Well I wasn't planning to watch the Olympics anyway...

4 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

There’s no evidence she was born a man and transitioned. 

She likely has elevated testosterone (not uncommon in female athletes) or possibly a rare condition. 

But that hasn’t stopped some people from attacking a cis-woman for not meeting their expectations. 

I wouldn’t know if there was evidence or not.  I know there is some controversy from her past, beyond that, no idea.  The original point about the passport proving anything is lazy.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffarukus said:

I agree that bill should have continued but I dont think the people who demanded the economy should be locked down and schools closed for YEARS can really pretend to care about poverty or children either. 

We'll be paying for that education deficiency for decades

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

I’d leave it up to the governing bodies of the sport, not the actual government. 

If they want to set a criteria about testosterone levels, hormones, sex at birth, etc, that seems reasonable. 

And since it wouldn’t be mandated by the actual government, if people didn’t like the way that one body of sport defined it, they could go to (or even create) a different one with different specifications. 

In first reading I was going to attack more strongly but I know things many do not about government funding, even of simple things like youth sport leagues. The federal government has requirements about how to get money for your league, such as my sons little league,  in about 2012 had to spend more money on the softball league, or get more girls to play baseball, with no chance at federal grant money if they did not show growth. The amount of money was over 10k for a town that was not rich at the time and the league total coffers was less than $40k per season. To ignore that money would mean a 25% increase in costs to all parents, and not enough parents would even realize why unless their child got hurt. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

I’d leave it up to the governing bodies of the sport, not the actual government. 

If they want to set a criteria about testosterone levels, hormones, sex at birth, etc, that seems reasonable. 

And since it wouldn’t be mandated by the actual government, if people didn’t like the way that one body of sport defined it, they could go to (or even create) a different one with different specifications. 

A reasonable approach to a degree.

Boxing has several governing bodies, One of them seemingly and possibly arbitrarily ruled against these two boxers in terms of their sexual conformity. Given that other sports like swimming have taken a stance against certain aspects of biological men performing in women's sports, it stands to reason that boxing should as well given the very nature of the sport. 

I think what you'll see going forward is probably not too far from what you described in that the athletes themselves will start to revolt against the agencies If this continues to happen more often.

11 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

In first reading I was going to attack more strongly but I know things many do not about government funding, even of simple things like youth sport leagues. The federal government has requirements about how to get money for your league, such as my sons little league,  in about 2012 had to spend more money on the softball league, or get more girls to play baseball, with no chance at federal grant money if they did not show growth. The amount of money was over 10k for a town that was not rich at the time and the league total coffers was less than $40k per season. To ignore that money would mean a 25% increase in costs to all parents, and not enough parents would even realize why unless their child got hurt. 

Why should the federal gov't (read "me") pay for your kid's little league team?  Do you think I can get my country club dues subsidized?

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

14 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Earlier in the thread you were talking down to everyone about a cis-woman not meeting their expectations and now you suggest that criteria centered around testosterone levels and similar seem reasonable. That’s an interesting thing you’ve got going. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Earlier in the thread you were talking down to everyone about a cis-woman not meeting their expectations and now you suggest that criteria centered around testosterone levels and similar seem reasonable. That’s an interesting thing you’ve got going. 

Making fun of people for dumbly believing that a woman is a man because they have no idea what they are talking about doesn’t seem inconsistent with arguing that the government shouldn’t be the body to make those kinds of decisions about sports.  

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Making fun of people for dumbly believing that a woman is a man because they have no idea what they are talking about doesn’t seem inconsistent with arguing that the government shouldn’t be the body to make those kinds of decisions about sports.  

But you are ok with a sporting body ruling against a cis-woman that might have elevated testosterone levels Got it. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

Who is Italian boxer Angela Carini and why did she quit her fight against Imane Khelif?

““All this controversy makes me sad,” Carini said. “I’m sorry for my opponent, too. … If the IOC said she can fight, I respect that decision.”

Carini was apologetic for not shaking Khelif’s hand after the bout.

“It wasn’t something I intended to do,” Carini said. “Actually, I want to apologize to her and everyone else. I was angry because my Olympics had gone up in smoke. I don’t have anything against Khelif. Actually, if I were to meet her again I would embrace her.””

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Eyeroll 1

Tommy Eyeroll follows a script so closely you could probably just replace them with a bot that randomly responds with posts about talking points, scripts, and “MSM”. Nobody would notice. 

• Eyeroll 2

14 hours ago, Starr-Bills said:

Child tax credit. Right in the title. Allows families with children to pay less taxes so they have more spending money to ensure their children have food and clothes, etc..

I mean is this a joke or are you being willfully, ignorant?

My point being, the benefit vests to the taxpayer (mom and/or dad) and not the kiddos. The benefit may or may not be spent on something benefitting the child. That's the moms/dads choice. It could, in fact, be spent on drugs or anything else that doesn't benefit the child.

• Like (+1) 1

So… what’s the answer here?

Just let this happen?

I understand that it’s more complex than “that’s actually a dude”, and that these women aren’t undefeated, but having XY chromosomes is very clearly a different level than “Michael Phelps is double jointed” that the left wants to argue is in the same realm. 

• Thank you (+1) 3