Training Camp 7/28

25 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

How camp has changed? I used to be able to take my kids and make good memories. They used to be able to get autographs. Now? I didn’t even get a response on weather we got picked to get tickets in the “lottery”. (Obviously we didn’t.) My oldest son’s friend had 4 tickets and only needed one so he took my oldest son and my twins last week. They said no chance to get autographs, only for vip people. 
so for a family of 6 that might have went 2-3 times a summer, we had 3 boys go once. 

I remember in the lawyer milloy days I think it was I was driving by fisher and camp (practice) was going on, I just parked my work van somewhere, ran across the street and caught the end of practice. They were scrimmaging hard that day to. I saw a great goal line stand, someone getting stuffed at the goal line, fans cheering, players jacked up celebrating!

Also on “How has camp changed “? If St. John fisher can’t handle the amount of people that want to attend practice it’s time to move it to a facility that can!

Edited by 4th&long
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

Cover 1 learned a new term “spinning” and is flexing. 

Can you tell you from years of listening that Pro Ant has not just learned that term. His show is called disguise coverage…

57 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I was going to google the term, to what does this refer?

I’ll probably butcher this but my understanding is that it’s post snap movement by the coverage players. Typically deeper player (called post safety in ants updates) comes forward usually to one side and then player from other side rotates deep. Cause you got two coverage players (sometimes more) moving in opposite directions it sorta looks like a whirlpool with the arrows hence spinning. 

Edited by YattaOkasan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Knox has quietly had a pretty decent camp himself so far.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

One other note which explains why he thinks MVS has an uphill battle - apparently Claypool, Hamler, and Shavers all took 1st team reps today, but MVS tool none. That's something to monitor.

Someone needs to steal his calendar and replace all the months with January.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Knox has quietly had a pretty decent camp himself so far

I am so hoping Knox can stay healthy all year.  If he does, I think Dalton and him are going to cause a lot of headaches for the opposing DCs.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Show more...He was at best at Utah (for me) when playing as an apex/overhang. The closer to the box & line of scrimmage, the better. But his best play today came as a single high post safety in cover 3, where he jumped a seam ball from Josh Allen. His eyes + quick trigger got him in great position for what should’ve been an INT (he dropped it but still broke the play up). An overall good day for him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I am so hoping Knox can stay healthy all year.  If he does, I think Dalton and him are going to cause a lot of headaches for the opposing DCs.

Agree! Knox is one of my favorites. But even I jumped off the bandwagon with that drop that would have iced Giants game. Hope they both have monster years!!!

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Agree! Knox is one of my favorites. But even I jumped off the bandwagon with that drop that would have iced Giants game. Hope they both have monster years!!!

In hindsight he should of went under the knife right after the injury.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

And this is going to be this year's big question: do we have receivers who can get off the line vs. press coverage?

Second question:  Will the Bills D actually play press coverage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Knox has quietly had a pretty decent camp himself so far.

Someone needs to steal his calendar and replace all the months with January.

Im a big fan of Knox.  I'm hoping he has a good year with less drops.  This offense does not have stars like Tyreek Hill or even a Diggs anymore.  It does have Josh Allen though and we still have a lot of receiving talent.  Its just not considered elite talent.

No way am I ever counting this team out with Josh Allen behind center.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I would like to think so as well 👍

6 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Sam Martin signed a three year, $6 million contract with the Bills. $3.9 million is guaranteed including a $1.2 million signing bonus. If on the roster on the 5th day of the 2024 league year, $1.55 million will become fully guaranteed.

overthecap.com

Looks kinda slow to me haha

6 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I like a Salty Sal. Especially when he goes at it with Schopp. 

• Like (+1) 1