Bill Belichick‘s new show

syhuang

People just love to work and be in the media spotlight I suppose. At his age….with his money…. I’d buy a beach house and rarely leave u less I went on vacation 

1 hour ago, syhuang said:

breaking down film as if he were coaching the team? That would be an interesting watch and learning opportunity for fans.

I am 100% going to have to track this down and watch it.

Dunno if anyone else caught them, but a local TV channel had Belicheck on before each game, breaking down plays on the "Belestrator"

It was good stuff and always worth watching.

Here's an example of Belestrator breaking down Jets film last season

He's mostly breaking down the game with the Bills in that one, so there's Bills interest

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

People just love to work and be in the media spotlight I suppose. At his age….with his money…. I’d buy a beach house and rarely leave u less I went on vacation 

I think deep in his veins, Bill Belichick just loves football and loves to talk about football.

I think that's the reason why ex-QB like Kurt Warner and JT O'Sullivan still put out videos breaking down film

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Dunno if anyone else caught them, but a local TV channel had Belicheck on before each game, breaking down plays on the "Belestrator"

He's mostly breaking down the game with the Bills in that one, so there's Bills interest

I think deep in his veins, Bill Belichick just loves football and loves to talk about football.

I think that's the reason why ex-QB like Kurt Warner and JT O'Sullivan still put out videos breaking down film

I think he still wants to coach. He is not that far off from catching Shula for most wins by a head coach.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

For sure-  

I also think JT needs some $

He’s been breaking down film since he was nine years old and his father coached at the Naval academy so it’s only natural he’d be doing it now. It’s in his blood and I bet this new venture will prove to be the best of its kind. There’s never been anyone better at it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

For sure-  

I also think JT needs some $

Really?  O'Sullivan was kind of the Nathan Peterman of his time, as best I can tell - "Catnip for Coaches", the Whiteboard/Film Room wizard whose brain wrote checks his arm couldn't cash on Sunday.

He managed something like 8 seasons in the league, plus a couple more on practice squads, NFL Europe, etc.

Even at lower salaries, he must have gone home with a few million dollars which I'm sure got invested decently, being a PhD.  And didn't he work as a coach somewhere before starting his Jordan Palmer-like QB School digital coaching platform?

Doubt he needs to be making Youtube videos for fans.

Edited by Beck Water

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Really?  O'Sullivan was kind of the Nathan Peterman of his time, as best I can tell - "Catnip for Coaches", the Whiteboard/Film Room wizard whose brain wrote checks his arm couldn't cash on Sunday.

He managed something like 8 seasons in the league, plus a couple more on practice squads, NFL Europe, etc.

Even at lower salaries, he must have gone home with a few million dollars which I'm sure got invested smartly.  And didn't he work as a coach somewhere before starting his Jordan Palmer-like QB School digital coaching platform?

Doubt he needs to be making Youtube videos for fans.

Sure he’s made some good cash-  I’m also sure he’d like more.  

I agree that they love football and that’s a big reason that they do it.  I’m all sure that many ex professional athletes also do it for money. 

46 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Could be interesting, as long as it’s not surrounded by nonsense commentary from the peanut gallery of talking heads, 

their talking heads are excellent honestly 

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Just a hunch but if the Cowboys have another disappointing season, then I think there is a good chance he is coaching the Cowboys in 2025. McCarthy is coaching this year without a contract for 2025. Jerry was not happy with their blowout playoff loss last year. McCarthy is definitely on the hot seat. As for this show it should be interesting listening to Bill break down film as he has a great football mind.

If Jerry still wants to be GM and run the draft, it seems unlikely that Belicheat would take the job.

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

If Jerry still wants to be GM and run the draft, it seems unlikely that Belicheat would take the job.

I can't see any team hiring Bill if he insists on being the GM. That is what led to his downfall in NE. He is close to Shula with the all-time wins by a HC. The Cowboys have talent so Bill would do well there as long as understands he would be just the HC.

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

I bet he does a good job with it since he is not coaching this year. With his press conferences as the Pats coach, you would think the media was asking him about a secret classified op with the way he answered them.

yea, but if he has any desire to come back it does him no favors to go beyond super high level feedback or to remain mostly positive. 

if he’s totally done in the nfl, it could be a lot more interesting 

56 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

their talking heads are excellent honestly 

Good to hear, 👍

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

This actually sounds awesome.  As much as I hate all the losses he handed us, I can't think of anyone I'd rather watch break down film.  

100% agree here... I would love to see how he operates... I hope its truly authentic and he gets into the real nitty gritty. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

I can't see any team hiring Bill if he insists on being the GM. That is what led to his downfall in NE. He is close to Shula with the all-time wins by a HC. The Cowboys have talent so Bill would do well there as long as understands he would be just the HC.

I don't think he understands that, which is why he's doing vlogs or whatever now. There will be plenty of opportunities if he really wants to just coach.

9 hours ago, syhuang said:

breaking down film as if he were coaching the team? That would be an interesting watch and learning opportunity for fans.

He did something similar on the Patriots website each week where he broke down a selected play.  He’s actually very good at this, though he was very rigid and serious.

I’m sure the is new show will allow him to be a little more relaxed

9 hours ago, syhuang said:

It is a appropriate to him to be on.  It is a Fantasy that he could not have won all of those Superbowls without cheating.