Training Camp 7/28

40 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

As long as the OL holds up, this offense is going to be scary, and Allen will have his best season yet.

C'mon man. When the games start you know it isn't going to look like this.

Dalton Kincaid isn't going to have just one safety 10 yrds off the ball to beat.

Samuel isn't going to be running all over the place every down and foregoing extra protection for the QB

Shakir isn't going to spend 75% of his day getting free releases from teammates.

Allen isn't going to be standing back there in a red jersey paying zero attention to a pass rush that isn't running games.

This offense isn't going to be playing against a defensive unit that is working on a variety of sets because they're just out there practicing.

Enjoy the show for what it is, but don't convince yourself it has any relationship whatsoever to reality.

Signed,

Señor Buzzkill

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Dalton Kincaid isn't going to have just one safety 10 yrds off the ball to beat.

Samuel isn't going to be running all over the place every down and foregoing extra protection for the QB

Shakir isn't going to spend 75% of his day getting free releases from teammates.

Allen isn't going to be standing back there in a red jersey paying zero attention to a pass rush that isn't running games.

This offense isn't going to be playing against a defensive unit that is working on a variety of sets because they're just out there practicing.

Enjoy the show for what it is, but don't convince yourself it has any relationship whatsoever to reality.

Signed,

Señor Buzzkill

You just made me cry. Not sobbing, but a tear flowed. 

• Haha (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

As long as the OL holds up, this offense is going to be scary, and Allen will have his best season yet.

shh.  we are not supposed to say all that as the pads are not up yet.   Go Bills !!!

Just now, Simon said:

Allen isn't going to be standing back there in a red jersey paying zero attention to the rush.

Signed,

Señor Buzzkill

He didn’t say it was going to look just like this, he said the offense is going to be scary with Allen having his best season yet.  

And while none of us know what will happen until the season is over, the potential for this offense to be scary is real…potential for Allen to have his best season is real…just like the potential for the offense to struggle is real.  

Thats both the exciting and scary parts of making major changes to a team that wasn’t getting it done and was getting old.  

And the good news is that Beane has armed himself with cap space and lots of extra premium draft capital next year to make major moves to address any areas that prove to fall short of expectations this season on either side of the ball :) 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TBBills Fan said:

You just made me cry. Not sobbing, but a tear flowed. 

Just look forward to the combat; if it was all easy, it'd be boring. 🤙

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Just look forward to the combat; if it was all easy, it'd be boring. 🤙

True. But sports sometimes has that magic energy.  We should all hope for this to be Josh's "magical" season that is remembered long from now!

I know santa isn't real, but man I wanna believe!

Edited by TBBills Fan

11 minutes ago, Simon said:

Signed,

Señor Buzzkill

joe bastianich cooking GIF by Masterchef

• Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Simon said:

Signed,

Señor Buzzkill

I just use training camp and preseason to hopefully observe flashes from rookies, 2nd year players and guys coming off serious injuries.

Although it makes it difficult to keep the excitement in check reading all the positives.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

It's a shame Keon's camp highlights aren't against NFL defenders, however; many people here told us his success in college won't be replicated against NFL players.  

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Signed,

Señor Buzzkill

Wet blanket...

1 hour ago, Nephilim17 said:

It's a shame Keon's camp highlights aren't against NFL defenders, however; many people here told us his success in college won't be replicated against NFL players.  

It’s funny because before the draft, when I had yet to look at any of the receiving prospects, the one name that I heard more than others that fans didn’t want was Keon Coleman. I saw his spider chart which supposedly highlighted low level athleticism. I heard all he could do was catch contested passes and that he hardly separated from defenders. I saw his listed size and based on the chatter here, fully expected his highlights to show a tall, slow, and stiff receiver. When I finally got around to watching his tape I was like “oh, wait a minute now. This guy looks legit! And he was a division 1 basketball player??” I liked his highlights more than anyone not named Nabers. I thought his game would transfer well to the pros, sort of like a more athletic and explosive Tee Higgins. When I heard CBs were sticking with him early on in camp, I thought maybe TBD could be on to something - though it was extremely early. But to hear McD say recently how Coleman wins far more one on ones now than he used to, I couldn’t be happier with the pick. 

