Training Camp 7/30

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

FWIW the other Day Josh was on one bills live and said the bad snaps have been on him and he has to continue working with Connor.

I saw that.  The thing is, Josh will always claim responsibility where he can and say "I have to play better" "I have to find a way to get him the ball" 

He's never gonna say "receiver made a mistake and ran the wrong route" or "he's got to get open"

Some of the shotgun snaps that were bad, were reportedly dribblers along the turf that Josh had to scoop up.  There is no way that's on Josh.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I know its only training camp but I've been very high on Ray Davis for a while now.   I think he's the most sure bet player in this draft for the Bills to be a meaningful contributor.   His quickness, agility, strength, catching ability and nose for the goal line are going to make him a solid player for this offense.   I wouldn't be surprised that at some point in the year that he gets as many snaps as Cook.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

53 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

As a former QB bench warmer at the D3 level, I can share that our position coaching staff made it crystal clear that any fumbles/botched snaps (or bad hand off exchanges between RB’s and QB for that matter) were ALWAYS the QB’s fault—even when we all knew they were not. 🤣. But that’s how it would be “scored” in the books, fwiw.

LOL there was an exchange on "4th and Forever" with Mark Sanchez and Josh where Josh talked about how his feet run cold, and in cold weather when his center steps on his foot it "doesn't feel too good".  Sanchez immediately asked "who's fault was it?" and Josh was like "um" Sanchez said "it has to be your fault, right?"  Josh goes "yeah, it was my fault.  Mitch Morse.  Love ya Mitch!"  It doesn't come across typing it out, but watching it was like "QB Code" where they both knew "it has to be said to be the QB's fault even if it wasn't" 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Not sure if I buy this but maybe we shouldn't read too much into MVS getting all 2nd team reps?

At this point, no, don't think so.   I mean we're seeing AJE with the 2's and etc so

But I do think there is some issue, either MVS isn't getting into the playbook like he needs to or is taking his position a bit for granted - I mean, Keon wasn't here when they were putting in some parts of the offense back at the start of OTAs, right, OTAs before draft? 

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Man I really want Hamler to win that he was a monster at Penn state and was just bit with the injury bug the last couple seasons. If he can finally stay healthy they might have found something. 

I'm with you,  when a guy has nothing but bad luck on injuries but keeps fighting you really want to see things turn for him.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

So what's up with all the route jumping?  Are our DBs just really familiar with our playbook or are we too predictable in what we're running?

5 minutes ago, syhuang said:

One thing it seems to me from the clips and reports we see, is more receivers willing to climb the latter or dive or reach for balls.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, syhuang said:

I’m glad to see the DL getting pressure. Extremely happy to hear Von is getting some good pressure on the Qb! Would love to see him playing like this in the regular season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Westside said:

I’m glad to see the DL getting pressure. Extremely happy to hear Von is getting some good pressure on the Qb! Would love to see him playing like this in the regular season.

Yeah, if Von can get back to his old self, it’s huge!!!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1