Training Camp 7/30

14 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

FWIW the other Day Josh was on one bills live and said the bad snaps have been on him and he has to continue working with Connor.

If a receiver dropped a pass, Josh would probably tell you he could’ve thrown a better ball. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

13 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

FWIW the other Day Josh was on one bills live and said the bad snaps have been on him and he has to continue working with Connor.

As a former QB bench warmer at the D3 level, I can share that our position coaching staff made it crystal clear that any fumbles/botched snaps (or bad hand off exchanges between RB’s and QB for that matter) were ALWAYS the QB’s fault—even when we all knew they were not. 🤣. But that’s how it would be “scored” in the books, fwiw.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brand J said:

If a receiver dropped a pass, Josh would probably tell you he could’ve thrown a better ball. 

that is true but I think he meant what he said that day about the miscommunication with connor.  They just need to take a million snaps together before the season starts.  Unless connor has the yips and cant execute a shotgun snap I think it will be fine.  It is worth noting though one of the main reasons Dallas didn't resign him was because they viewed him as a guard only and guards can be replaced in the draft.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

that is true but I think he meant what he said that day about the miscommunication with connor.  They just need to take a million snaps together before the season starts.  Unless connor has the yips and cant execute a shotgun snap I think it will be fine.  It is worth noting though one of the main reasons Dallas didn't resign him was because they viewed him as a guard only and guards can be replaced in the draft.  

Definitely need to continue working at it, but those in attendance have said some of Connor’s shotgun snaps have been low, with even one skipping off the ground. Maybe they’re both at fault for the exchange under center, or maybe it’s mostly Connor, only those two know for sure, but Josh is just the type of guy who’ll almost always take the blame for anything that doesn’t go right. 

• Like (+1) 2

Coleman having the potential to draw a lot of defensive penalties is an underrated part of his skill set IMO. I remember Dane Bruger specifically noting in his scouting profile that he drew quite a few flags in the red zone especially, and that's arguably even more important at the NFL level.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

They are really hyping up Shavers 

Reporters are hyping him up for sure.  I don't think the team is particularly hyping him up at this stage.  Brady was asked a question about Shavers and responded with praise.  Same as every individual player he's asked about.

Based on Camp reports, seems we should be feeling pretty comfortable with Douglas, Benford, Elam & Ingram as our outside CB group on the 53?

Elam sounds like he's legitimately pushing to start if the two guys ahead of him weren't both very good and Ingram just stays being solid, building on prior camps when given opportunity.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

walking with a hamstring injury is really irrelevant. You can feel perfectly fine, be able to warm up, jog, run, then halfway thru a game you end up pulling it again, only every time it happens it ends up being pulled a little worse than the last time.

Dealt with nagging hamstring injuries playing soccer in college, they were no fun...until I eventually partially tore it after multiple times coming back where it felt "great" until I got in a full game going full speed. You can't simulate the type of stress you are going to put on it starting, stopping, changing direction, etc until you actually get in a game situation.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Makes all the sense in the world for Ray Davis to be RB1 and Cook playing more of an RB2/Slot role... but then I keep remembering that Cook is actually very good at running between the tackles.  

Going to be interesting to see how those two are used, because Ray Davis is a powerful runner with some juice that is elite at catching out of the backfield.  Cook's running style and ability to run WR routes rotating in would be a real tough stressor on the Defense after having to deal with Davis' skillset. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2