Bills have not lost by more than 6 points in last 40 games (NFL Record)

5 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

They have 3 TD’s on opening drives in three separate games with zero incompletions. They have held the ball for just shy of 70 minutes across the two games that finished.  Burrow is 54 for 80, 590 yards, 4 TD. They led by 14 with under 4 minutes last year. Currently they own us. To write that off as Buffalo just now showing up is grossly inaccurate. 

I’m not worried about a 2 game owning streak lol

Edited by julian
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

The Bills caught some momentum late and were a Dalton Kincaid fumble in the red zone away from taking the lead.  Then they were a missed Von Miller tackle away, from getting the ball back for a chance to win late in the game.  

The Bills have struggled to stop Burrow/Chase/Higgins as most teams have, yet they have up surrendered 27 and 24 points.  

The offense has yet to score over 20 bs. Lou Anarumo’s defense 

They were down by 11 when he fumbled.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

They were down by 11 when he fumbled.

My bad… I remembered it incorrectly.  But the Bills did start to get some momentum on offense and that fumble by Kincaid was huge.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Sweats said:

This stat would have gone way back further if not for the failed Peterman experiment

Oh goodness, that's a trigger, you put in print the name of the QB that Must Not be Named.

Edited by CSBill

4 hours ago, transient said:

You're being too kind. They were done the moment they looked listless and had trouble beating a Skylar Thompson led Dolphins team at home the week prior.

The team was far from listless against Miami.  Go back and watch the game.   Josh consistently put them in a bad position with turnovers and taking horrible sacks. 

The narrative that Skylar Thompson did anything to beat them is pure bunk.  He was 18/45 for 220 yards and a 44 rating.   Hill and Waddle were held in check.  There was 1 Miami TD drive of 75 yards.  The rest of their points came off Allen turnovers, including a fumble return for a TD.  

If you remember they were toasting Miami 17-3 and cruising before he got reckless.  

Not sure if it was related to Damar, personal situations or what but Josh’s playoff games in 2022 were uncharacteristically bad and nearly cost them the game against Miami. 

Edited by JohnNord
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

*regular season. Bengald beat us by 17 in the playoffs. 

But it is why I throw that game out. The Bills for whatever reason never showed up that day. They looked flat. Josh looked like a zombie and I think they were done the moment the game started. 

That 2022 season was incredibly exhausting for the Bills. Even before the Hamlin situation what that team went through was a slog. The team was also banged up on the defensive line beyond Von's ACL injury. They just were a 0% by the time that game rolled around. 

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

And another stat that should make Bills fans infuriated about not winning the SB.

All these stats about the Bills being so good, but there’s nothing to show for it.

Nothing to show for it?

In the last 7 years (under McDermott):

78-47 record (that's a lot of wins that we've got to enjoy)

4 AFC East titles

6 playoff appearances in 7 years

5 playoff wins

Over the last 5 years:

We have won more games than anyone except for the Chiefs

We have given up the fewest amount of points in the NFL

We've scored the 4th most points in that span

I know, you are probably saying, "that's exactly my point, look at those stats...and no Super Bowl?" But, I guarantee you, if McDermott were fired tomorrow and he brought his resume to other teams, not one of them would say his resume had nothing to show. They understand how tough it is to win it all.

I've said this before---some of you guys think a Super Bowl should be automatic with an elite QB. It's not.

-Drew Brees (future HOF, top 5 all-time QB): 1 Super Bowl appearance (win) in 20 years (with Sean Payton as his coach for most of his career)

-Peyton Manning (HOF, top 3 all-time QB): 2 Super Bowl appearances (1 win) in his first 13 years with Indy (HOF Tony Dungy coaching a good chunk)

-Dan Marino (HOF, top 10 all-time QB): 1 Super Bowl appearance (loss) in 17 years (with HOF Don Shula as his coach)

-Aaron Rodgers (future HOF, top 10 All-time QB): 1 Super Bowl appearance (win) in 19 seasons 

-Brett Favre (HOF, top 10-12 All-Time QB): 2 Super Bowl appearances (1 win) in 20 years (Mike Holmgren coaching for much of his career)

