Bills have not lost by more than 6 points in last 40 games (NFL Record)

8 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Excellent stat though I take exception to "consistently dominant." That stat shows we are consistently very good and/or competitive. Dominating teams involves winning by a large margin or consistently beating the same team over and over. The Bills may be dominant with some teams but a) this stat doesn't show that and b) it doesn't apply to the entire league.

The Bills win by an average of almost 10 points a game, which INCLUDES their losses over the last 4 years.  Best in the NFL. Unsure how much more you are expecting to win by large margins.

They also lead the NFL in wins by 10+ points in that timeframe as well with 31.  In other words, they win by 10 or more points almost 48% of the time.

Exactly HOW is that not winning by a huge margin consistently? What have you been watching over the last 4 years?  Some bizarro NFL where the Bills don't dog walk teams half the time?

Before last season it was well over half the games as it only happened 5 out of 17 times last year.

image.thumb.png.25d8fe98aa1e243bf14128394d36cc24.png

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

*regular season. Bengald beat us by 17 in the playoffs. 

But it is why I throw that game out. The Bills for whatever reason never showed up that day. They looked flat. Josh looked like a zombie and I think they were done the moment the game started. 

They have 3 TD’s on opening drives in three separate games with zero incompletions. They have held the ball for just shy of 70 minutes across the two games that finished.  Burrow is 54 for 80, 590 yards, 4 TD. They led by 14 with under 4 minutes last year. Currently they own us. To write that off as Buffalo just now showing up is grossly inaccurate. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The Bills win by an average of almost 10 points a game, which INCLUDES their losses over the last 4 years.  Best in the NFL. Unsure how much more you are expecting to win by large margins.

They also lead the NFL in wins by 10+ points in that timeframe as well with 31.  In other words, they win by 10 or more points almost 48% of the time.

Exactly HOW is that not winning by a huge margin consistently? What have you been watching over the last 4 years?  Some bizarro NFL where the Bills don't dog walk teams half the time?

Before last season it was well over half the games as it only happened 5 out of 17 times last year.

image.thumb.png.25d8fe98aa1e243bf14128394d36cc24.png

My comment relates only to the first stat posted: 

Bills have not lost by more than 6 points in their past 40 games, which is now an NFL record and counting.

This single stat does not co-relate necessarily to being dominant. Other Bills stats may prove they are dominant. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

But it is why I throw that game out. The Bills for whatever reason never showed up that day. They looked flat. Josh looked like a zombie and I think they were done the moment the game started. 

You're being too kind. They were done the moment they looked listless and had trouble beating a Skylar Thompson led Dolphins team at home the week prior.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

They have 3 TD’s on opening drives in three separate games with zero incompletions. They have held the ball for just shy of 70 minutes across the two games that finished.  Burrow is 54 for 80, 590 yards, 4 TD. They led by 14 with under 4 minutes last year. Currently they own us. To write that off as Buffalo just now showing up is grossly inaccurate. 

But in the other two meetings the Bills have moved the ball too. In the Damar game we went right down the field too and Beasley dropped a ball in the endzone. Then last season that was a competititve game back and forth. Are the Bengals a touch match up for us? Yes. But was that game more about the Bills just not showing up? Yes.

3 hours ago, Rubes said:

...and seasons were over by November...

I'm pretty sure all the games they have played in December and January have been significant. What is significant about November?

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But in the other two meetings the Bills have moved the ball too. In the Damar game we went right down the field too and Beasley dropped a ball in the endzone. Then last season that was a competititve game back and forth. Are the Bengals a touch match up for us? Yes. But was that game more about the Bills just not showing up? Yes.

It's might have ended up being a one possession game but that was not a close contest last year. At no point were the Bengals in any danger of losing.

Add in the playoff game and the way the Damar Hamlin game started out, it's not a stretch to say that the Bengals are a worse opponent for the Bills than anyone else out there, including the Chiefs.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

6 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

It's might have ended up being a one possession game but that was not a close contest last year. At no point were the Bengals in any danger of losing.

Add in the playoff game and the way the Damar Hamlin game started out, it's not a stretch to say that the Bengals are a worse opponent for the Bills than anyone else out there, including the Chiefs.

Bengals had a 7 point or greater lead for nearly the entire 60 minutes. We answered the first drive, that was all the back and forth it was. I have no question the Bengals are the worst match up we have. They can play physical and run the ball. Then Burrow is very accurate and perfectly fine picking apart our zone. They hold the ball against us and wear us down. McD has no clue how to manage them. Burrow is something like 17 for 17 for 180 yards and 3 TD’s on opening drives. It reminds me of the Colts matchups a couple years ago. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Well, if his defense doesn’t find a way to do its job this time around in the postseason, McDermott knows he’ll be VERY close to losing his job.

Fans aren’t the one that gets to fire McDermott.  The guy who actually can determine his fate loves and admire him.  

Every Buffalo beat reporter will tell, sans a major catastrophe, McDermott is one the safest coaches in the league. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rubes said:

...and seasons were over by November...

Well at least the whiners did not need to get their flapping tongues frozen then.  Now they are in danger of having frostbite on them.

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

Fans aren’t the one that gets to fire McDermott.  The guy who actually can determine his fate loves and admire him.  

Every Buffalo beat reporter will tell, sans a major catastrophe, McDermott is one the safest coaches in the league. 

The bag:bag:heads will still wear them.  

35 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Bills caught some momentum late and were a Dalton Kincaid fumble in the red zone away from taking the lead.  Then they were a missed Von Miller tackle away, from getting the ball back for a chance to win late in the game.  

The Bills have struggled to stop Burrow/Chase/Higgins as most teams have, yet they have up surrendered 27 and 24 points.  

The offense has yet to score over 20 bs. Lou Anarumo’s defense 

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Let's Go Buffalo said:

That's an interesting stat. It's definitely a game of inches......and my nerves are usually shot by the end of these games. I think my heart rate turns into hummingbird heart beats per minute by games end. 

Good analogy!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, transient said:

You're being too kind. They were done the moment they looked listless and had trouble beating a Skylar Thompson led Dolphins team at home the week prior.

Yeah, same thing I said.

1 hour ago, Mikie2times said:

Bengals had a 7 point or greater lead for nearly the entire 60 minutes. We answered the first drive, that was all the back and forth it was. I have no question the Bengals are the worst match up we have. They can play physical and run the ball. Then Burrow is very accurate and perfectly fine picking apart our zone. They hold the ball against us and wear us down. McD has no clue how to manage them. Burrow is something like 17 for 17 for 180 yards and 3 TD’s on opening drives. It reminds me of the Colts matchups a couple years ago. 

As is said above, Kincaid doesn't fumble the Bills have a chance to win that game. I am not disputing that the Bengals are a bad matchup for us. But the playoff game was still an anomoly. Both can be true and both are true. The Bills never turned up for that game. In 44 games playoff and regular season it is the one time a team has beaten us out of sight. And it is because the Bills never played. They were flat from the kick off. The body language and the lack of energy from the players was noticeable. That game is not like the others. The Bengals may still have beaten us had we come out to play. But it was basically a walkover.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So many crazy and unfortunate situations resulted in exhaustion.

• Like (+1) 1

The number of people whining and trying to discount this amazing stat in this thread is insanity. Why don't you settle down and enjoy the friggin' ride? Jeez. Life is too precious and short to be so miserable. 

Edited by todd
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5