Christian Barmore diagnosed with Blood Clots

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Oh nice!  That must be new because when I was taking it they told me there wasn't anything if that happened. Now there really isn't any reason to be on Warfarin or Coumadin since Eliquis effects are very short in terms of coming off of it for any type of surgery, etc...think you go back to normal in 24-48 hours instead of weeks like the other ones.

For all of my back issues and even my knee replacement, some surgeons said 5 days , and a couple others said 3 days to be off before surgery. So its out of your system, at least in regards to surgery, pretty quickly.  I had no bleeding issues post 2 spine surgeries and a knee replacement.  But double check with your PcP or Hematologist to be sure

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I fouled a ball off of my leg in college, the lump swelled up a lot.  

I continued to play on it.  The swelling went down to a little lump by the next game the following day...ots of bruising.

I was in left field and I just remember around the 3rd inning, my leg was tingling and starting to get really numb.

Our Team Trainer told me to go to the hospital.  I went there and the ER doc took a scalpel, opened up the lump and was pulling out solid strings of blood.

I can't believe a simple lump caused all that.

When I had my PE my Hemoglobin and Hematocrit were so bad, they took blood and it coagulated by the time they got it to the lab and that was in hospital.

Edited by SoonerBillsFan

13 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

When I had my PE my Hemoglobin and Hematocrit were so bad, they took blood and it coagulated by the time they got it to the lab and that was in hospital.

How did this make you feel?  Light headed a lot?  I was starting to feel that way.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How did this make you feel?  Light headed a lot?  I was starting to feel that way.

Not at all, but I have been on it since 17'.  You shouldn't have to go on the highest dose to start since you aren't having an emergency and already on a blood thinner.