Bills signing S Terrell Burgess

The Wiz

I feel like every single position group on this team has gone heavy Arrow Up since the start of training camp, except Safety... which is now legitimately concerning. 

• Agree 4

Good speed (4.46), was drafted in the 3rd round (2020). Has started 4/43 games and is already on his 4th team. The health at the safety position is officially a worry.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I feel like every single position group on this team has gone heavy Arrow Up since the start of training camp, except Safety... which is now legitimately concerning. 

Well the good news is, we haven't heard much about Rapp (good or bad) and Hamlin has sounded like he's been having a good camp so at the very least, they probably are just signing for depth during camp while Edwards and Bishop get healthy.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Brand J said:

Good speed (4.46), was drafted in the 3rd round (2020). Has started 4/43 games and is already on his 4th team. The health at the safety position is officially a worry.

I mean, it's a worry, but the truth is that Rapp was always going to be one starter, and the other was to be a battle between Edwards, Hamlin, and Bishop. Hamlin's still available, and it sounds like he's been doing well, so my sense is that these latest signings are to make sure we have sufficient depth at the start of the season, allowing Bishop the time he needs to recover and catch up on the position.

They need guys to play the preseason games and get through practice who are competent enough to not completely screw up and ruin the practices.

I hope this doesn't mean the bishop injury is a big one.

22 minutes ago, benderbender said:

News Yes GIF by G'day it's Jono Reyes

At the very least it makes you assume Bishop and Edward’s injuries are worse than let on

They said week to week for Edwards, so that means it is pretty significant.

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

I mean, it's a worry, but the truth is that Rapp was always going to be one starter, and the other was to be a battle between Edwards, Hamlin, and Bishop. Hamlin's still available, and it sounds like he's been doing well, so my sense is that these latest signings are to make sure we have sufficient depth at the start of the season, allowing Bishop the time he needs to recover and catch up on the position.

Has there been any news on the specifics of Bishop's arm injury?  

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

They said week to week for Edwards, so that means it is pretty significant.

Even a mild hammy can take 2-4 weeks to recover.  According to this article, there was an MRI study of sprinter's hamstrings 6 weeks post-injury which showed that even when the athlete perceived the hammy as healed, 20-55% were not fully healed.   Apparently 16% of NFL players with hammys rush their return and re-injure themselves - not good.  

It's an older article, 2015, but well written and worth a look IMO

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Eh, I feel like McDermott could grab a reasonably athletic person out of the crowd and they would be serviceable

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Has there been any news on the specifics of Bishop's arm injury?  

Even a mild hammy can take 2-4 weeks to recover.  According to this article, there was an MRI study of sprinter's hamstrings 6 weeks post-injury which showed that even when the athlete perceived the hammy as healed, 20-55% were not fully healed.   Apparently 16% of NFL players with hammys rush their return and re-injure themselves - not good.  

It's an older article, 2015, but well written and worth a look IMO

If there is one good thing about the Bills staff, they rarely rush injury returns. Bernard basically sat out all of camp then started week one. 

47 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

We were blessed with Poyer and Hyde all these years.

Almost wishing we would've kept Poyer at this point.

Poyer was borderline awful last year.  He may have communicated well but he became a liability physically.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1