So, that is a total of 89 seasons from these top-10 All-Time QBs (who all had excellent to HOF coaching for most of their careers) and only 4 Super Bowl wins between them (7 Super Bowl appearances). So, that means there were 82 seasons (82 of 89) where these HOF QBs didn't make the Super Bowl (that's 92% of their careers that they didn't even make a Super Bowl appearance). Even if we add Peyton's time (and SBs) in Denver, it is 84 of 93 seasons not making a Super Bowl (or 90% of the time). Just because we have Josh doesn't make it automatic. Part of the problem for Peyton and Dan Marino, of course, were Brady/Pats and Kelly/Bills, respectively. Similar to Josh with Mahomes/Chiefs. Plus there is luck, injuries, salary caps, etc. to weigh in each season. 

And have you forgotten:

-New Year's Eve 2017/2018? The Bills breaking the drought made that one of the best New Year's Eves of my life.

-The perfect playoff game against our most hated team, the Pats...watching Hoodie throw his telephone

-Despite the loss, probably one of the greatest playoff games ever played (against the Chiefs 2021/2022)

-Owning the Dolphins in the regular season and playoffs

-Josh being developed by the Bills into a generational QB, despite the majority of the NFL, media, and fans saying he'd be a bust

-Josh's hurdles, Diggs being a top-3 receiver

-Kyle Williams' last game, scoring a TD

-Two no-name safeties turning into the best tandem in the league

-The Thanksgiving Day wins

-The whole Damar Hamlin situation and how the coaches and players handled that

Etc., Etc., Etc.

Did you really not enjoy or feel a part of any of that? What is the Buddhist saying, "It's about the journey, not the destination." Look, we all want the Bills to win a Super Bowl, but we should also be grateful for what we do have. I have had a blast watching the Bills over the last seven years, and I feel bad if not winning a SB has allowed some of you to have not enjoyed this time or to discount how much fun it has been. Which is too bad, because eras like this do not come around often. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

5 hours ago, MJS said:

I'm pretty sure all the games they have played in December and January have been significant. What is significant about November?

What?

3 hours ago, todd said:

The number of people whining and trying to discount this amazing stat in this thread is insanity. Why don't you settle down and enjoy the friggin' ride? Jeez. Life is too precious and short to be so miserable. 

Every freaking day it seems there is a new Stat record the Bills have set…. It isn’t being miserable to want it to count for something.

This is another Rah Rah feel good thread. You know what would feel good? Come on, you know you know.

Winning a Super Bowl with the best QB in football and the best Bills QB most of us will ever see. 
    Every year that doesn’t happen there will be more converts to the miserable viewpoint. 

1 hour ago, folz said:

Nothing to show for it?

4 AFC East titles

5 playoff wins

Over the last 5 years:

I know, you are probably saying, "that's exactly my point, look at those stats...and no Super Bowl?" But, I guarantee you, if McDermott were fired tomorrow and he brought his resume to other teams, not one of them would say his resume had nothing to show. They understand how tough it is to win it all.

I've said this before---some of you guys think a Super Bowl should be automatic with an elite QB. It's not.

-Drew Brees (future HOF, top 5 all-time QB): 1 Super Bowl appearance (win) in 20 years (with Sean Payton as his coach for most of his career)

-Peyton Manning (HOF, top 3 all-time QB): 2 Super Bowl appearances (1 win) in his first 13 years with Indy (HOF Tony Dungy coaching a good chunk)

-Dan Marino (HOF, top 10 all-time QB): 1 Super Bowl appearance (loss) in 17 years (with HOF Don Shula as his coach)

-Aaron Rodgers (future HOF, top 10 All-time QB): 1 Super Bowl appearance (win) in 19 seasons 

-Brett Favre (HOF, top 10-12 All-Time QB): 2 Super Bowl appearances (1 win) in 20 years (Mike Holmgren coaching for much of his career)

So, that is a total of 89 seasons from these top-10 All-Time QBs (who all had excellent to HOF coaching for most of their careers) and only 4 Super Bowl wins between them (7 Super Bowl appearances). So, that means there were 82 seasons (82 of 89) where these HOF QBs didn't make the Super Bowl (that's 92% of their careers that they didn't even make a Super Bowl appearance). Even if we add Peyton's time (and SBs) in Denver, it is 84 of 93 seasons not making a Super Bowl (or 90% of the time). Just because we have Josh doesn't make it automatic. Part of the problem for Peyton and Dan Marino, of course, were Brady/Pats and Kelly/Bills, respectively. Similar to Josh with Mahomes/Chiefs. Plus there is luck, injuries, salary caps, etc. to weigh in each season. 

