Hamas leader killed in Tehran

I'm reading this was an airstrike? Pretty ballsy, but certainly warranted.

The question now is, will Iran's response be muted and just something to save face like last time this happened a few months ago?

Was it a drone strike? He's a bad dude sure but I don't agree with someone just walking around and then they get bombed out of nowhere. No wonder other countries hate us (yes likely our technology). He needs to be on trial and then sentenced.

18 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Was it a drone strike? He's a bad dude sure but I don't agree with someone just walking around and then they get bombed out of nowhere. No wonder other countries hate us (yes likely our technology). He needs to be on trial and then sentenced.

Yeah good luck with that. I'm sure he'll walk into an Interpol station and turn himself in to face justice.

This isn't a situation where "maybe" he's guilty of something. He's openly a leader of a terrorist organization.

1 minute ago, yall said:

Yeah good luck with that. I'm sure he'll walk into an Interpol station and turn himself in to face justice.

This isn't a situation where "maybe" he's guilty of something. He's openly a leader of a terrorist organization.

It's only a matter of time before they turn the drones on us. Would you like Trump having that kind of power? "Oh he's a Kamala supporter, he's guilty of something." They can make up the reasons after the fact. Plant some kiddie stuff on their computer or bomb parts at their house and nobody can say anything then. That's why we have trials so both sides are expressed and then a jury decides. I'm not for this, sorry. It's a slippery slope.

6 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's only a matter of time before they turn the drones on us. Would you like Trump having that kind of power? "Oh he's a Kamala supporter, he's guilty of something." They can make up the reasons after the fact. Plant some kiddie stuff on their computer or bomb parts at their house and nobody can say anything then. That's why we have trials so both sides are expressed and then a jury decides. I'm not for this, sorry. It's a slippery slope.

I understand the concern, but this guy wasn't worthy of a trial, he's a participant in a war he's declared.

1 minute ago, yall said:

I understand the concern, but this guy wasn't worthy of a trial, he's a participant in a war he's declared.

Well maybe this is a different situation then. But they definitely have assassinated people during peace times too just because they are pre determined to be bad guys. But that's a lot of power to have to already decide they are the bad guy. How do we keep that in check? It wouldn't take much for them to say Trump is a bad guy or other people in our own country.

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Well maybe this is a different situation then. But they definitely have assassinated people during peace times too just because they are pre determined to be bad guys. But that's a lot of power to have to already decide they are the bad guy. How do we keep that in check? It wouldn't take much for them to say Trump is a bad guy or other people in our own country.

So we shouldn't have killed bin laden? Because that's effectively what you're arguing for.

6 minutes ago, yall said:

So we shouldn't have killed bin laden? Because that's effectively what you're arguing for.

They could have taken him prisoner and brought him here for trial. Lots of weird stuff about him being funded by Saudi Arabia or even the US. They needed a face for the "bad guys" to allow them to wage war. But there was more that needed to be uncovered about all that. They killed him and dumped his body at sea. Weird!

Dead men tell no tales!

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

They could have taken him prisoner and brought him here for trial. Lots of weird stuff about him being funded by Saudi Arabia or even the US. They needed a face for the "bad guys" to allow them to wage war. But there was more that needed to be uncovered about all that. They killed him and dumped his body at sea. Weird!

Dead men tell no tales!

There was nothing weird about it. They didn't want the guy to be buried anywhere that would become a shrine for these fundamentalist nut jobs.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, yall said:

There was nothing weird about it. They didn't want the guy to be buried anywhere that would become a shrine for these fundamentalist nut jobs.

Agree 100%. Idiot Ivy League Democratic students would protest at his grave.  What a mess.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1