Bills sign safety Kareem Jackson

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

36 years old, not sure how much juice he has left. Obviously they must have concerns at the position.

Played last year with the texans, seems like a cheap way to try the new offense vs the Houston D scheme. 

53 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I was called crazy for this thought yesterday....be careful

So I appreciate you’re sticking to your guns-you had an opinion, you voiced it, I definitely didn’t agree with it, but that’s what these boards are for. For me, the crazy part from you is you already using the word bust because there’s a competition going on on the 5th day of camp. Why does this happen every year? (Not specifically saying you, but this happens EVERY YEAR) remember that Bernard was a “bust” by most people after his first year too, how’d that work out? 

Not being the starter on the 5th day of camp doesn’t make him a bust, give things a chance to play out 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Do they not have take Justin Simmons phone #?

45 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

You spelled Justin Simmons wrong

Seriously. How much freaking money is he asking? Does he think he's going to get term this late?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Hard to hit someone when they're running by you. They're terrible in coverage. 

Definitely not happy about our Safety situation. 

Why not offer Simmons a sweet 1 year "prove it" deal? Obviously he's not fielding any offers of top money multi year deals. 

Hyde has to be quietly on the back burner. 

I am thinking so... I think when camp begins to wrap up he may make a decision.... 

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

So I appreciate you’re sticking to your guns-you had an opinion, you voiced it, I definitely didn’t agree with it, but that’s what these boards are for. For me, the crazy part from you is you already using the word bust because there’s a competition going on on the 5th day of camp. Why does this happen every year? (Not specifically saying you, but this happens EVERY YEAR) remember that Bernard was a “bust” by most people after his first year too, how’d that work out? 

Not being the starter on the 5th day of camp doesn’t make him a bust, give things a chance to play out 

I agree I used the word "bust" a little liberally. I think I even said that yesterday I'd take that back. I wish I conveyed the pick itself (2nd round value) wasnt looking ideal, but I didnt.

I don't love where we're at with the position group though if we're signing 36 yr old vets in July - even just to be a camp body. It's concerning to me. I said yesterday that I'll try to be more patient and it's REALLY early, but it's something I'll be eying hard. I actually feel more comfortable with our WR group than our S right now.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s retired.

He says he is retired except for Bills.  Reminds me of when LB Lorenzo Alexander retired;  Player did not want to go thru process with another team but if Bills felt they could use him he would unretire.

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Dirty player, and the penalties/suspensions for it were no longer offset by performance as he hit his mid-30s. I'm hoping he doesn't make the cut.

If he is sighed to 53 I would rather it be post game 1 so salary is not guarenteed.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

36 years old, not sure how much juice he has left. Obviously they must have concerns at the position.

I think saying they have concerns is reading too much into it...this feels more like a temporary replacement while Edwards is out to have another body for camp and likely won't make the active 53 as the 4 S they will go into the season with are Bishop, Rapp, Edwards, and Hamlin most likely.  

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Hyde will stay in shape, and will sign mid-season, if it looks like we need him.  (my guess)

He said he needs the doctors okay as well but that he is working on and will be ready to go 

50 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I agree I used the word "bust" a little liberally. I think I even said that yesterday I'd take that back. I wish I conveyed the pick itself (2nd round value) wasnt looking ideal, but I didnt.

I don't love where we're at with the position group though if we're signing 36 yr old vets in July - even just to be a camp body. It's concerning to me. I said yesterday that I'll try to be more patient and it's REALLY early, but it's something I'll be eying hard. I actually feel more comfortable with our WR group than our S right now.

At least your acknowledging the extreme and inaccurate language you were using yesterday now, which is a start.  But now we have this signing...which has literally zero to do with Bishop or how they feel Bishop is progressing.  A safety got hurt at camp, so they signed one to have another camp body until Edwards gets back.  This literally happens every single year...injury in camp, if they are short on bodies they bring someone in for the interim.  He has a long road to make the roster over Rapp, Bishop, Edwards, and Hamlin unless one of them just bombs in camp or gets a more serious injury.

To assume or pretend this signing has anything to do with Bishop, his development, or progress is just completely inaccurate and would be an example of confirmation bias.  In fact, Bishop is getting snaps with the first unit because they like where he is at.  Other rookies, guys like Sedrick who a lot of people felt could mix into battling to start week 1 at C is still running mostly with the 3rd group.  They don't give rookies time with the 1's unless they feel they deserve and are ready for those reps because they are legitimately competing.  

So you gotta get off this narrative that Bishop is behind, a bust, or in danger of being one just because they have not decided the Safety battle a week into camp.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Not signing Justin Simmons to a Floyd like deal is becoming mystifying to me. DB might be the thinnest group on the roster and we are bringing in washouts. I can only imagine Simmons has an idea what he's worth that the Bills don't.

I think Simmons is gonna be forced into a 1-year prove it deal. 

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

At least your acknowledging the extreme and inaccurate language you were using yesterday now, which is a start.  But now we have this signing...which has literally zero to do with Bishop or how they feel Bishop is progressing.  A safety got hurt at camp, so they signed one to have another camp body until Edwards gets back.  This literally happens every single year...injury in camp, if they are short on bodies they bring someone in for the interim...unless it is a long term injury to a starter and they need to find a replacement, then they look for a bigger signing.

To assume or pretend this signing has anything to do with Bishop, his development, or progress is just completely inaccurate and would be an example of confirmation bias.  In fact, Bishop is getting snaps with the first unit because they like where he is at.  Other rookies, guys like Sedrick who a lot of people felt could mix into battling to start week 1 at C is still running mostly with the 3rd group.  They don't give rookies time with the 1's unless they feel they deserve and are ready for those reps because they are legitimately competing.  

So you gotta get off this narrative that Bishop is behind, a bust, or in danger of being one just because they have not decided the Safety battle a week into camp.  

I acknowledged that yesterday. My original comment here was about Jackson and the Safeties. This was a reply to someone that brought up Bishop. I will move on from the topic for now since It's causing issues with everyone here and derailing threads. Happy to PM any time.

Camp signing... If Edwards injury lands him on the PUP to start the year, I expect the bills to comb through other cuts around the league to add depth.  This just doesn't feel like a "solution", more like a body for now who is experienced enough to not need much coaching to get up to speed.  

The 1/2 battle opposite Rapp is the more important thing for the coaches so focusing on Hamlin and Bishop becomes all the more important. Adding an experienced player who can get in and up to speed quick allows coaching to worry about the guys who are vying for number one repals rather than a late camp add who is more on a try out for the PS come September.

I'll be more interested to see who shakes loose as a depth guy after cuts if Edwards won't be able to go to start the year.  To me this is a big old nothing burger... Rosters are too big for quality depth to be available, and they clearly don't want one of the higher priced "starters" who are out there.  This is a good load management signing for their rotation.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MR8 said:

Camp signing... If Edwards injury lands him on the PUP to start the year, I expect the bills to comb through other cuts around the league to add depth.  This just doesn't feel like a "solution", more like a body for now who is experienced enough to not need much coaching to get up to speed.  

The 1/2 battle opposite Rapp is the more important thing for the coaches so focusing on Hamlin and Bishop becomes all the more important. Adding an experienced player who can get in and up to speed quick allows coaching to worry about the guys who are vying for number one repals rather than a late camp add who is more on a try out for the PS come September.

I'll be more interested to see who shakes loose as a depth guy after cuts if Edwards won't be able to go to start the year.  To me this is a big old nothing burger... Rosters are too big for quality depth to be available, and they clearly don't want one of the higher priced "starters" who are out there.  This is a good load management signing for their rotation.

How can he go on PUP?