Pegula imploring Beane and McD to get Allen to embrace a CEO role?

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'd say this misrepresents a lot of successful CEOs, and that guy certainly didnt have a business degree or knew what a CEO does.

Now, there are certainly many who have tried to take that aloof, hands-off approach, thinking it's an easy gig. But either they or the company wont last too long.

The best CEOs I've known are the ones that get their hands dirty. The best one I've ever known, I caught in the warehouse doing some menial grunt work one time, and when I called him out on why the boss would be doing that, he responded "When you are CEO, all that means is: any job you dont have someone specifically hired to do, becomes your job". Learned a big lesson that day. Followed that guy across 4 different companies.

I think that is more of the leadership Terry is looking to get out of his highest paid employee not named Pegula.

You're right.  I didn't mean to paint all CEO's with a single brush stroke.  That long ago conversation left a lasting impression on me.  Yet, actual CEOs I've known have had very diverse leadership philosophies - some quite admirable.  

You're also right about Terry.  He's a smart guy.  Whatever he may have said, what he probably meant was that he hoped to get more leadership out of Josh.  

You were lucky to have such a good boss.  Sadly, there are some bad ones out there, too.  

• Like (+1) 1