Training Camp 7/29 - First day of pads

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Sounds like Bishop and Hamlin have alternated with the 1st team today.

How much would it cost if they cut Edwards?  Guy is missing the most important ability.

7 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Elam should sue Butler for malpractice😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

With Claypool I think the issue is injuries and not that many spots open. 

Locks 

Shakir

Samuel

Coleman 

I assume 6 WR considering the need to carry TE and RB

That's three spots for :

Hollins

Shavers

Shorter 

Hamler

Claypool 

MVS

IIRC Hollins, Shorter and Shavers are ST candidates. It's hard to imagine that you'd have to impress to get in as a pure WR unless you are a cut above the others.

Claypool is injured but MVS vanishing is not what I expected 

Hollins looks like an absolute lock at this point-  he may not be very involved in the passing game but no way he gets cut imo

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Hollins looks like an absolute lock at this point-  he may not be very involved in the passing game but no way he gets cut imo

He’s currently running with the ones, going to play specials, etc. I agree completely 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

A coach of mine used to say it’s more important who is playing at the end of the game versus who is starting.  And everyone should know by now that McD has a culture that players need to earn their playing time.  If Nathan Peterman started a game over JA, I’m not worried about Bishop if he isn’t the “starter” over Damar Hamlin or Mike Edwards yet. 

Exactly, I don't don't care if Bishop is a starter to begin the season. I do hope he is at the end of the season.

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

See I think he can be used and do more than most think

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

As much as I like Douglas, I think he’d be the one out of a job if Elam steps up and starts….until Benford inevitably gets dinged up. 

You could be right.. going forward beyond this season 100%  would love to see both Elam and Benford locking down those outside spots.. not sure how that works with the salary cap situation and both being from the same draft class, but it would be awesome.

43 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

With Claypool I think the issue is injuries and not that many spots open. 

Locks 

Shakir

Samuel

Coleman 

I assume 6 WR considering the need to carry TE and RB

That's three spots for :

Hollins

Shavers

Shorter 

Hamler

Claypool 

MVS

IIRC Hollins, Shorter and Shavers are ST candidates. It's hard to imagine that you'd have to impress to get in as a pure WR unless you are a cut above the others.

Claypool is injured but MVS vanishing is not what I expected 

Here's how I see it so far, with one day of pads under their belt and no preseason action yet:

Locks 

Shakir

Samuel

Coleman 

Hollins

Close to Lock

Shavers

Assume 6 WR, so that's ONE spot for:

Shorter 

Hamler

Claypool 

MVS

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Are you that slow? Everyone sees they have been rotating and you just ignore that plus Edwards is out with injury, but you keep saying it’s going to be Hamlin like that’s a given.  Relax, stop trolling for responses.

Not trolling, the safety group concerns me. No need to be rude buddy. 

• Like (+1) 3

On 7/29/2024 at 6:24 PM, NewEra said:

As much as I like Douglas, I think he’d be the one out of a job if Elam steps up and starts….until Benford inevitably gets dinged up. 

It's all good no matter what... I definitely like this potential development. I think about the possibilities of this D if Elam and Von come out of nowhere and have big years...Milano is Milano again...the upgrades at DT actually play like upgrades... and I get just a little excited...

If Elam steps up and becomes that guy over Benford or Douglas the Bills have a good 1-3 outside at CB... And I don't think anyone would deny that Elam has the most upside of the 3 anyway...I think it's kind of easy to forget he's only turned 23 in May... DeWayne Carter is 23...Ray Davis is 24...Maybe it just took a little time? The Cover 1 guys rave about his off-the-field stuff...

It would certainly be huge for the Bills if Elam took a big jump... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS
  • Like (+1) 7

22 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Here's how I see it so far, with one day of pads under their belt and no preseason action yet:

Locks 

Shakir

Samuel

Coleman 

Hollins

Close to Lock

Shavers

Shorter 

Hamler

Claypool 

MVS

Bills only kept 5 WR last season.  With new kickoff rules considered, and guessing we use 12 man all season, I believe there is a possibility the Bills keep 5 WR (Samuel, Coleman, Shakir, Hollins, Shavers) and keep 4 TE(we have 4 good ones).

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Day summary from Cover1, apologies if I missed it above

https://www.cover1.net/greg-rousseau-and-terrel-bernard-stand-out-in-physical-day-5-practice/

He speaks what several here have commented:

He's absolutely right, for me.  McGovern does not have to really worry about getting his block knocked off by opposing DLmen at this point, until today no pads even - this doesn't seem like a "my fault" issue as Allen will say, his snaps are off-target or dribblers Allen has to scoop up.

I started out nervous about this change and I'm not getting less nervous.

Fwiw after the missed exchange today Josh held up his hands then wiped them multiple times on a towel as if to say it slipped out of his wet hands.  I don't think today's was McGovern fault 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Locks 

Shakir

Samuel

Coleman 

Hollins

Close to Lock

Shavers

Shorter 

Hamler

Claypool 

MVS

Shavers looks to be leading the group.  I think return will answer the final wr spot.  Isabella or Hamler could clam a spot as return.  If its Hardy or a Rb I thinks MVS or Claypool chances greatly improve.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I hate to break it to everyone but apparently Keon Coleman has been struggling in Bills camp.

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Coleman is struggling in camp? Where did that come from?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

How much would it cost if they cut Edwards?  Guy is missing the most important ability.

Elam should sue Butler for malpractice😂

I really hope we don't cut Edwards, even if it's tempting with his off-season injuries. He's really darn good to have off the bench, and I expect would win the job if healthy. 

I get that he's been totally unavailable. It sucks. But he's had success in the league. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Looks like $1.6M - his signing bonus plus $600k of his salary or something.

But keep in mind Bernard pulled a hammy and wasn't available much of training camp but then made it through the season and into the playoffs.

So I don't think you can project from training camp/preseason, when teams try to make sure players hit starting day healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, julian said:

You could be right.. going forward beyond this season 100%  would love to see both Elam and Benford locking down those outside spots.. not sure how that works with the salary cap situation and both being from the same draft class, but it would be awesome.

Both have a 4-year contract (and in year 3 this season) with posssibility for Elam to get the 5th year option

• Like (+1) 1