Pegula imploring Beane and McD to get Allen to embrace a CEO role?

Haven't seen this mentioned on here. I used the search, so if it is please feel free to merge.

Pegula apparently is upset that Allen has not embraced being in more of a CEO type role and instead is more of the "guy's guy" with teammates. Pegula wants Allen to be "above" teammates and the clear leader in that way as well similar to how some other QBs are...most notably like Brady probably.

Pegula wants Allen to exhibit more of an "Executive Demeanor" and less of the "buddy buddy" way he is now with teammates...

Assuming this is because it blurs the lines and allows others to think it's OK to get away with some things that otherwise they may not feel it would be OK to get away with? Or perhaps that they are a little more lax than they should be?

Article eludes to that being part of the reason Diggs wanted out or had some issues?

Either way sounds like we are likely going to be in for a new version of Allen this year if they are successful, and one where he may be holding others more accountable.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2024/7/27/24206901/terry-pegula-urging-qb-josh-allen-to-be-a-new-kind-of-leader-for-buffalo-bills-in-2024

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

I didn't read the article, but I do t think Allen being more assertive, or a better leader isn't a bad thing. He can still be "one of the guys" or whatever, and still be a boss 

Edited by Steptide
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 7

I do think that is what we are going to see from Allen.  More leadership does not mean authoritative as the article states.  He needs to be the one holding everyone accountable and he can do that in a way that fits him

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Process said:

People will hate on Pegula for this because they don't like any criticism of Allen, but to be honest I don't disagree with the message. 

Would be nice to see Allen take more of a leadership role in the field. He'll never be Mahomes/Brady/Manning it's just not his personality. And he doesn't have to be. But this is his team now, more so then anyone else, including coaches. He should be holding guys accountable. 

I disagreed with your post because it’s silly to say people will hate on the Pegulas because people don’t like any criticism of Allen.  What people don’t like is absurd statements by idiots that don’t reflect reality on any level.  

Sure maybe there are a few extremists, but don’t paint everyone with that brush as just about everyone knows that every player has things they can work on and Allen is no different.  

I’m sure just about everyone will agree that Allen becoming more of a vocal leader and “CEO” type on the field is a good thing with him balancing the guys guy off the field.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

I mean if anyone knows how to develop a leader it's Terry ... Look at what he did with Ryan O'Reilly and then Jack Eichel! Two cup winners....

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is such a moronic article and thing to be said. Why do people think the only way to be a good leader is to publicly call out your teammates in the middle of a game? How do we know Josh doesn’t talk to guys throughout the week about things or yells at them then? So because we can’t see it, it must never happen??

This whole “leaders hold their teammates accountable by screaming at them” is such a stupid way to think about leadership. You don’t have to yell at your teammates and embarrass them to be considered a good leader, that thinking has to stop 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

This is such a moronic article and thing to be said. Why do people think the only way to be a good leader is to publicly call out your teammates in the middle of a game? How do we know Josh doesn’t talk to guys throughout the week about things or yells at them then? So because we can’t see it, it must never happen??

This whole “leaders hold their teammates accountable by screaming at them” is such a stupid way to think about leadership. You don’t have to yell at your teammates and embarrass them to be considered a good leader, that thinking has to stop 

Boomer mentality... It's a generational gap in understanding leadership across the board.

Same issues in every industry and sector right now.  Boomer leaders with traditional Boomer mentalities and styles hating younger generations way of doing things.  Anyone who wants an interesting read on the topic should take a look T "The Next America".  It's a decade old now but I'm shocked how few people know it... Also it was predicting 10 years ago the generational culture clash we literally are living today.  Fascinating.

But yeah, 70+ year old Terry doesn't like 27 year old Josh's leadership style... Probably the 50 years difference in age and cultural development.  I don't know how josh "leads" with any certainty, and frankly no one else on here does either.  So rather than us talking about what he does or doesn't need to do more of, let's just chalk this up to generational differences and move on.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, The Cincinnati Kid said:

WotATake. Wow. Leadership comes in all kinds of ways. 

I will say a free agent player the Bills signed came here and remarked privately how much of a joker Josh was and it took this guy back a little bit because it seemed over the top. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Process said:

Almost all the replies to TGs post with the article are people going after Pegula. And nowhere did I say everyone shares those feelings. You seem to have taken this very personally. 

I didn’t take it personally, just saying that there have been a lot stupid things about Allen and it’s fair to push back at those.  This wasn’t one of those things.  And ever social media comment is negative, that doesn’t reflect the fan base.

• Like (+1) 1

MCD very quickly asserted that it’s pretty obvious that is not Terry’s style whatsoever and I would agree with that from his track record. Some of the assumptions in the responses here are alarming. Wow what a time we live in. Josh is leading more because he’s more mature, it’s needed with the turnover on the offense, and likely it’s been discussed and planned in long ago in the off season. Graham has not done himself many favors in the past few years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I will say a free agent player the Bills signed came here and remarked privately how much of a joker Josh was and it took this guy back a little bit because it seemed over the top. 

That’s not surprising tbh

• Like (+1) 1

Graham is a reputable reporter, but I don't believe any reporter 100%.   Nonetheless...

Last year, Allen said something about liking to lead by example.  That's a good beginning, but it's not enough. 

This is pure speculation because I'm not in huddles, not in the locker room, not on the practice field, not in the QB room.  But from my vantage point sitting at a desk in sunny California, Allen could help the team by playing a stronger leadership role.

And maybe he's doing that this year.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Graham is a reputable reporter, but I don't believe any reporter 100%.   Nonetheless...

Last year, Allen said something about liking to lead by example.  That's a good beginning, but it's not enough. 

This is pure speculation because I'm not in huddles, not in the locker room, not on the practice field, not in the QB room.  But from my vantage point sitting at a desk in sunny California, Allen could help the team by playing a stronger leadership role.

And maybe he's doing that this year.  

But what does this even mean?