Training Camp 7/29 - First day of pads

I love hearing about Josh on rollouts and bootlegs.  Have seen a little from Daboll but did not see that from Dorsey at all.

It seems to me a natural thing to do with Josh.  

A few years ago, Daboll had Josh do some naked bootlegs to the left and they worked very well.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

I'll say this about MVS, totally opinion based: I get the feeling he's more flash than substance from his socials. I was hoping he'd come to camp to prove my initial impression wrong, but so far he's done almost nothing that has been noted.

He's a strong cut candidate IMO

Agreed. Instead of moving McGovern again, they should give him time to work the snapping issues out like they are doing

Yes, but I read somewhere that he's been working hard in the offseason on the center position, which he played in college in part. I don't know much about snapping. Is it really that difficult a skill? 

7 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Coleman sounding like DeAndre Hopkins with these impressive catches.

This is what I’m hoping, not blazing top end speed but crazy body control, catch radius, high point ability and elite hands.

Sounds like D-Hop to me.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Haven't those snaps been at guard?

I've read all the stuff posted here.  Seems he has taken 3rd string C snaps and 2nd string G snaps.

Have not heard anything about good or bad.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I've read all the stuff posted here.  Seems he has taken 3rd string C snaps and 2nd string G snaps.

Have not heard anything about good or bad.

Give him time.  His strength is his brain. If he had been physically dominant in college he would have been drafyed by day 2.  He has to learn to compete phyaically at this level.

• Agree 1

It's actually legitimately crazy that the built-in rollout bootleg game hasn't been a big part of the Bills' playbook up until now. 

Josh Allen rolling out to his right and having the option to either run or pass is arguably when he is at his most lethal. Many of the most impressive plays throughout his pro career have come in this situation.

Count me as a big fan of this development.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Am I the only one worried about the Bishop pick? Seems behind where he should be at.....

I would say my concern level at this point is extreme.  Good thing this is a rebuilding year...

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

I would say my concern level at this point is extreme.  Good thing this is a rebuilding year...

Right? Not only is he not able to beat out Hamlin for starting reps, but I think his physical build is sort of small for the league. Hoping I'm overreacting but it looks kind of like a bust pick to me.

• Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha (+1) 6

8 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Am I the only one worried about the Bishop pick? Seems behind where he should be at.....

Not in the least. Not every rookie is ready to dive right in to a complicated system. It's not one-size-fits-all

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

11 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Give him time.  His strength is his brain. If he had been physically dominant in college he would have been drafyed by day 2.  He has to learn to compete phyaically at this level.

Way too early for any worrying.  I guess with the bit of struggling with McGovern's snaps I would like to see him get more C snaps than G, but

that's just me being overly cautious.

• Like (+1) 2