IOC got X to remove satanic Olympic opening ceremony vids

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

No not amazing at all.

as I was responding to your weak attempt at a post. 

but maybe it is amazing to a child who uses terms like “ghost story “ and “zombie” when discussing religion. 

Leave the thread to the adults Stevie.

How is it not a ghost/zombie story? Dude died and popped back to life 72 hours later. That’s either a ghost or a zombie. 

The craziest part of religion is that 90%+ peoples’ beliefs are based solely by what area of the world they happened to be born in and what their parents believed, based on their parents’ beliefs, etc. 

Some drag queens did an admittedly distasteful scene. How many days should we plan on you all crying about it and saying “bUt wHAt iF tHeY mADe fUn oF iSLaM?” before y’all move onto being offended by the next thing? I thought those of us on the left were supposed to be the snowflakes? 

10 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

And just to clarify my issue with the ceremony had more to do with my kids wanting to watch it.   A family should be able to watch the Olympics without homosexuality, nut sacks, and blasphemy being perpetuated.  When you watch the Sopranos you know that's going to be on the menu so you aren't likely sitting down with your 4 year old to watch it.

And… there it is - your real problem with what happened. Heaven forbid (pun intended) your children find out that gay people exist! 

Edited by stevestojan

17 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Where was the outcry when Jesus and his apostles were openly portrayed as mobsters and murderers? Seriously, why be so offended by one and not the other?

20240727_121517.jpg

Gene right on que defending drag queens preforming around children. Good job gene!

8 hours ago, stevestojan said:

How is it not a ghost/zombie story? Dude died and popped back to life 72 hours later. That’s either a ghost or a zombie. 

The craziest part of religion is that 90%+ peoples’ beliefs are based solely by what area of the world they happened to be born in and what their parents believed, based on their parents’ beliefs, etc. 

Some drag queens did an admittedly distasteful scene. How many days should we plan on you all crying about it and saying “bUt wHAt iF tHeY mADe fUn oF iSLaM?” before y’all move onto being offended by the next thing? I thought those of us on the left were supposed to be the snowflakes? 

Well, in support of the notion that everyone has the right to an opinion, I wouldn’t characterize all those on the left as snowflakes (though certainly some might meet that definition for me on any particular issue of the day). 

I will say you display at least a certain degree of bigotry that, at a minimum, likely rivals that of people you mock. 

As to what would Islam do, I think most Muslims would be offended by a similarly targeted display, express their outrage in whatever format available and get on with life.  That would provide you with another opportunity to drop your snowflakes line, etc etc and the circle would be complete. 

The issue for me isn’t as you described it, that “Some drag queens did an admittedly distasteful scene”.  The issue is that it was a choreographed and intentional part of the grand spectacle of the Paris Olympics, and all that that implies.  To the extent it mocked or insulted was intentional and calculated. 

In that regard, it’s really just about intolerance, which is pretty ironic imo. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, stevestojan said:

And… there it is - your real problem with what happened. Heaven forbid (pun intended) your children find out that gay people exist! 

Try again.  My brother in law is gay.    He is married to another man.   They are both amazing people who we love dearly.   He is one of my favorite people on Earth.  My kids ask questions about them all the time and understand it very well.    While it is not my job to judge anyone, we do raise our children as Christians and I would hope my brother in law has the same love and respect for us and the way we choose to live our life as we do his.

My point was we should be able to sit down and watch the frickin Olympics without being inundated with sexuality.    Does it make any sense for two people whether gay or straight to be mock making out during the opening ceremony?   Should a guys balls be out?    Why is a family with young kids not allowed to sit down together and watch the Olympics and not just have it be about sports?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Try again.  My brother in law is gay.    He is married to another man.   They are both amazing people who we love dearly.   He is one of my favorite people on Earth.  My kids ask questions about them all the time and understand it very well.    While it is not my job to judge anyone, we do raise our children as Christians and I would hope my brother in law has the same love and respect for us and the way we choose to live our life as we do his.

My point was we should be able to sit down and watch the frickin Olympics without being inundated with sexuality.    Does it make any sense for two people whether gay or straight to be mock making out during the opening ceremony?   Should a guys balls be out?    Why is a family with young kids not allowed to sit down together and watch the Olympics and not just have it be about sports?

Thank you.

It would be just as inappropriate to have the dancers from the sundowner gyrating on stripper poles and simulating heterosexual sex acts with straight dudes at the opening ceremonies. 

There is absolutely zero reason to sexualize children in any way.

Unless you're a pedo groomer.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think Stevestojan was simply pointing out that in some Olympic events, balls are very necessary elements of the game, so balls are good and anyone objecting to ball sightings must, by extension, be closed-minded. 

• Haha (+1) 5

58 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Nice try. The “but I know someone who is gay” is equivalent to “I can’t be racist, my friend is black!”

If you truly mean what you say here, you would have simply used the word “sexuality.” You very purposefully chose to say homosexuality.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The fact they took them all down and scrubbed the Internet of its existence.  Is telling.   

If your proud of it , you don't hide it.   

Don't they take demand take downs of all Olympics video footage? Even actual athletic performances?

• Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Don't they take demand take downs of all Olympics video footage? Even actual athletic performances?

That's a good point.  It Depends.  Data privacy laws in most of EU are based on the fact the person's "recorded information, including video" is private unless they give permission.  So it would be hard with the crowds.  Unless they have a data privacy nda in the ticket buying process.

Right now it's streaming on peacock and NBC and I believe you can download it vs stream.  But not sure 

12 hours ago, US Egg said:

Could be her last supper. Being that  heavy, she/he/it could  have a heart attack tomorrow.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Nice try. The “but I know someone who is gay” is equivalent to “I can’t be racist, my friend is black!”

If you truly mean what you say here, you would have simply used the word “sexuality.” You very purposefully chose to say homosexuality.  

That's ok buddy.  I know who I am.  Its not the same thing in the least.   You also forgot to mention how I said religion, and race didn't need to be a part of the ceremony.

One of us carries hate in their heart for people of a different opinion and it's not me.   No matter how much hyperbole and sensationalism you use.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

Absolutely true. 

Some of the children here should think about this. 

"This is NOT how we break down barriers it’s how you build them"

That's exactly how the democrats want it.

• Agree 2