Well I wasn't planning to watch the Olympics anyway...

1 hour ago, Doc said:

And we know Imane is a female...how?  Do we have proof she has a *****?  Ovaries?  Beyond being told?

And there is controversy about this person because questions have been raised about them and them alone.  It's not like dozens or even a handful of women are being accused of being TG.  So there's no vast conspiracy against women.   Meanwhile a TG woman impacts more than just 1 woman.  Which is what you all fail to see.

So if she's a TG women, but she still gets her ass kicked by biological women (she's lost 9 professional fights to certified biological women)...why should we care if she's TG?

4 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

I don’t speak for a side. I speak for me.

And the fact that the people who so smugly pretend to care about women and women’s sports have spent days trashing a woman because they can’t read past a headline just underscores their ignorance and gullibility. 

BTW: the evidence that she even has a Y chromosome is almost entirely based on one guy’s claim who has never backed it up by making the test results public. 

So the fighter does not have a Y chromosome? Why doesn't the Olympic committee just come and say that? I do love your overarching condemnation of all conservatives and then stating "I speak for me". I am asking just you now- if the fighter has a Y chromosome should they be fighting women? 

IOC saddened by 'aggression' against boxers over gender row

“"These two athletes were the victims of a sudden and arbitrary decision by the IBA," the IOC said in a statement. "Towards the end of the IBA World Championships in 2023, they were suddenly disqualified without any due process.

"According to the IBA minutes available on their website, this decision was initially taken solely by the IBA Secretary General and CEO."

Some sports have limited the levels of testosterone allowed for athletes competing in women's competition, while others ban everyone who has been through male puberty.

Differences of Sexual Development (DSD) are a group of rare conditions involving genes, hormones and reproductive organs. Some people with DSDs are raised as female but have XY sex chromosomes and blood testosterone levels in the male range.”

12 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

So the fighter does not have a Y chromosome? Why doesn't the Olympic committee just come and say that? I do love your overarching condemnation of all conservatives and then stating "I speak for me". I am asking just you now- if the fighter has a Y chromosome should they be fighting women? 

To my knowledge, the IOC didn’t do a chromosomal test, so they couldn’t say either way.

The claim that she has a Y chromosome is based entirely on what one guy at the IBA (which was stripped of its recognition by the IOC years ago due to corruption and other issues) said and he has not made the test results public.

Maybe she has a rare DSD condition and actually does have a Y chromosome. Maybe she doesn’t and the IBA guy was just lying.

But she was born a woman. In fact, she had trouble training when she was younger because her dad didn’t think women should be fighters. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

And we know Imane is a male… how? Do we have proof she has a dick? Testicles? Beyond being told?

Obviously Imane and the other athlete were singled-out.  No one is singling-out, say, Simone Biles for being a man because she's dominating her sport.  So to put things to rest, have an independent exam performed, starting with a blood test and then medical exam with an ultrasound. 

1 hour ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

So if she's a TG women, but she still gets her ass kicked by biological women (she's lost 9 professional fights to certified biological women)...why should we care if she's TG?

So if she's a male but loses, it's OK?  And why should we care if a male is affecting many females?

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

To my knowledge, the IOC didn’t do a chromosomal test, so they couldn’t say either way.

The claim that she has a Y chromosome is based entirely on what one guy at the IBA (which was stripped of its recognition by the IOC years ago due to corruption and other issues) said and he has not made the test results public.

Maybe she has a rare DSD condition and actually does have a Y chromosome. Maybe she doesn’t and the IBA guy was just lying.

But she was born a woman. In fact, she had trouble training when she was younger because her dad didn’t think women should be fighters. 

You can't even answer if she should be banned if she has a Y chromosome. If the IBA is lying, then they suck and should be bashed, but right now i have minimal proof the Y exists and you have zero proof it does not exist. If there is a Y you can't compete with women IMO, how about you?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

You can't even answer if she should be banned if she has a Y chromosome. If the IBA is lying, then they suck and should be bashed, but right now i have minimal proof the Y exists and you have zero proof it does not exist. If there is a Y you can't compete with women IMO, how about you?

Does someone who is born a woman but has a Y chromosome due to DSD have a natural competitive advantage? Does the Y chromosome in that person function exactly the same as it does in people who were born male?

Seems like that’s not necessarily the case: Natural Selection for Genetic Variants in Sport: The Role of Y Chromosome Genes in Elite Female Athletes with 46,XY DSD

18 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Does someone who is born a woman but has a Y chromosome due to DSD have a natural competitive advantage? Does the Y chromosome in that person function exactly the same as it does in people who were born male?

Seems like that’s not necessarily the case: Natural Selection for Genetic Variants in Sport: The Role of Y Chromosome Genes in Elite Female Athletes with 46,XY DSD

If you have the Y chromosome you should not be able to compete in a women sport. I appreciate what you are saying, and agree this is different than a trans person, but Y chromosome generally means someone has higher muscle mass. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Trans women are women. Seethe and cope, 

Would you sleep with a trans women? 
Why don’t you go ahead and post a picture of a trans women you find attractive 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

I’ll just leave this here

olympics-boxing-imane-khelif-angela-carini

From the cited article:

“Trans issues in particular challenge … biblical concepts of gender,” Sophie Bjork-James, a Vanderbilt University anthropologist who studies the religious right, previously told Vox. “Evangelicals tend to believe that men and women have very different qualities that are innate in us. I think there’s a huge interest in maintaining a gender binary because it really does provide a foundation for their theology and their everyday lives.”

These folks only see in black and white.  Gray is too difficult and challenges their core beliefs.  They'd rather not consider other possibilities.

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Dude, there are many XX women I wouldn't sleep with.  So what?

Would you sleep with a trans woman? It’s a simple question, sure there are ugly women but men do sleep with ugly women  go ahead and post a picture of a a trans woman you find attractive and would sleep with.

If any of you believe trans women are women this should be no problem 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

Would you sleep with a trans woman? It’s a simple question, sure there are ugly women but men do sleep with ugly women  go ahead and post a picture of a a trans woman you find attractive and would sleep with.

If any of you believe trans women are women this should be no problem 

I personally don't think trans women are women.  But they do and I don't think I'm in a position to decide for them.  Live and let live.  They're not affecting my life.  And I'm pretty sure there are some men that find them attractive.  Fine with me.

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I personally don't think trans women are women.  But they do and I don't think I'm in a position to decide for them.  Live and let live.  They're not affecting my life.  And I'm pretty sure there are some men that find them attractive.  Fine with me.

OK, that's honest.  So then, do you think they should be competing against real women?

• Thank you (+1) 1