• Like (+1) 3

My pre draft rankings and analysis below.  He could be special but he’s far from a finished product. Definitely has a lot of traits us Bills fans are excited about. Tee Higgins is a fine comparison but hopefully he develops into a better overall WR than Tee. 

26 minutes ago, Brand J said:

It’s funny because before the draft, when I had yet to look at any of the receiving prospects, the one name that I heard more than others that fans didn’t want was Keon Coleman. I saw his spider chart which supposedly highlighted low level athleticism. I heard all he could do was catch contested passes and that he hardly separated from defenders. I saw his listed size and based on the chatter here, fully expected his highlights to show a tall, slow, and stiff receiver. When I finally got around to watching his tape I was like “oh, wait a minute now. This guy looks legit! And he was a division 1 basketball player??” I liked his highlights more than anyone not named Nabers. I thought his game would transfer well to the pros, sort of like a more athletic and explosive Tee Higgins. When I heard CBs were sticking with him early on in camp, I thought maybe TBD could be on to something - though it was extremely early. But to hear McD say recently how Coleman wins far more one on ones now than he used to, I couldn’t be happier with the pick. 

On 4/24/2024 at 6:19 PM, NeverOutNick said:

13.    Keon Coleman – Great Hands! Very athletic for being so big. He reminds me of a more athletic version of Tee Higgins with better hands coming out of college. His route running is suspect at best as he pushes off to get separation too often. You can tell he’s having fun when he’s out there using his impressive agility but some of his entertaining, “look at me” plays are not necessary. His best trait that has him ranked higher than others are his hands. He’s a natural hands catcher, plucking the ball out of the air with ease. I don’t see him doing a lot of damage in the middle field yet because he’s not refined in his craft but as a big X he’s intriguing and I love his hands. Hopefully he gets the right WR coach to mold him into a more refined, nuance WR.

Edited by NeverOutNick
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Brand J said:

When I heard CBs were sticking with him early on in camp, I thought maybe TBD could be on to something - though it was extremely early. But to hear McD say recently how Coleman wins far more one on ones now than he used to, I couldn’t be happier with the pick. 

Haven't we only had four days of training camp? Which reports about CBs sticking with him are you referring to? Minicamp? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

Haven't we only had four days of training camp? Which reports about CBs sticking with him are you referring to? Minicamp? 

Yes, I should’ve put “minicamp” or OTAs so as not to confuse it with training camp. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Awesome af.  so not what i thought he was but so much better and i liked him to begin with.   

11 hours ago, HappyDays said:

One other note which explains why he thinks MVS has an uphill battle - apparently Claypool, Hamler, and Shavers all took 1st team reps today, but MVS tool none. That's something to monitor.

idk its odd because the only real word you get from claypool for the most part is this is his second injury in camp.   at this point it seems like the arrow is pointing down on him and mvs

11 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Cover 1 learned a new term “spinning” and is flexing. 

arobics class will do that

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Simon said:

Signed,

Señor Buzzkill

this is like the woodstock time of football and im drinking the coolaid until i pee red.   tyvm.   

Signed, 

coolaid drinking tie died hippy mo fo preseason bills fan!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Simon said:

Signed,

Señor Buzzkill

Yeah.  There are still going to be plenty of tough games.  What we are not seeing, that many outside Buffalo expected, is an offense that in ineffective and boring without an alpha receiver like Diggs.  What we're seeing is an offense that can do lots of different things and looks every bit as explosive as it did with Diggs at his best.  Maybe we're being fooled, but I think those who predict a step backwards for the Bills may be eating some crow come December.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1