Well I wasn't planning to watch the Olympics anyway...

You folks are stupid and easily manipulated by media.  Get a life and stop blowing everything up.  Yeah it is weird that there were drags for the opening ceremony.  So you aren't gonna watch the Olympics?  So childish and simple minded.  The population has become so easily manipulated.  Right or left. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, nedboy7 said:

You folks are stupid and easily manipulated by media.  Get a life and stop blowing everything up.  Yeah it is weird that there were drags for the opening ceremony.  So you aren't gonna watch the Olympics?  So childish and simple minded.  The population has become so easily manipulated.  Right or left. 

Exactly. It was more silly and ridiculous (and boring) than offensive.

I saw that Gay Papa Smurf was actually supposed to be Dionysus, God of the Vine. Because, you know, France = Wine. Whatever.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Exactly. It was more silly and ridiculous (and boring) than offensive.

I saw that Gay Papa Smurf was actually supposed to be Dionysus, God of the Vine. Because, you know, France = Wine. Whatever.

Precisely.  Stop ***** over reacting to everything.  That is exactly what they want.  The gender people are out of control.  It will self regulate. 

2 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Precisely.  Stop ***** over reacting to everything.  That is exactly what they want.  The gender people are out of control.  It will self regulate. 

I sometimes wonder where these old scolds have been living the last, oh, 50 years.

I remember seeing David Bowie go all out on the costumes when I was a kid. He was every bit as outrageous as what we saw yesterday. More so, because it was actually new back then.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I sometimes wonder where these old scolds have been living the last, oh, 50 years.

I remember seeing David Bowie go all out on the costumes when I was a kid. He was every bit as outrageous as what we saw yesterday. More so, because it was actually new back then.

Nobody pretended it was normal or tried to shame people that saw it as abnormal, which it was and still is. Now we have people telling us we should honor the crap on display last night even if an entire month is needed to do so. 

2 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Nobody pretended it was normal or tried to shame people that saw it as abnormal, which it was and still is. Now we have people telling us we should honor the crap on display last night even if an entire month is needed to do so. 

Relax. It's not hurting you. It's not hurting "the children." 

If I'm on the Olympic Committee, I'm vetoing 95% of the entertainment I saw last night (and I did sit through it, but fast forwarding the recorded afternoon file) on the basis of "it's stupid" or "it's boring" or both. (Celine Dion and that girl with the flaming piano can stay, the latter on the basis of it's so stupid it's good.) So don't watch. Our kids watch far worse every day. Maybe they shouldn't; they do.

Plus .. Hey, if I hadn't seen all that David Bowie stuff in my formative years I may have never developed my edgy sense of humor. Too bad your mom duct taped the old TV dial in your house to Hee Haw.

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Relax. It's not hurting you. It's not hurting "the children." 

If I'm on the Olympic Committee, I'm vetoing 95% of the entertainment I saw last night (and I did sit through it, but fast forwarding the recorded afternoon file) on the basis of "it's stupid" or "it's boring" or both. (Celine Dion and that girl with the flaming piano can stay, the latter on the basis of it's so stupid it's good.) So don't watch. Our kids watch far worse every day. Maybe they shouldn't; they do.

Plus .. Hey, if I hadn't seen all that David Bowie stuff in my formative years I may have never developed my edgy sense of humor. Too bad your mom duct taped the old TV dial in your house to Hee Haw.

Had you seen less Bowie perhaps you would actually be funny. Alas…

I didn’t mention “the children”. My post was drawing a difference between the preeminent glam rocker of the 70s to the ridiculousness of today’s trans movement. That you would take it in a different direction is the least surprising thing I will encounter this weekend. 

I will relax now. I really flew off the handle for a minute there. 

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Now tell us all the leftists cults that are around that are MUCH MORE violent in nature than anything out there.

Much more violent than religions?  Ya all those dikes and homos eclipsing the holocaust the crusades the troubles the current Gaza.   Your a idiot

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Ridiculous, yes. Like most forms of entertainment I guess.

You will be upsetting the Roundy’s and Billstime’s of the world if you consider the trans movement as a form of entertainment. I suspect those involved see their cause as more than entertainment. 

8 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I would be more upset if my kids thought the Bible was real instead of being confused about their pronouns due to a fad.  

Really? The world is a lost cause at this point.

• Like (+1) 4

16 hours ago, dickleyjones said:

is there a bigger stage in this world than the Bible? 

A book ? In 2024?

:lol:

You do realize that there are Christian denominations that are welcoming to LGBTQ, right?

I was at a celebration of life service just last month at one such church. Pride flags everywhere.

16 hours ago, dickleyjones said:

occam's razor would be no one at the ioc cared. that's simple.

i dont think we should disparage either. not to say i approve of their actions, i just dont see how disparaging helps, it mostly pushes them further apart. 

Good, but I don't see what the problem is in calling bigots, bigots.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I would be more upset if my kids thought the Bible was real instead of being confused about their pronouns due to a fad.  

One thing teaches love, forgiveness, moral values, humility, compassion vs. complete degeneracy and debauchery.

50 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

A book ? In 2024?

:lol:

You do realize that there are Christian denominations that are welcoming to LGBTQ, right?

I was at a celebration of life service just last month at one such church. Pride flags everywhere.

Good, but I don't see what the problem is in calling bigots, bigots.

Yes, the most printed book ever, by far. The book that wars are made of (unfortunately). The book millions of people wear symbols of. the book thousands of preachers preach from to millions of people. The book most people know the stories from, and many people know the anti-gay sentiment from because some christians are happy to point it out. How many people in this world do you figure have never heard of the bible or the stories within? How many LGBTQ people have never heard of the anti-gay sentiment within? I think it is understandable for the bible to be rejected by most LGBTQ people.  you can mock books in 2024, but the bible is the most influential piece of media in our world.

Totally appreciate progressive churches, like the one my mother attends. These are the people who realize the bible is not to be taken so literally and instead focus on a more simple message like jesus just wants us to love each other.

You can call a bigot a bigot, i just don't see how it helps anything.

Edited by dickleyjones

7 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

Yes, the most printed book ever, by far. The book that wars are made of (unfortunately). The book millions of people wear symbols of. the book thousands of preachers preach from to millions of people. The book most people know the stories from, and many people know the anti-gay sentiment from because some christians are happy to point it out. How many people in this world do you figure have never heard of the bible or the stories within? How many LGBTQ people have never heard of the anti-gay sentiment within? I think it is understandable for the bible to be rejected by most LGBTQ people.  you can mock books in 2024, but the bible is the most influential piece of media in our world.

Perhaps it will be during the closing ceremonies when we'll get religious symbols and dancing clergy quoting scripture?

2 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Perhaps it will be during the closing ceremonies when we'll get religious symbols and dancing clergy quoting scripture?

Nah, probably during the competitions when athletes pray or cross themselves before they compete and thank god when they win.