Pic from Hard Knocks: Decode the Giants 2024 Draft Board

2 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

So, they had Odunze as a blue but took Naibers?

Daboll was completely sold on Nabers after talking to Nick Saban.  That was on the second to last episode, I think. 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I found it interesting -- though tragic -- that now-deceased Vikings rookie Khyree Jackson is listed as a character concern. 

yet by all accounts, this kid persevered with his dream to the point where he was drafted by the Vikes.

Giants brain trust at work...

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

yet by all accounts, this kid persevered with his dream to the point where he was drafted by the Vikes.

I mean yeah, that's true...

...but he also perished in a high speed automobile accident in which alcohol was suspected, before he was even able to take a single snap. 

Not to cast aspersions, but the manner of his death suggests that perhaps the character concern designation was not entirely unfounded.

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

I mean yeah, that's true...

...but he also perished in a high speed automobile accident in which alcohol was suspected, before he was even able to take a single snap. 

Not to cast aspersions, but the manner of his death suggests that perhaps the character concern designation was not entirely unfounded.

He was a passenger in a car that was hit by another car driven by a guy who was drinking.  Why is that a character concern for him?

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why is it a knock on the Giants that they listed a player as a character concern who happened to pass away?

Seems to align quite a bit with how we viewed guys like Bishop/Carter.. Would you be upset with Beane for listing him as a character concern?

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He was a passenger in a car that was hit by another car driven by a guy who was drinking.  Why is that a character concern for him?

Ah, I read the report wrong. I thought Jackson was the one in the car that was speeding and in which alcohol use was suspected, rather than being in the car which was struck by a speeding and possibly impaired person.

My mistake. I take back what I said.

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Why is it a knock on the Giants that they listed a player as a character concern who happened to pass away?

Seems to align quite a bit with how we viewed guys like Bishop/Carter.. Would you be upset with Beane for listing him as a character concern?

what was concerning about his character?

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

You seem to have me confused for an NFL scout

Neither am I, but i can read pretty good.  If you had even a cursory familiarity with the reaction to his death, you wouldn't have confusedly posted what you did:

“I am absolutely crushed by this news. Khyree brought a contagious energy to our facility and our team. His confidence and engaging personality immediately drew his teammates to him. In our short time together, it was evident Khyree was going to develop into a tremendous professional football player, but what was more impressive was his desire to become the best person he could be for his family and those around him. I am at a loss for words. My heart goes out to Khyree’s family, friends, teammates and coaches.” – Head Coach Kevin O’Connell

“I am heartbroken by the loss of Khyree. As we got to know him throughout the pre-draft process, it was clear the goals Khyree wanted to accomplish both professionally and personally. His story was one of resilience. He was taking steps to become the best version of himself not just for him, but for those who cared about and looked up to him. Khyree’s personality captured every room he was in. I’m devastated that his life and everything he had in front of him has been cut short. My thoughts are with Khyree’s family and friends, those who played with and coached him in college, and his teammates and coaches here at the Vikings.” – General Manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah

No character issues noted.  In fact, by all accounts, this kid was a long shot that willed his way into the 4th round.  Daboll and the gang saw all that as "character issues".

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Neither am I, but i can read pretty good.  If you had even a cursory familiarity with the reaction to his death, you wouldn't have confusedly posted what you did:

“I am absolutely crushed by this news. Khyree brought a contagious energy to our facility and our team. His confidence and engaging personality immediately drew his teammates to him. In our short time together, it was evident Khyree was going to develop into a tremendous professional football player, but what was more impressive was his desire to become the best person he could be for his family and those around him. I am at a loss for words. My heart goes out to Khyree’s family, friends, teammates and coaches.” – Head Coach Kevin O’Connell

“I am heartbroken by the loss of Khyree. As we got to know him throughout the pre-draft process, it was clear the goals Khyree wanted to accomplish both professionally and personally. His story was one of resilience. He was taking steps to become the best version of himself not just for him, but for those who cared about and looked up to him. Khyree’s personality captured every room he was in. I’m devastated that his life and everything he had in front of him has been cut short. My thoughts are with Khyree’s family and friends, those who played with and coached him in college, and his teammates and coaches here at the Vikings.” – General Manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah

No character issues noted.  In fact, by all accounts, this kid was a long shot that willed his way into the 4th round.  Daboll and the gang saw all that as "character issues".

Ok man.. I don't care enough to debate this random topic with you.  Nobody is going to trash someone who just passed away like that.  

We have no idea why they listed character concerns for him, but just because he passed away doesn't reflect positively or negatively on the Giants e v a l process.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Being color blind sucks a lot of the time

I can't tell what is purple: looks blue to me.  The worst thing you can do visually to me is put red lettering on a black background-I can't see a damn thing.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I can't tell what is purple: looks blue to me.  The worst thing you can do visually to me is put red lettering on a black background-I can't see a damn thing.  

I hate it.

Like people are mentioning colors that I don't even see there at all LOL

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Logic said:

I found it interesting -- though tragic -- that now-deceased Vikings rookie Khyree Jackson is listed as a character concern. 

We don't know that is what it means. The coding is speculation. I am persuaded on red and blue. Not persuaded on his guesses for pink, purple and grey. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

Ok man.. I don't care enough to debate this random topic with you.  Nobody is going to trash someone who just passed away like that.  

We have no idea why they listed character concerns for him, but just because he passed away doesn't reflect positively or negatively on the Giants e v a l process.

he had no character issues, so it reflects negatively on them,

that and resigning Daniel Jones, etc

• Eyeroll 1