My very special training camp report (7/29)

Fredonia camp was awesome. I was in my early teens.  We’d help bills move into their dorms by carrying their bags.  It was awesome.  Much much less security back then.  Very special memories as a kid. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

I got an autograph from Joe Dufek, but never remembered it as a great day😒

I remember Joe Dufek... such a bad QB name... like it wants to clue you into the future LOL :) 

• Like (+1) 1

this is pretty much what camp is for us too.  we're going on thursday with the kids, and i'm sure it will consist of eating junk, watching random guys practice up close, getting some merch, then complaining that it's too hot.   throw on the $25 it costs to park across the street, and it's the perfect day.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, teef said:

this is pretty much what camp is for us too.  we're going on thursday with the kids, and i'm sure it will consist of ME LOOKING AT RANDOM MEN'S junk, watching random guys practice up close, getting some merch, then complaining that it's too hot.   throw on the $25 it costs to park across the street, and it's the perfect day.

I'm thinking about taking my kid one day.  Do kids like the whole day or just a bit and then want to go home because of the heat or they're bored?

Edited by Royale with Cheese

of course I love this story. It involves his kids and football TOGETHER in one fabulous package. I think it's awesome.

I never ever got to take my kids to any football camps. Maybe they'd both like football if I had? This is a major memory for yours

As it stands now my kids like the bills because it's an excuse to party with Mom. lol That's actually good enough for me 🙂

GO BILLS!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm thinking about taking my kid one day.  Do kids like the whole day or just a bit and then want to go home because of the heat or their bored?

it's really not an entire day.  the practice is from 9:45 to 11:45, and we get there around 9.  i think the people that get the most out of camp are the adults that get there early to get seats in the stands.  we never even bother to try.  my kids do like to go on the opposite side of the field where they can sit up against a fence and watch.  they can see the players clearly and there's enough rotation to make it interesting.  towards the end of it they've definitely had enough.  staring at random men's junk is just a bonus for me.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm thinking about taking my kid one day.  Do kids like the whole day or just a bit and then want to go home because of the heat or they're bored?

Depends on the kids and how old, I would say one of my fav things about this is seeing how excited the kids get. Most of the time it looks like the players get a big kick out of interacting with them. 

42 minutes ago, JP51 said:

Depends on the kids and how old, I would say one of my fav things about this is seeing how excited the kids get. Most of the time it looks like the players get a big kick out of interacting with them. 

I was surprised at the number of very small kids (toddlers and babies). Those kids were struggling. 

my kids are 9, 10, And 13. One of them had some issues with the heat at times, but otherwise all of them really enjoyed it. I have to think ages 8-12 is the sweet spot.

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I was surprised at the number of very small kids (toddlers and babies). Those kids were struggling. 

my kids are 9, 10, And 13. One of them had some issues with the heat at times, but otherwise all of them really enjoyed it. I have to think ages 8-12 is the sweet spot.

Probably, course when I was there it wasnt evil hot and humid, I can imagine it being tough for sure.