Training Camp 7/30

12 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

U do realize that a penalty in the endzone gives us 1st and goal at the one, not a one shot chance on fourth down?

That slip in Nashville happened right in front of me. He DID slip, it sucks but it happened. Prior to that he was almost 100% effective in converting on the sneak (like 13 out of 14?) and the only time he had failed was on a bobbled snap. 

I’d like another option beyond using Josh as a battering ram, but it’s a nice tool to have in the box. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

I know its only training camp but I've been very high on Ray Davis for a while now.   I think he's the most sure bet player in this draft for the Bills to be a meaningful contributor.   His quickness, agility, strength, catching ability and nose for the goal line are going to make him a solid player for this offense.   I wouldn't be surprised that at some point in the year that he gets as many snaps as Cook.  

I loved the pick as I had him as my 3rd best RB in the whole draft.  Love his game...however, saying he is the most sure bet to be a meaningful contributor from this class completely overlooks how impressive Keon has been and considering Keon is on a clear path to starting and playing more snaps.  Again, LOVE Davis, but Keon IMHO wil more likely be a bigger rookie contributor year 1 as Davis splits time with Cook.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, ganesh said:

May be they want to trade him for a 5th

…to the Giants.   

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Bishop back there now with Rapp And Kareem Jackson— two guys that will recklessly nail their own guy with friendly fire! I hope that’s not what happened. 

I hope if Rapp or Jackson take anyone out, it’s Rapp or Jackson.  That seems only fair. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Magox said:

I know its only training camp but I've been very high on Ray Davis for a while now.   I think he's the most sure bet player in this draft for the Bills to be a meaningful contributor.   His quickness, agility, strength, catching ability and nose for the goal line are going to make him a solid player for this offense.   I wouldn't be surprised that at some point in the year that he gets as many snaps as Cook.  

Davis reminds me of 2002 Travis Henry! 

• Like (+1) 7

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I loved the pick as I had him as my 3rd best RB in the whole draft.  Love his game...however, saying he is the most sure bet to be a meaningful contributor from this class completely overlooks how impressive Keon has been and considering Keon is on a clear path to starting and playing more snaps.  Again, LOVE Davis, but Keon IMHO wil more likely be a bigger rookie contributor year 1 as Davis splits time with Cook.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m very impressed with what Keon has done and looks as if it is very likely he will be a big contributor to this offense this year as a rookie.

Just that I think Ray Davis is a sure fire draft choice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I tend to think of Mack Hollins as this year's Jake Kumerow or Trent Sherfield - the #5 or #6 WR who is primarily there for ST but can hopefully play well enough to give the starter a breather or fill in for injury.  In terms of receiving chops, though, I don't ever remember Kumerow or Sherfield "going off" with the 1s like this.  Maybe I just don't remember

I don’t think he’s going to be used to give the starters a breather as much as he will be used in certain formations to perform roles.  Run blocking but also could be used in play action.  I believe Brady will try and mix up personnel looks so much so that our WRs won’t really need a rest.  Ideally they’ll get rest built into the playcalling and scheming.  

we have-
4 (maybe 5) solid options at WR possessing either very good speed and rac or top shelf size/strength/length/hands.  

1 elite option and 2 solid options at TE

3 RBs that can do it all 

The Mandolorian

use then all imo.  

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Davis reminds me of 2002 Travis Henry! 

I think that’s a good comp but I do think Ray Davis has better hands and short area burst than Henry.   Maybe not quite as physical but pretty close.

• Agree 1

Just now, Magox said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m very impressed with what Keon has done and looks as if it is very likely he will be a big contributor to this offense this year as a rookie.

Just that I think Ray Davis is a sure fire draft choice.

I want to see Keon in structure between the 20's.  

I think in the Red Zone and on scramble drills, he's an obvious playmaker already.  What will decide his effectiveness as a rookie this year will be how he can be/is utilized driving the field. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2