Training Camp 7/30

Please limit this thread to training camp info and observations.

There are plenty of other threads that can be used to engage in debates about WR's, QB sneaks and calling out other posters about their opinions

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Notes from Joe Marino:

- 3rd and long was the emphasis today which produced great back and forth from the offense and defense

- MVS got plenty of first team work today and caught a few passes in team drills

- Justin Shorter also worked in with the first team

- Reserve TEs Zach Davidson and Quintin Morris came down with several tough catches in the middle of the field. Davidson has quietly made a lot of plays. 

- Alec Anderson filled the "jumbo TE" role which was previously held by David Edwards

- Hamler and Hardy worked as the punt returners

- Bass went 6 for 7. Hit from 22, 28, 32, 35, 41 and 46. Missed from 51. Browning was the holder

- Several low snaps from McGovern today

- Von really flashed today. Had 1 clean sack vs Brown and several pressures. Looked fluid & quick

- Another strong day for Kingsley Jonathan. Epenesa made several plays in the backfield

- Douglas dropped a pick 6 on a pass intended for Knox. Bishop dropped a pick after a strong break on the ball

- Gore Jr. with a STRONG juke on Bishop in space for a would be forced missed tackle

- Vet rest day for Daquan Jones. Austin Johnson got the first team reps for DJ.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

36 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

thats good to hear because that second one looks incomplete to me

Please explain how a ball that never hits the ground looks incomplete to you? He definitely didn't step out of bounds. Just wondering what you are seeing that I am not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Please explain how a ball that never hits the ground looks incomplete to you? He definitely didn't step out of bounds. Just wondering what you are seeing that I am not.

I thought it was good on first watch, too.  However, after going back and re-watching it I have to agree that the second one was probably incomplete.  He bobbled both catches which is not surprising since it was contested.  On the first, he clearly comes down with a knew in bounds.  On the second one, though, you can't see the sideline when he catches it, but he goes to ground right after and at that point you can see the sideline behind him.  He's probably two yards out of bounds so if you extrapolate where he was when he caught it, he was probably a step out of bounds.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Cray51 said:

Get these injuries out of the way now instead of preseason.  Bishop (while needing to get up to speed) can take a few weeks to rest before practice really gets going.

I hear that, but S was one of, if not our biggest question marks going into the season.  He’s our S with the highest value and biggest upside.  Having him for an entire training camp would be very beneficial for speed of his development.  I was really hoping he’d be a starting S out the gate week 1.  Torrance took RG1 from Bates out the gate.  Bates’ OG level of play is to level of S play of Hamlin and Edwards.  

missing time early will probably erase all chances of him starting week 1.  Which is ok…. But I’d have preferred him to be better than the other two from the start. 

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

I thought it was good on first watch, too.  However, after going back and re-watching it I have to agree that the second one was probably incomplete.  He bobbled both catches which is not surprising since it was contested.  On the first, he clearly comes down with a knew in bounds.  On the second one, though, you can't see the sideline when he catches it, but he goes to ground right after and at that point you can see the sideline behind him.  He's probably two yards out of bounds so if you extrapolate where he was when he caught it, he was probably a step out of bounds.

I still don't see it 🤷🏻‍♂️ the line we are seeing is the goaline to me

• Like (+1) 1