Training Camp 7/28

2 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

is Martin expendable contract-wise?

100k savings if we cut him. But considering we still need to sign a punter it would be a net loss. But it might still be worth it considering browsing would the other punter most likely and he would be a UDFA contract that’s cheap going forward. If brownings can hold I think it’s worth it. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

is Martin expendable contract-wise?

Sam Martin signed a three year, $6 million contract with the Bills. $3.9 million is guaranteed including a $1.2 million signing bonus. If on the roster on the 5th day of the 2024 league year, $1.55 million will become fully guaranteed.

overthecap.com

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Joe Marino was at camp today. Here are his notes:

- Punt Returners were Hardy, Hamler and Isabella. All looked good but Hardy had a muff

- KRs Davis, Hamler, Johnson, HOLLINS, Isabella and Hardy

- McGovern has to find consistency with his snaps. They were erratic all day

- MVS has an uphill climb to make this roster

- Thought Bishop had a great day but starters at safety were Rapp and Hamlin

- ELAM had a day - plenty of 1st team reps

- Had fun watching Coleman and Hollins. Coleman has an undeniable presence about him

- Kincaid is going to catch so many passes

- La'El Collins is cooked

- 2nd team OL (today) appeared to be (from left to right) Van Demark, Clapp, Anderson, SVPG, Collins 

- Williams and Johnston are the backup DTs right now

• Thank you (+1) 6

31 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm worried about McGovern. We've seen what happens when Josh doesn't have a reliable snapper. Hoping we don't regret letting go of Morse. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

One other note which explains why he thinks MVS has an uphill battle - apparently Claypool, Hamler, and Shavers all took 1st team reps today, but MVS tool none. That's something to monitor.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, bills742 said:

I'm worried about McGovern. We've seen what happens when Josh doesn't have a reliable snapper. Hoping we don't regret letting go of Morse. 

Give the kid some snaps with Josh when the pads come on.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

One other note which explains why he thinks MVS has an uphill battle - apparently Claypool, Hamler, and Shavers all took 1st team reps today, but MVS tool none. That's something to monitor.

Could be more that they know what they have in MVS and less certain about the other three. A few days ago when the WRs split into groups, with some going to work with STs and others sticking behind to work with Allen, the four who reportedly stayed with Allen were Samuel, Coleman, Shakir, and MVS. 

2 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Could be more that they know what they have in MVS and less certain about the other three. A few days ago when the WRs split into groups, with some going to work with STs and others sticking behind to work with Allen, the four who reportedly stayed with Allen were Samuel, Coleman, Shakir, and MVS

I think it was because MVS apparently is no good at STs.

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

gcersviqe0ihs6jpyrbx

How camp has changed? I used to be able to take my kids and make good memories. They used to be able to get autographs. Now? I didn’t even get a response on weather we got picked to get tickets in the “lottery”. (Obviously we didn’t.) My oldest son’s friend had 4 tickets and only needed one so he took my oldest son and my twins last week. They said no chance to get autographs, only for vip people. 
so for a family of 6 that might have went 2-3 times a summer, we had 3 boys go once. 

I remember in the lawyer milloy days I think it was I was driving by fisher and camp (practice) was going on, I just parked my work van somewhere, ran across the street and caught the end of practice. They were scrimmaging hard that day to. I saw a great goal line stand, someone getting stuffed at the goal line, fans cheering, players jacked up celebrating!

Edited by 4th&long
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

How camp has changed? I used to be able to take my kids and make good memories. They used to be able to get autographs. Now? I didn’t even get a response on weather we got picked to get tickets in the “lottery”. (Obviously we didn’t.) My oldest son’s friend had 4 tickets and only needed one so he took my oldest son and my twins last week. They said no chance to get autographs, only for vip people. 
so for a family of 6 that might have went 2-3 times a summer, we had 3 boys go once. 

I remember in the lawyer milloy days I think it was I was driving by fisher and camp (practice) was going on, I just parked my work van somewhere, ran across the street and caught the end of practice. They were scrimmaging hard that day to. I saw a great goal line stand, someone getting stuffed at the goal line, fans cheering, players jacked up celebrating!

I remember I jumped a fence once and ran to James Hardy, who signed an autograph.

Took a picture with JP Losman too. 

• Like (+1) 2