Venezuela election - chaos - FRAUD UPDATE: Maduro announced as winner

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

Where in there did it say they were being sent?  Hmmm indeed.

From Venezuela? They have to be citizens of said country. Try again.

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Where in there did it say they were being sent?  Hmmm indeed.

https://www.npr.org/2023/10/31/1207963084/venezuela-migrants-to-us

They are definitely here lol. Nice try.

27 minutes ago, sherpa said:

This stuff gets repeated here day after day.

If the "border deal" was truly bipartisan, it would have been approved.

The Legislative Branch of our gov defeated the border deal, which also included 118 billion in foreign aid to Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan.

To state that it was a clean bill, or went far enough to truly secure our border is ridiculous.

275,000 crossed in Dec.

The "border bill" proposed asylum for scores of people without vetting.

I often wonder if anyone actually reads this stuff, or simply do not care about what is posted in this forum.

How was it not "bi-partisan" I don't understand what you are saying? 

You literally admit that the bill only allows "scores" of people in, down from, as you quote, 275,000 in one month. You are saying that isn't good enough? Huh? 

8 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Where did it say they were being "sent"?

Are you trying to say people from Venezuela haven't been crossing the border from Mexico to the United States? Is that what you're trying to prove? Because that is absolutely not true.

30 minutes ago, sherpa said:

The Legislative Branch of our gov defeated the border deal, which also included 118 billion in foreign aid to Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan.

To state that it was a clean bill, or went far enough to truly secure our border is ridiculous.

275,000 crossed in Dec.

I often wonder if anyone actually reads this stuff, or simply do not care about what is posted in this forum.

The only reason the bill died is because Orange Jesus wanted the border as an issue.  If he really wanted to address the issue, he would have asked people to solve the bill, to reduce the illegal immigration for 9 months or so, then introduced a stronger bill when he became President.

Where did the bill propose asylum for scores of people without vetting?  It actually increased the number of immigration judges and reduced the length of time they were here from a couple of years to 90 days.

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

How was it not "bi-partisan" I don't understand what you are saying? 

You literally admit that the bill only allows "scores" of people in, down from, as you quote, 275,000 in one month. You are saying that isn't good enough? Huh? 

Another problem was a lack of confidence that the administration would actually enforce the limit rather than fudge the numbers on actual crossings.

2 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Are you trying to say people from Venezuela haven't been crossing the border from Mexico to the United States? Is that what you're trying to prove? Because that is absolutely not true.

I'm saying the Orange Jesus tells his cult members the other countries are actually SENDING people from prisons and mental institutions to the US but there is no proof of any organized effort to do so.  None of your links prove people were "sent".  It shows they came here because it sucks there.

The only reason the bill died is because Orange Jesus wanted the border as an issue.  If he really wanted to address the issue, he would have asked people to solve the bill, to reduce the illegal immigration for 9 months or so, then introduced a stronger bill when he became President.

Where did the bill propose asylum for scores of people without vetting?  It actually increased the number of immigration judges and reduced the length of time they were here from a couple of years to 90 days.

The reason it died was because it contained a number of disassociated earmarks, and it was not viewed as strong enough to achieve Legislative approval.

If you want to know how it approved non vetted asylum, you'd have to read it, which I'm sure you haven't, and I'm not going to do your homework.

13 minutes ago, sherpa said:

The reason it died was because it contained a number of disassociated earmarks, and it was not viewed as strong enough to achieve Legislative approval.

If you want to know how it approved non vetted asylum, you'd have to read it, which I'm sure you haven't, and I'm not going to do your homework.

Said associated earmarks passed anyway, didn't they?

From what I've read, asylum would have been more difficult to obtain.  If you know otherwise, please point out where.  I doubt you've read the bill.

Edited by Scraps

Said associated earmarks passed anyway, didn't they?

It failed because all it would do is provide the administration cover so they can say they did something while they ignore the provisions of the border bill and don't enforce any limits. They've been ignoring the law and US security needs from day 1 of Biden's Presidency so why start now? They weren't fooling anybody.

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

It failed because all it would do is provide the administration cover so they can say they did something while they ignore the provisions of the border bill and don't enforce any limits. They've been ignoring the law and US security needs from day 1 of Biden's Presidency so why start now? They weren't fooling anybody.

This doesn't make sense.  If they ignored the provisions in the bill, they would look even worse to the voters. 

13 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I'm saying the Orange Jesus tells his cult members the other countries are actually SENDING people from prisons and mental institutions to the US but there is no proof of any organized effort to do so.  None of your links prove people were "sent".  It shows they came here because it sucks there.

LOL

It died because dem senators broke ranks and didn't support the bill. With a majority in the senate, dems could have passed it.

Just like HB2, the repubs passed it and sent it to the senate. HB2 is still sitting on Schumer's desk for introduction (for a year I might add).

The senate bill didn't even make it to the house because of dem senators joining the repubs in not supporting the bill.

blaming trump is your lazy response

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

This doesn't make sense.  If they ignored the provisions in the bill, they would look even worse to the voters. 

They'll just fake the crossing numbers like they do the monthly jobs reports.

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Are all the people from Venezuela vetted? So could some people with criminal records make it here? 

1 minute ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Are all the people from Venezuela vetted? So could some people with criminal records make it here? 

I don't know.  I would hope not but I'm not an immigration expert.  I was taking issue with stupid things Trump says to fear monger.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

275,000 crossed in Dec.