Bill Belichick‘s new show

syhuang

• syhuang changed the title to Bill Belichick‘s new show
3 minutes ago, syhuang said:

breaking down film as if he were coaching the team? That would be an interesting watch and learning opportunity for fans.

This actually sounds awesome.  As much as I hate all the losses he handed us, I can't think of anyone I'd rather watch break down film.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 5

Just a hunch but if the Cowboys have another disappointing season, then I think there is a good chance he is coaching the Cowboys in 2025. McCarthy is coaching this year without a contract for 2025. Jerry was not happy with their blowout playoff loss last year. McCarthy is definitely on the hot seat. As for this show it should be interesting listening to Bill break down film as he has a great football mind.

Edited by Gregg
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Every few shows should be a call in show from fans, asking inane questions.

Fan: "Coach, why wouldn't you try a triple reverse, ending in a quick kick?"

Belichick: "Mergle.  Murfle.  Frapdoodle." 🤬

“Alright, Bill, the next caller is Chuck from Lackawanna, New York…”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I have to agree

I can't think of a less engaging on-camera person than Bill Belichick.

Not to mention, nobody sees the irony of having him break down film for the public? Will he use the all-22 or will he bring his own? "This here is how you record the hand signals of the opponent the week before you play them." or the classic "This is how you break down an opposing team's closed practice before the Super Bowl"

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I can't think of a less engaging on-camera person than Bill Belichick.

Bingo!  We've all seen and heard his press conferences. And while he's obviously not going to divulge information in the pressers, his delivery is soggy. A pet rock has more personality. I'll pass.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

This actually sounds awesome.  As much as I hate all the losses he handed us, I can't think of anyone I'd rather watch break down film.  

yea the only question will be how real he’s willing to get with it. On the surface, great concept though,

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

yea the only question will be how real he’s willing to get with it. On the surface, great concept though,

I bet he does a good job with it since he is not coaching this year. With his press conferences as the Pats coach, you would think the media was asking him about a secret classified op with the way he answered them.

Edited by Gregg

1 hour ago, syhuang said:

breaking down film as if he were coaching the team? That would be an interesting watch and learning opportunity for fans.

Could be interesting, as long as it’s not surrounded by nonsense commentary from the peanut gallery of talking heads, 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

Bingo!  We've all seen and heard his press conferences. And while he's obviously not going to divulge information in the pressers, his delivery is soggy. A pet rock has more personality. I'll pass.

I actually appreciate his dry personality.  I can't imagine he's much fun at parties but I like the way he responds to stupid questions from reporters with emotionless two-word responses.  

And then every now and then, someone will ask a question about something like special teams, for example, and he'll give a 10 minute master class on its history.  And while the tone is still lifeless, the time and detail he devotes to the answer suggest the underlying passion.  

Anyway, if I want to learn about breaking down film, I don't want the guys who think yelling and silly jokes make for good football commentary.  I want a real expert.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

Belichick breaking down film: "And that's how you win games in your coaching career without Tom Brady.....oh, wait a minute"

getting great QB's is a crap shoot. 

I will argue that Belichick did great for the garbage fed to him over the past couple years. Hes a great Coach and a bad GM.  He had to much Skin in the game when it came to getting players in on that team. 

I will Enjoy watching that show. 

Edited by PrimeTime101