And have you forgotten:

-New Year's Eve 2017/2018? The Bills breaking the drought made that one of the best New Year's Eves of my life.

-The perfect playoff game against our most hated team, the Pats...watching Hoodie throw his telephone

-Despite the loss, probably one of the greatest playoff games ever played (against the Chiefs 2021/2022)

-Josh being developed by the Bills into a generational QB, despite the majority of the NFL, media, and fans saying he'd be a bust

Etc., Etc., Etc.

Did you really not enjoy or feel a part of any of that? What is the Buddhist saying, "It's about the journey, not the destination." Look, we all want the Bills to win a Super Bowl, but we should also be grateful for what we do have. I have had a blast watching the Bills over the last seven years, and I feel bad if not winning a SB has allowed some of you to have not enjoyed this time or to discount how much fun it has been. Which is too bad, because eras like this do not come around often. 

Stephen Colbert Slow Clap GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Sweats said:

This stat would have gone way back further if not for the failed Peterman experiment

Peterman was long gone from this team when we lost to the Colts in 2021 by 26 points.  I still do blame him though.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, folz said:

Nothing to show for it?

4 AFC East titles

5 playoff wins

Over the last 5 years:

And have you forgotten:

Etc., Etc., Etc.

Who says I haven’t enjoyed the ride?

But we are all in it to win it. That’s the name of the game.

For all of he accomplishments of the Bills since 2017, all they have to show for it is one AFCCG (which they got destroyed in) appearance, is disappointing. FACT.

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Rubes said:

...and seasons were over by November...

November?  I remember when seasons were over at 0-2

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, MJS said:

You said the seasons were over by November.

During the drought, often they were. We yearned for meaningful games in December (much less January).

13 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Bills have not lost by more than 6 points in their past 40 games, which is now an NFL record and counting.  I just thought that was pretty impressive as I wouldn't have thought that. 

For as much flak as Allen and especially McD can get sometimes, they both win a lot of games and when they don't they are still right there in the game. 

But I didn't post this to debate the merits of Allen or McD (as I am sure this will trigger some McD people lol) or anything...when I saw it made me just appreciate more what a difference it is now compared to the dark years where games were often looking bleak or out of reach by halftime.  And I think some of that just gets lost in all the bickering and arguing over trivial things around here sometimes.  And it is yet another reason that despite a lot of changes on both sides of the ball, there is still reason for us to be the favorites in the East and room for optimism around here.  

#GOBILLS

I started this thread last year, and before that game it was another 20 something games .

So we lost by 6 or more 1 time in last 60 something games,  truly remarkable 

16 hours ago, MJS said:

I'm pretty sure all the games they have played in December and January have been significant. What is significant about November?

They were all ready out of contention, 2001 - 2015.

Edited by amprov56

17 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Bills have not lost by more than 6 points in their past 40 games, which is now an NFL record and counting.  I just thought that was pretty impressive as I wouldn't have thought that. 

For as much flak as Allen and especially McD can get sometimes, they both win a lot of games and when they don't they are still right there in the game. 

But I didn't post this to debate the merits of Allen or McD (as I am sure this will trigger some McD people lol) or anything...when I saw it made me just appreciate more what a difference it is now compared to the dark years where games were often looking bleak or out of reach by halftime.  And I think some of that just gets lost in all the bickering and arguing over trivial things around here sometimes.  And it is yet another reason that despite a lot of changes on both sides of the ball, there is still reason for us to be the favorites in the East and room for optimism around here.  

#GOBILLS

I would however like to know how you feel coaching applies to this scenario, if at all.