Well I wasn't planning to watch the Olympics anyway...

Just now, 4th&long said:

And your question was why?

So my question stands, why do you care? who cares? 

It’s like my brother during the last Olympics when biles pulled out because of the twisties. He was all up in arms about it, ripping her. I asked him what he cares. He never watched gymnastics a day in his life. That’s maga, they have an issue with everything.

Yes we have issues maintaining societal norms and biology.  

Why do we care.  God sakes man.  

Now define woman.  

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Yes we have issues maintaining societal norms and biology.  

Why do we care.  God sakes man.  

Now define woman.  

That’s not it man! This is completely over your head. We are talking about an organization giving a girl money for dropping out! That’s it!!!!! I have not commented on the man/woman boxer. Get that thru your head when I ask you why do you care if an organization gives a real woman money for dropping out of a fight. That’s it end of story. 

The other shemale is a totally different story. And it’s funny hearing maga, who denies globally warming and COVID etc call someone else a science denier. Do you guys only believe science when it suits you? You can’t pick and choose when to believe in science!

Edited by 4th&long

2 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Grandpa Simpson is that you? One of my favorite Simpson bits sounds like you-

We can’t bust heads like we used to—but we have our ways. One trick is to tell them stories that don’t go anywhere like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so I decided to go to Morganville which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So, I tied an onion to my belt which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel. And in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on ‘em. ‘Give me five bees for a quarter,’ you’d say. Now, where were we? Oh, yeah! The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.”

Dude, it was a good time. The adults were having fun and raising money but not for little league. These old American traditions are part of the fabric of the culture. That u choose to ridicule them shows that you’re just a loose thread… like most MAGAs.

It is validating to watch the “what is a woman” crowd attack a woman who was born a woman, who struggled to train because her dad didn’t think women should box, and whose opponent believed she is a woman, all in the name of protecting women. 

Maybe, just maybe, it isn’t about actually protecting women. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

It is validating to watch the “what is a woman” crowd attack a woman who was born a woman, who struggled to train because her dad didn’t think women should box, and whose opponent believed she is a woman, all in the name of protecting women. 

I bet most just read the headlines and think she's trans.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Almost certainly. I would wager that a significant number of Americans believe she is trans. 

My parents are in town visiting and they brought this up, shocked that the IOC would allow a transgender person fight women. You just ask a couple of questions and it’s clear that people don’t actually look into things; they read the headline and base their opinion on it. 

7 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

7 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Most read she has a Y chromosome and thinks she should not box against women. I do appreciate that she was designated a woman from birth so this one is not as simple, but your self satisfaction after all the lies from your side is hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Most read she has a Y chromosome and thinks she should not box against women. I do appreciate that she was designated a woman from birth so this one is not as simple, but your self satisfaction after all the lies from your side is hilarious. 

I don’t speak for a side. I speak for me.

And the fact that the people who so smugly pretend to care about women and women’s sports have spent days trashing a woman because they can’t read past a headline just underscores their ignorance and gullibility. 

BTW: the evidence that she even has a Y chromosome is almost entirely based on one guy’s claim who has never backed it up by making the test results public. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

OK then, what is it actually about? 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

OK then, what is it actually about? 

Using culture war issues to evoke an emotional reaction in people so that they will vote to transfer more wealth and power from the average American to the donor class. 

Same as it ever was. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Using culture war issues to evoke an emotional reaction in people so that they will vote to transfer more wealth and power from the average American to the donor class. 

Same as it ever was. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

The entire discourse has been around her XY chromosomes and what that entails. 

I somewhat feel bad for her, but I also don’t know what the right answer is in terms of competition.

This isn’t akin to Michael Phelps and his genetic advantages as a man vs other men.  Imane literally has a different genetic makeup from the XX women she’s fighting. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Same as it ever was. 

Right.  And you care if a "transgender female" is able to compete against women, why?  Beyond being told to do so, that is?

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Right.  And you care if a "transgender female" is able to compete against women, why?  Beyond being told to do so, that is?

Well, the fun thing about the recent controversy is that no transgender female was involved. 

Didn’t stop the “we care about women’s sports” crowd from crapping all over a woman in an ironically stupid attempt at a defense of women, though. 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, ChiGoose said:

Well, the fun thing about the recent controversy is that no transgender female was involved. 

Didn’t stop the “we care about women’s sports” crowd from crapping all over a woman in an ironically stupid attempt at a defense of women, though. 

And we know Imane is a female...how?  Do we have proof she has a *****?  Ovaries?  Beyond being told?

And there is controversy about this person because questions have been raised about them and them alone.  It's not like dozens or even a handful of women are being accused of being TG.  So there's no vast conspiracy against women.   Meanwhile a TG woman impacts more than just 1 woman.  Which is what you all fail to see.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Doc said:

And we know Imane is a female...how?  Do we have proof she has a *****?  Ovaries?  Beyond being told?

And we know Imane is a male… how? Do we have proof she has a dick? Testicles? Beyond being told?

• Eyeroll 1