Jordan Love 4 yrs 220 million

4 minutes ago, julian said:

Love easily, look what Love is working with on offense compared to Tua, and he showed more in the 2nd half of the season than I’ve ever seen from Tua.

That being said, still crazy more for what essentially was an excellent half season of play.

How was it half a season?  He started great, finished great, and was pretty good in between.  He had 31 TDs and only 12 INTs, and he ran in 4 more. 

Want a stat?  He had 9 games during the season where he threw multiple TDs without throwing an interception and then another in his first playoff game.  Josh has done that 25 times in his career.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Billl said:

Love, and it’s not close.  He’s really good, and he’s improving rapidly.  Tua’s good and he’s still improving incrementally, but you pretty much know what his ceiling is.  I could see Love being considered one of the elite QBs as soon as this year.

I agree.  We don't know Loves ceiling.  We know Tuas.  Love also has not show

27 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Agreed.  The agent was waiting for one of the domino's to fall.

I'd take Love all day.  To me, Tua has hit his ceiling and you can see his limitations.  Tua has a great support in his OC and weapons.  Love did so much more with less and has only scratched the surface.  

I agree with this as well. Love did more with less

23 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Josh Allen

But of course

2 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

That’s like when the bills payed Rob Johnson off 1 good game.  Back then that was “only” $25 mil.

No, it's not. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

At what point does the crazy salaries turn off the average fan?

What should the owners do with that extra profit if it isn't going to the players, the ones that put their bodies on the line?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Process said:

He was not pretty good in between. I remember watching him early in the year thinking he was one of the worst starting QBs I've ever seen. He had a stretch where he threw 10 picks in 7 games and they lost 6/8 games. 

He did a complete 180 and was on fire the second half of the season. Probably the best QB in the NFL. 

Really curious to see how he does this year. 

He literally had one really bad game all year.  Do you really not remember just how bad Josh looked at times his first couple of years?  Love threw 12 picks all season in his first year as a starter.  Other teams have good players, too.  It’s okay to admit it.

7 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

What should the owners do with that extra profit if it isn't going to the players, the ones that put their bodies on the line?

The same people who complain about young talented dudes making millions love the old dudes making billions owning the teams.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hope Allen doesn't read Florio.

21 minutes ago, Billl said:

How was it half a season?  He started great, finished great, and was pretty good in between.  He had 31 TDs and only 12 INTs, and he ran in 4 more. 

Want a stat?  He had 9 games during the season where he threw multiple TDs without throwing an interception and then another in his first playoff game.  Josh has done that 25 times in his career.

What fun is that?

• Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Packers have now done this twice. Bring in a 1st rounder to sit a couple years behind the icon and move on to the young guy.

If I’m a GM, I take notice concerning that strategy.

They’ve always been good at that, despite the fact that they skimp out on every other position!

17 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Or maybe it shouldn't cost a weeks pay to attend a single game. The owners are gonna make what they need to make. The outrageous player salaries are driving average folks out of being able to attend. My dad took me to games as a kid and we were not super well off. Me I can take my son to maybe 1 a year. 200 a ticket another 50 to park another 50 for ***** nachos and watered down pepsi. That's 500 bucks for a Sunday afternoon out.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Whkfc said:

Or maybe it shouldn't cost a weeks pay to attend a single game. The owners are gonna make what they need to make. The outrageous player salaries are driving average folks out of being able to attend. My dad took me to games as a kid and we were not super well off. Me I can take my son to maybe 1 a year. 200 a ticket another 50 to park another 50 for ***** nachos and watered down pepsi. That's 500 bucks for a Sunday afternoon out.

Until they stop selling out stadiums they'll keep charging those prices.  The beauty of capitalism.

I’m completely not understanding how what you said is the players fault. They don’t set the salary cap, ticket prices, food, parking, etc…that’s all the owners doing that 

• Thank you (+1) 1

So the owners “are gonna make what they need to make” but it’s the players who are greedy…  Players have fancy cars.  Owners have yachts with helicopters on them.

28 minutes ago, Billl said:

lol huh ? I was complementing Love, I didn’t say his first half was poor or bad, just that I thought he played great in the 2nd half lol.. I never said a word about Allen, I’m not sure making that comparison and ultimately dragging 17 on this board is helping your argument, an argument you seem to be having with yourself lol.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Can we say that this is getting out of hand? Paying QBs $50 million a year is one thing, paying them that kind of money when they haven't earned it yet is another. This is insane 

It was even worse before the rookie wage scale.  As we saw with Allen, signing them early is usually the right play.  If you're convinced you have your franchise QB you sign him.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Perhaps Kyle Shanahan has cracked the code. Load up every other position, draft Mr. Irrelevant every 4 years or sign an accurate journeyman and make it to 2 super bowls every 5 years. At this point his system guarantees a 40% chance of making the big game, and eventually he will win one. The odds are in his favor. 

Only because he is in the NFC. That wouldn't fly in the AFC with all the elite QB's.

• Agree 5