1) 1

Respectfully, no.

I'm usually not against that idea. Hell, I was even thinking that with Tre White's contract Beane might want to try moving him over.

But right now Douglas is CB1. And he's been doing well as CB1. Why are we messing with what works?

If anything, I'd roll Elam over. That might hide some of his grabbies.

Of course the Easy Button is Justin Simmons.

7 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Was this back when we had Spencer Johnson playing LB??

OH MY GOD I HAD BLOCKED THAT OUT OF MY MEMORY.

I can't believe that really happened. Good God.

• Haha (+1) 1