My very special training camp report (7/29)

I finally made it to camp post-Fredonia, with my kids. It was a great time and everyone at SJF was so friendly and professional. Here is my review of the 7/29 training practice:

1) Kids got a bunch of free stuff

2) Watched some players I never heard of running some mostly routine drills. Interspersed in there were some sweet passes by Josh and runs by Cook and Davis. 

3) Waited with the kids as they got one autograph of some random player I never heard of. 

Overall, a great day!! 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 7

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I finally made it to camp post-Fredonia, with my kids. It was a great time and everyone at SJF was so friendly and professional. Here is my review of the 7/29 training practice:

2) Watched some players I never heard of running some mostly routine drills. Interspersed in there were some sweet passes by Josh and runs by Cook and Davis. 

3) Waited with the kids as they got one autograph of some random player I never heard of. 

Overall, a great day!! 

yeaaa wasn’t expecting to spend most of the morning with my 3 year old on the inflatable obstacle course but that’s the way it goes 

• Like (+1) 3

Overall, a great day!! 

I’ll always remember Sonny Fixaco … the random camp legs autograph my kids got at camp many years ago 😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Overall, a great day!! 

I got an autograph from Joe Dufek, but never remembered it as a great day😒

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Overall, a great day!! 

You’re not in Fredonia anymore!  Getting autographs is extremely rare unless you have VIP access on the field.  If you’re lucky players will stop by the bleachers on the far side to sign.  But there are so many people it’s nearly impossible to get autographs otherwise, like it was at Fred.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Overall, a great day!! 

What kind of stuff did they have for the kids.  I'm trying to get them to camp and work on making them bills fans but if I'm going to bore them for 2 hours it'll have the opposite effect lol.

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Overall, a great day!! 

Glad ya had a great day and gave a honest recap not the usual fluff stuff!

• Like (+1) 3

All of us who go to training camp pretend to be sweet because we saw what happened and nobody else did so we have to go into our “I’m important because I have info nobody else has and maybe I played football so I think I know more than people reading this.”

This thread is refreshing.

• Like (+1) 4

59 minutes ago, section122 said:

What kind of stuff did they have for the kids.  I'm trying to get them to camp and work on making them bills fans but if I'm going to bore them for 2 hours it'll have the opposite effect lol.

my daughter got her face painted. All my Kids got a free autograph book and sharpie and free Bills car magnets and free chips and stickers. It was enough to keep them happy. My one 9-year old was getting over-heated and probably had enough after an hour, but the other two kids had no complaints. At the end of the day, they all said it was a great time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Love it!

I grew up in Rochester and my father still owns the house I grew up in in Irondequoit. Even though I live in CA, until last year I've usually gone back with my family to visit in the summer. I'd try to plan around camp and have gone once or twice at least half the years they've been at SJF. I look forward to it every year, but ultimately normally I'm underwhelmed with it and may even get bored before practice is over. But, I still will likely go next year if I have a chance and will be excited to go!

• Like (+1) 2