Well I wasn't planning to watch the Olympics anyway...

54 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

OK, so I looked it up.

Yes, the Algerian fighter is genetically male. 

No, she (I'll use her choice as a courtesy, because my mama taught me to be courteous) doesn't belong in a women's competition.

But check out the Irish girl who kicked her ass in Tokyo. This may be unfair and all that, but assuming they're still in the same weight class, this final will be Must See TV!

Where did you find confirmation of XY?  I find conflicting reports.

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Not sure. But it was in at least a couple of sources.

IOC says not transgender,  From the Guardian: On Thursday, the IOC’s spokesman Mark Adams was asked about the controversy. “I repeat that all the competitors comply with the eligibility rules,” he said. “But what I would say is that this involves real people. And, by the way, this is not a transgender issue. I should make this absolutely clear.”

This implies to me XX genotype but no one has said XY except the president of the Russian boxing commission who is reportedly corrupt.  I think the big takeaway is that gender is not always clear despite what MAGAs insist.  There are many medical conditions that confound the determination.  For example, would an XXY individual be male;e or female.  Most live as males.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

35 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What’s the dealio with the random capital letters, Frenx?  Ive seen that a couple times here.  

Breaking the fouth wall here. 🤣

It's generally used to mock the statement, in this case because everyone who said they weren't going to watch now have their panties in a bunch over something that happened in the event they weren't going to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/26/2024 at 6:52 PM, BillsFanNC said:

More trans woke nonsense. 

And here I was only expecting USA athletes to shi.t on the country they're representing. 

There are those that know a lot more about the bible than I do, and more than a few of them have told me that somewhere in it (revelations maybe?) it says that at the end of time what's wrong will be made to seem right and vice-versa. While I don't read as much of the bible as I should, I do know right from wrong. Mocking The Last Supper etc. is just wrong.

Edited by Steve O
  • Agree 4

13 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

You live with them.

Do you exclude them from competitive sports.? I think it's reasonable to have some definitive. unambiguous criteria such as XX and presence of female reproductive organs (functional or not).  But others would disagree.  Who is to say what criteria is correct?  These are difficult, complicated questions and posters here are acting like it's obvious what gender these humans are. 

I've got it!  A separate hermaphrodite Olympics!  btw, it's not as rare as you think.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Do you exclude them from competitive sports.? I think it's reasonable to have some definitive. unambiguous criteria such as XX and presence of female reproductive organs (functional or not).  But others would disagree.  Who is to say what criteria is correct?  These are difficult, complicated questions and posters here are acting like it's obvious what gender these humans are.

You don't exclude them, maybe they should compete against other trans athletes? Seems reasonable no?

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

It's generally used to mock the statement, in this case because everyone who said they weren't going to watch now have their panties in a bunch over something that happened in the event they weren't going to watch.

Do you support people assigned male at birth competing athletically against those assigned female at birth?

Having to type “assigned at birth” is something never required prior to the last few years. Kill me. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

You don't exclude them, maybe they should compete against other trans athletes? Seems reasonable no?

I think we came up with that simultaneously.  That wouldn't let them participate in high school or likely college sports (not enough hermaphrodite athletes to compete with.  I don't know the answer but I'm certain it isn't cut and dried.

6 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Having to type “assigned at birth” is something never required prior to the last few years. Kill me. 

It has been recognized in the medical community for centuries.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I think we came up with that simultaneously.  That wouldn't let them participate in high school or likely college sports (not enough hermaphrodite athletes to compete with.  I don't know the answer but I'm certain it isn't cut and dried.

Anyone who doesn't fall into traditional categories male or female would fall into bucket 3. Not sure the logistics or it but if you don't fit into the traditional gender identity, there is still a place to compete fairly, against people that are similar to you.  Just brainstorming here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Ah, ok.  I tried to synch it with The Wall and The Wizard of Oz kept popping up on my You Tube channel.  

Thanks for the inside dope.