Well I wasn't planning to watch the Olympics anyway...

7 minutes ago, phypon said:

Neither are you... /joking

Sorry, I couldn't resist hitting you with that burn.  It was just right there for the taking.

Eh, we’re the fan base that used “Tom Brady sits when he pees” ad nauseum so I can’t be mad 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Why should the federal gov't (read "me") pay for your kid's little league team?  Do you think I can get my country club dues subsidized?

Two parts of this response are hilarious, you are bashing helping poor children play sports, and it is liberals who use the federal money this way. Your side causes a problem and then you complain, what a true liberal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Who is Italian boxer Angela Carini and why did she quit her fight against Imane Khelif?

““All this controversy makes me sad,” Carini said. “I’m sorry for my opponent, too. … If the IOC said she can fight, I respect that decision.”

Carini was apologetic for not shaking Khelif’s hand after the bout.

“It wasn’t something I intended to do,” Carini said. “Actually, I want to apologize to her and everyone else. I was angry because my Olympics had gone up in smoke. I don’t have anything against Khelif. Actually, if I were to meet her again I would embrace her.””

Looks like someone got the warning, er, memo...

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Two parts of this response are hilarious, you are bashing helping poor children play sports, and it is liberals who use the federal money this way. Your side causes a problem and then you complain, what a true liberal.

Nope.  I don't recall a little league aid package being sponsored by either party.  I gave a friends kid $20 for a road tournament the other day.  That was my choice and his dad's a PT and can afford it.  Just part of living in a tight community.  Not part of a national program.  poor kids need lots of things.  Organized junior baseball isn't a high priority imo.  Growing up in Lewiston, our little league was run by a PE teacher and a bunch of college kids.  The jerseys were paid for by local biz sponsors with their names on the back.  Umps and coaches were kids in higher leagues.  No travel, very little cost to anyone.  No MLB players emerged but that's not really the goal, is it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Nope.  I don't recall a little league aid package being sponsored by either party.  I gave a friends kid $20 for a road tournament the other day.  That was my choice and his dad's a PT and can afford it.  Just part of living in a tight community.  Not part of a national program.  poor kids need lots of things.  Organized junior baseball isn't a high priority imo.  Growing up in Lewiston, our little league was run by a PE teacher and a bunch of college kids.  The jerseys were paid for by local biz sponsors with their names on the back.  Umps and coaches were kids in higher leagues.  No travel, very little cost to anyone.  No MLB players emerged but that's not really the goal, is it?

Are you trying to make a point? That 1972 was different than 2012? Life has changed, when I was a kid we had local sponsors, no one in FL does, and we do produce lots of MLB players. I don't believe many up north use local sponsors anymore either, due to the fear of "Chicos Bail Bonds" making a return. We also have to deal with insurance regulations and equipment maintenance, basically that version of LL is mainly gone.

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Good post here.  

XY is a male.  I'd guess the doctor or whoever delivered him saw no penis/***** and everyone just assumed he was a female, raised him female and no one checked for 10-12 years. 

3 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Are you trying to make a point? That 1972 was different than 2012? Life has changed, when I was a kid we had local sponsors, no one in FL does, and we do produce lots of MLB players. I don't believe many up north use local sponsors anymore either, due to the fear of "Chicos Bail Bonds" making a return. We also have to deal with insurance regulations and equipment maintenance, basically that version of LL is mainly gone.

We did a skit  in a fundraiser.  My wife played the secretary for a local accounting firm that had sponsored a softball team.  The printer left the L out of public accountant.  She took calls from people wanting brazilian waxes, more information etc.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever